• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophecies by Yeshua that Have Come True

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
  • That Israel was divorced due to the fulfillment of Zechariah 11; thus cast out from the nation.
  • That the second temple was destroyed, because of him being ignored.
  • That there will be false teachers after him, that will corrupt what he taught (Paul).
  • That there will be false teachers claiming to be him, using the term 'I Am', which will deceive many (false gospel of John, Paul on the road to Damascus, Revelations first & last chapter).
  • That Simon was a stumbling stone (petros), who would be used by satan.
  • That they will teach you get free inheritance from his death; yet receive condemnation instead.
  • That his words shall remain.
  • That people have been chastised for following his teachings by the synagogues/churches.
  • That the gospel shall be preached to the whole world, as a testimony against them.
  • That his church would be established by Simon the stone (petros).
  • His betrayal, manner of his death, and resurrection.
What other prophecies by Yeshua within the synoptic gospels have come true? :innocent:

wizanda

Premium Member
The completion of Matthew is generally accepted to post-date the 70AD destruction of the temple is it not? This makes it difficult to claim as a prophecy.
We know of the text from that date, it doesn't mean it wasn't written before then.... Yet you do have a valid point if it was all written after.

Though if it was all made to fit by that date, it leaves holes in the argument:
  • There is a unified character of Yeshua within the synoptic gospels, that is highly intelligent interlinking prophecies together across the Tanakh.
  • The prophecies of Yeshua go against the Christian church which established these books.
  • The 2nd temple destruction is prophesied exactly the same within the Tanakh, as saying Zechariah 11, plus other places.
  • Why establish an ideology that goes against Judaism, Christianity, and many people still don't comprehend.
  • + more..... :innocent:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

• That there will be false teachers after him, that will corrupt what he taught (Paul).
  • That there will be false teachers claiming to be him, using the term 'I Am', which will deceive many (false gospel of John, Paul on the road to Damascus, Revelations first & last chapter).
  • :innocent:
I am sorry that it comes down to speaking up for Paul. That people make him a false teacher by misinterpreting his words does not make HIM a false teacher. It is almost as though you expect teachers to be perfect. They are not.

I don't know about John.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Matthew 24:11 I shall consider a prophesy about the real antichrist. There is only one. I do not know when it arrived but it is still with you.
The antichrist has supplanted the living Christ. People obey it instead of The Lord. People pay attention to it instead of to The Lord.
It is not opposed to The Lord. People who say demons are not free of The Lord are telling you the truth, I think. Demons are nothing compared to the real antichrist. The antichrist can lead the children of God away from God. Demons can not do that.

Sultan Of Swing

The completion of Matthew is generally accepted to post-date the 70AD destruction of the temple is it not? This makes it difficult to claim as a prophecy.
Isn't Matthew seen as post-70AD largely because of the prophecy regarding the destruction of the Temple, as the scholars presuppose that a supernatural explanation of the prophecy simply isn't possible?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know scholarly people know that anti does not mean opposed to but means instead of. What do we have instead of The Lord? It is an easy question but it is a hard answer.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I am sorry that it comes down to speaking up for Paul. That people make him a false teacher by misinterpreting his words does not make HIM a false teacher. It is almost as though you expect teachers to be perfect. They are not.
People read Paul's works without asking themselves questions about his teachings. They accept them as they are. When I read Paul, I acknowledge that lots of things are true and Christian-like. But many things sound anti-Christian to me, and some of them, even devilish.
A modern Catholic bishop (that I admire much) said once: "Jesus has destroyed the divine, because he announced that the human is the divine" He means that Jesus showed us that the divine is our humanity and our duty is not to stain it, but to keep it divine. In other words: no external powerful God can ever save us. But our salvation is our little creation.
Paul said the contrary: he insulted the human nature, by calling it sinful and doomed to evil. And he said that only an external God can save men.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
People read Paul's works without asking themselves questions about his teachings. They accept them as they are. When I read Paul, I acknowledge that lots of things are true and Christian-like. But many things sound anti-Christian to me, and some of them, even devilish.
A modern Catholic bishop (that I admire much) said once: "Jesus has destroyed the divine, because he announced that the human is the divine" He means that Jesus showed us that the divine is our humanity and our duty is not to stain it, but to keep it divine. In other words: no external powerful God can ever us. But our salvation is our little creation.
Paul said the contrary: he insulted the human nature, by calling it sinful and doomed to evil. And that only an external God can save men.
I did not learn from Paul that "only an external God can save mankind".

