• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Propaganda, who is the bad guy?

Ellen Brown

Unfortunately, Islam is very organized.

Is China suppressing free speech in the West?

Oh geeze, give it a rest. They are very busy killing each other off. Lots of Muslim immigrants just want to get away from the nutters, though I would send the radicals back to the desert for sure.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Oh geeze, give it a rest. They are very busy killing each other off. Lots of Muslim immigrants just want to get away from the nutters, though I would send the radicals back to the desert for sure.

I wish we could give it a rest but Islam never rests.

Ellen Brown

I wish we could give it a rest but Islam never rests.

I converted to Islam in 2005, largely out of my frustration and disillusionment with Evangelical Christianity. I still can't make peace with the Christian "Doctrine of the Masses", served up like so much slop at summer camp. As to Islam not resting, Christianity would be much more appealing if they just followed the doctrine of The Christ as much as possible. Four relatively short letters shouldn't be that hard should it? How would he recieve your hatred of Muslims?

Notanumber

A Free Man
I converted to Islam in 2005, largely out of my frustration and disillusionment with Evangelical Christianity. I still can't make peace with the Christian "Doctrine of the Masses", served up like so much slop at summer camp. As to Islam not resting, Christianity would be much more appealing if they just followed the doctrine of The Christ as much as possible. Four relatively short letters shouldn't be that hard should it? How would he recieve your hatred of Muslims?

I do not hate Muslims but I do hate that they are being taught to hate me.

I have no horse in the race of religions being an atheist.

Notanumber

A Free Man
For Chinese nationals here, yes.
It's also dictating behavior of companies wanting
to do business in China, eg, Apple & Google.
And they're only getting started.

The West seems to think that what China is doing is a good idea and one that we should follow.

It avoids the need to answer awkward questions and helps promote diversity if people are not allowed to question what the state is doing without our consent.

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/8/1/17638978/google-china-free-speech-censor-search-engine

The rot has already set in here in the UK.

Can we talk about Islam without being accused of a hate crime?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Sure.
I don't recall ever being accused of that, despite my frequent criticism of
some flavors of Islam. Perhaps I'm above criticism because I'm so pretty, eh?

If only we British had the equivalent of the First Amendment, we might be able to do the same.

You don’t need to be ugly to be punished for saying the wrong thing over here.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If only we British had the equivalent of the First Amendment, we might be able to do the same.

You don’t need to be ugly to be punished for saying the wrong thing over here.
Makes me glad we whopped their arsches in won the revolution.

Ellen Brown

The West seems to think that what China is doing is a good idea and one that we should follow.

It avoids the need to answer awkward questions and helps promote diversity if people are not allowed to question what the state is doing without our consent.

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/8/1/17638978/google-china-free-speech-censor-search-engine

The rot has already set in here in the UK.

Can we talk about Islam without being accused of a hate crime?

Perhaps if we could not use hate speech? From here, across the pond from the UK, it seems that the Government was too liberal about allowing radical islamists in, perhaps due to the involvement with the EU ??? I have some friends over there, and it seems that those blokes have been allowed to run amok. Not being there, I can not verify the stories I hear about radicals sort of taking over neighborhoods. I don't think that Americans and their Police are as kind and some of them would be deported perhaps? There is one, very radical Mosque near me, and their leader has lost his American Citizenship. That means, I think he has to commute back and forth between here and Somalia. More than a decade ago I was thrown out of that Mosque, essentially for not being radical enough.

I'm very mild as a Muslim, and open to anyone practicing what they want. No one would assume me to be a 'good' Muslim.

Sadly, I know a very sweet Indian Muslim family near Leicester who seem to be feeling some of the backlash. They are both 'born in the UK' and she is a Hijabi, though I do not know IF he practices.

I often wonder if the folk in the UK and wider Europe suffer from a sort of cultural PTSD due to living through two world wars. America is privileged to not have fought out a war on its own soil.