• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophecies of the bible fullfiled

Me Myself

Back to my username
Which are this alleged prophecies may I know?

and

are they greater guesses than those of other religious texts? how?

idav

Being
Premium Member
Read it and weep my friends.

Mark 13:8
Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines.

Fulfilled!! :D

Me Myself

Back to my username
As painfully obvious as that prophecy has proven certain, unholy me would like to know the rest of them :p

idav

Being
Premium Member
On a more serious note I don't think the rest of the verses after Mark 13:8 were fulfilled. :(

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
As painfully obvious as that prophecy has proven certain, unholy me would like to know the rest of them :p

there are sooooo many. I'll point out a few from the Greek scriptures which have been fulfilled:

Matthew 24:24 Departing now, Jesus was on his way from the temple, but his disciples approached to show him the buildings of the temple. 2 In response he said to them: “Do YOU not behold all these things? Truly I say to YOU, By no means will a stone be left here upon a stone and not be thrown down.”
Fulfilled in 70CE when Rome destroyed the Temple in Jerusalem.

Luke 19:43 Because the days will come upon you when your enemies will build around you a fortification with pointed stakes and will encircle you and distress you from every side
Fullfilled in 70CE when the roman soldiers built a wall of stakes around the outside of the walls of Jerusalem to prevent those inside from escaping.

Matthew 24:15 “Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,) 16 then let those in Ju‧de′a begin fleeing to the mountains
Fulfilled with Cestus Galus came into Jerusalem's temple in 66CE and erected the Roman flag in the middle of the temple. The christians fled the city at this time in obedience to Jesus words.

An apostasy would develop in Christs church. This began to occur even in the first century, it gained momentum from 2nd/3rd centuries onward and was in full swing during the 'dark ages' when the christian church behaved like a ravenous wolf as it ruled over the lives of people and became responsible for the blood of the innocent.
2Thess 2:3 Let no one seduce YOU in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction.
Matthew 7:15 “Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves
Acts 20:29 I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among YOU and will not treat the flock with tenderness
2 John 7 For many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist

Devils influence on earth would be felt and cause much suffering
Revelation 12:9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. ...Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.
Fulfilled in 1914. Bible chronolgy marks the year 1914 as the end of the 'times of the gentiles'...this was the start of the 'last days'

The 'last days' would be a difficult time, causing and erosion of moral values and attitudes as Paul described:
2Timothy 3:1 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.
Fulfilled since we entered the 'last days' as is seen by the attitudes of people and in the behaviors of many.

Last edited:

Twig pentagram

High Priest
there are sooooo many. I'll point out a few from the Greek scriptures which have been fulfilled:

Matthew 24:24 Departing now, Jesus was on his way from the temple, but his disciples approached to show him the buildings of the temple. 2 In response he said to them: “Do YOU not behold all these things? Truly I say to YOU, By no means will a stone be left here upon a stone and not be thrown down.”
Fulfilled in 70CE when Rome destroyed the Temple in Jerusalem.

Luke 19:43 Because the days will come upon you when your enemies will build around you a fortification with pointed stakes and will encircle you and distress you from every side
Fullfilled in 70CE when the roman soldiers built a wall of stakes around the outside of the walls of Jerusalem to prevent those inside from escaping.

Matthew 24:15 “Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,) 16 then let those in Ju‧de′a begin fleeing to the mountains
Fulfilled with Cestus Galus came into Jerusalem's temple in 66CE and erected the Roman flag in the middle of the temple. The christians fled the city at this time in obedience to Jesus words.