I think you left out the word, 'saved'. "In other words: no external powerful God can ever us."

Isn't Matthew seen as post-70AD largely because of the prophecy regarding the destruction of the Temple, as the scholars presuppose that a supernatural explanation of the prophecy simply isn't possible?

Interesting point. I'm not really sure to be honest.

I would imagine it is based on slightly more than that, but stand to be corrected.

wizanda

Premium Member
Judaism does not accept the teachings of ''Yeshua''. You seem to be implying that it does?
Was implying if the teachings of Yeshua were made up by Jewish authors, why make it up to go against the Jews. ;)
That people make him a false teacher by misinterpreting his words does not make HIM a false teacher.
True, yet when Paul contradicts Yeshua on well over 36 points, and is recognized by multiple theologians to be Anti-Christ's teachings...

Thus though he says some good things, he goes against Yeshua, and corrupts his message. :innocent:
What do we have instead of The Lord?
We have Christianity established by the made up gospel of John, the letters of Paul, and heavily influenced by Simon the stone (petros). :eek:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
True, yet when Paul contradicts Yeshua on well over 36 points, and is recognized by multiple theologians to be Anti-Christ's teachings...

Thus though he says some good things, he goes against Yeshua, and corrupts his message. :innocent:
And that is you assuming you know the message of Christ better than Paul does. Might I suggest James 4:10 ?

We have Christianity established by the made up gospel of John, the letters of Paul, and heavily influenced by Simon the stone (petros). :eek:
I do not think that is the right answer. What does Christianity have that is GREAT but isn't many and they obey it?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I did not learn from Paul that "only an external God can save mankind".
I think you left out the word, 'saved'. "In other words: no external powerful God can ever us."

Thanks for correcting me. But I think that Paul was clear: only believing in Jesus's sacrifice is the key to attain salvation. This implies that something external "decides" to save you because you had faith. It's an irrational mechanism.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Someone might say that the antichrist is said to DO things and the Bible can't do anything like they say the antichrist can do. That this correct.
But, if you listen to and obey the word it usually proves to be instead of The Word. To listen to the spirit of freedom is to stand against the antichrist.
The Bible isn't the spirit of freedom. It is laughable that anyone would think so.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thanks for correcting me. But I think that Paul was clear: only believing in Jesus's sacrifice is the key to attain salvation. This implies that something external "decides" to save you because you had faith. It's an irrational mechanism.
I am not a theologian so I do not know about that.
I do disagree that anyone can attain salvation. It is a free gift. The important thing to me is how the holy ones of God know me.

wizanda

Premium Member
And that is you assuming you know the message of Christ better than Paul does.
Paul never met Yeshua, contradicts numerous teachings of his, goes against the Tanakh, etc, and I'm not the only one saying it, posted the list of numerous award winning theologians who've also recognized it. :oops:
What does Christianity have that is GREAT but isn't many and they obey it?
Don't know, you tell me what you think it is.... :confused:
This is actually arbitrary.
This was in reply, and based on the question made sense; now you're taking it out of any context, and redirecting it. :rolleyes:

It was based on Yeshua not even existing, and the whole text being made up; which then begs the question, why and for what cause.
That's just wild.
It's not wild; it is taught in theology. :confused:
The 'stone', may not even be referring to Peter.
Petros (peter) means a stone, a small pebble.
only believing in Jesus's sacrifice is the key to attain salvation.
It is also the gospel of John, and Simon the stone (petros) that are responsible for these teachings, and they've originated due to Pharisaic oral traditions. ;)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Paul never met Yeshua, contradicts numerous teachings of his, goes against the Tanakh, etc, and I'm not the only one saying it, posted the list of numerous award winning theologians who've also recognized it. :oops:
Maybe you missed this one. John 15:19

Don't know, you tell me what you think it is.... :confused:
;)
The Bible.

arthra

Baha'i
Of course a lot of the material was verbal before being set down to writing and later compiled. But personally I think the part about one stone not being on top of another could be a prophecy..in Matthew 24:2

And Jesus said to them, See ye not all these things? verily I say to you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

I don't think the Temple was a favorite since He drove the money changers out.