• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

proof

King Phenomenon

Do you think the question of how we got here and how it'll all end can be answered without proof or are you the kind of person that would need proof to believe an answer to those questions?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Do you think the question of how we got here and how it'll all end can be answered without proof or are you the kind of person that would need proof to believe an answer to those questions?

I don't think it really matters how or why. We are, and that's all we have to deal with. Just be.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Science does not deal in proof.

It does deal in hypothesis and theory.

A hypothesis is an explanation made with limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

A theory is supported by a quantity of complimentary evidence and repeatability

What caused the big bang is a hypothesis (or many hypothesis) based on either observations of current conditions and extrapolated backwards or mathematics.
The big bang itsef is an accepted theory with at least 2 lots of measurable evidence to bsck it up

Abiogenesis is a hypothesis based on environmental evidence.
Evolution is a theory backed up by evidence through several different disciplines of science.

And now the end.
There are several hypothesis of how it will all end. Personally i go for the heat death of the universe though life will be long gone when that happens

F1fan

Veteran Member
There are fact-based answers already. We see many theists holding on to obsolete, ancient stories and find themselves lost and conflicted between what feels good emotionally, to what is correct. This is a problem for theists only.

King Phenomenon

Science does not deal in proof.

It does deal in hypothesis and theory.

A hypothesis is an explanation made with limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

A theory is supported by a quantity of complimentary evidence and repeatability

What caused the big bang is a hypothesis (or many hypothesis) based on either observations of current conditions and extrapolated backwards or mathematics.
The big bang itsef is an accepted theory with at least 2 lots of measurable evidence to bsck it up

Abiogenesis is a hypothesis based on environmental evidence.
Evolution is a theory backed up by evidence through several different disciplines of science.

And now the end.
There are several hypothesis of how it will all end. Personally i go for the heat death of the universe though life will be long gone when that happens
proof smoof haha

King Phenomenon

There are fact-based answers already. We see many theists holding on to obsolete, ancient stories and find themselves lost and conflicted between what feels good emotionally, to what is correct. This is a problem for theists only.
no prob here

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
For me it's enough if I "know" the answers to those questions before I "die".

muhammad_isa

I need proof.
I'm satisfied that I have it. :)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I don't expect it to be answered.