An apostasy would develop in Christs church. This began to occur even in the first century, it gained momentum from 2nd/3rd centuries onward and was in full swing during the 'dark ages' when the christian church behaved like a ravenous wolf as it ruled over the lives of people and became responsible for the blood of the innocent.
2Thess 2:3 Let no one seduce YOU in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction.
Matthew 7:15 “Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves
Acts 20:29 I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among YOU and will not treat the flock with tenderness
2 John 7 For many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist

Revelation 12:9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. ...Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.
Fulfilled in 1914. Bible chronolgy marks the year 1914 as the end of the 'times of the gentiles'...this was the start of the 'last days'

The 'last days' would be a difficult time, causing and erosion of moral values and attitudes as Paul described:
2Timothy 3:1 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.
Fulfilled since we entered the 'last days' as is seen by the attitudes of people and in the behaviors of many.
Surprisingly, I agree with you on a couple of those prophecies. IMO The others leave
room for doubt.

mr black

Read it and weep my friends.

Quote:
Mark 13:8
Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines.

Fulfilled!! :D
You mean history repeats?

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username

I will first reply those that have obvious answers to be discarded. The rest I´ll take me time to instruct myself further:

So, basically, there are 2 predictions here, none of them needing supernatural powers to be foreseen:

1- "something" unholy will happen in "some" "holy" place. That will make people flee.

answer: It´s incredibly vague. I am sure that sntence has been fulfilled many times through history, mainly because it is to broad.

FURTHERMORE, it was done BECAUSE of the prophesy. People flee in OBEDIENCE. This means it´s even likely that the one who put the flag did so because he knew people would flee such. This wouldn´t be due to Jesus supernatural owers, but do to the enemy´s audacity.

2-There will "wolves", "false" prophets, people that will want others to stray from the past

answer: WHEN in HISTORY have this people no existed? Hell, if I made a religion today, I can SURELY "prophetize" that there will be people who will take my words and twist them in ways I never intended. It has happened with EVERY religion. You don´t need supernatural powers to expect that.

I saw no evidence that devils had come to us.

All those negative charactteristics you listed have existed throughout human history. The bolded part is on the otherside, downright contrary to correct. Today there is much less war than in the ancietn times, also, the % of worldwide poberty is critically lower. This didn´t happen magically, this happened because collectively, humans actually gave a *** about their brothers. Yes, there is still poberty, and ther eis still indiference, but we can downright see that it is far less than before.

As said, all the other quealities you speak of, you only think they are new because you haven´t lived millenia. They have always been part of human nature. They had never not be.

Now, for the first ones, I´ll look up.

I believe in the prophetic power of Jesus, what I don´t believe is in infalibility of every "prophet" of the bible. In any case, I´ll look into it.

If you find better evidence to prove prophet´s power, by all means keep posting, cause those I just debunked are... well, debunked.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I believe in the prophetic power of Jesus, what I don´t believe is in infalibility of every "prophet" of the bible. In any case, I´ll look into it.

If you find better evidence to prove prophet´s power, by all means keep posting, cause those I just debunked are... well, debunked.

im glad you are going to look into them

bible prophecy deserves a little time and attention.

Me Myself

Back to my username
im glad you are going to look into them

bible prophecy deserves a little time and attention.

no answer to the rest?

Because those were arguments on how those are "prophecies" in any sense that would be deem as evidence for the bible being the literaly word of God.

I also as said, encourage you to put other prophecies you have seen in the bible, as most you put there are not really convinsing at all when looked at objectively.

Unless of course, you deem Nostradamus a prophet.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
no answer to the rest?

Because those were arguments on how those are "prophecies" in any sense that would be deem as evidence for the bible being the literaly word of God.

im not going to argue over them...they are what they are and we either look for fulfillment of them or we reject them. The choice is ours to make by using our powers of reasoning.

If your powers of reasoning tell you that they are not prophecies and have no fullfillment, then im ok with that.

I also as said, encourage you to put other prophecies you have seen in the bible, as most you put there are not really convinsing at all when looked at objectively.

Unless of course, you deem Nostradamus a prophet.

i dont believe Nostradamus was a prophet, no. I think he made a lot of very general predictions that could be applied to many different scenarios.

Me Myself

Back to my username
i dont believe Nostradamus was a prophet, no. I think he made a lot of very general predictions that could be applied to many different scenarios.

Then you understand the comparison I make to the prophsies of the bible that are the same.

Besides prophecies from Jesus, which predictions in the bible are not general ones?