• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof that dinosaurs and humans existed on earth at the same time

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It kinda blows my atheist mind, but there is evidence that humans and dinosaurs have co-existed at the same time. And no, I don't mean 'Jurassic Park'. That particular documentary has been totally discredited, and I suspect some of the scientists were actually just paid actors.
Read here in case you really need to see why Jurassic Park was actually fake, but it's a boring read...
(https://www.questia.com/library/journal/1G1-348996912/jurassic-park-dna-premise-debunked)

Anyways, on to the main event...evidence dinosaurs exist at the same time as humans...

tumblr_mv01t0fLIc1sdvycyo1_500.jpg

I felt compelled to share this, as a community service.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
OMG Somebody found Spike!!! Looking for that ******* for ages now. Ran away in the last thunderstorm, poor guy. Bad home? Nah son, he just likes biting things.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
OMG Somebody found Spike!!! Looking for that ******* for ages now. Ran away in the last thunderstorm, poor guy. Bad home? Nah son, he just likes biting things.

This is where the pedantic side of me wants to point out the picture and description on the FOUND sign applies more to a Deinonychus than a Velociraptor, right? You haven't been trying to pass off your Deinonychus as a Velociraptor so you can win breeding prizes or something, have you? Shame on you.

Skwim

Veteran Member
It kinda blows my atheist mind, but there is evidence that humans and dinosaurs have co-existed at the same time. And no, I don't mean 'Jurassic Park'. That particular documentary has been totally discredited, and I suspect some of the scientists were actually just paid actors.
Read here in case you really need to see why Jurassic Park was actually fake, but it's a boring read...
(https://www.questia.com/library/journal/1G1-348996912/jurassic-park-dna-premise-debunked)

Anyways, on to the main event...evidence dinosaurs exist at the same time as humans...

tumblr_mv01t0fLIc1sdvycyo1_500.jpg

I felt compelled to share this, as a community service.
Five feet tall? I don't think so.

MTM1MDY3NjA5OQ==
It's more likely a deinonychus that's on the loose.
dinobump.gif

DEINONYCHUS

Pronunciation: dye-NON-ik-us
Translation: Terrible Claw
Also known as:
Description: Carnivore, Bipedal
Order: Saurischia
Suborder: Theropoda
Infraorder: Tetanurae
Micro-order: Maniraptora (of the microorder Coelurosauria)
Family: Dromaeosauridae
Height: 5 feet (1.5 meters)
Length: 9 feet (2.7 meters)
Weight: 175 lbs (79.4 kg)
Period: Early Cretaceous
deinonychus_a.gif

Notes: The discovery of this dinosaur in Montana in 1964 drastically altered the traditional view of dinosaurs as sluggish, slow-moving reptiles. Deinonychus was obviously built for speedy pursuit of its prey. Among other things, it had special interlocking vertebrae that allowed its tail to stiffen for balance while running. Excellent eyesight, sharp, serrated teeth that curve backwards for slicing, and the namesake 5-inch (13 cm) long, knife-like claws on each foot make Deinonychus a fearsome hunter. Five specimens were found together, leading to the theory that Deinonychus hunted in packs.
Although the mistake isn't uncommon considering how similar they look.
deinonychus_antirrhopus.gif

Deinonychus
velociraptor_mongoliensis.gif

Veloceraptor

Last edited:

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This is where the pedantic side of me wants to point out the picture and description on the FOUND sign applies more to a Deinonychus than a Velociraptor, right? You haven't been trying to pass off your Deinonychus as a Velociraptor so you can win breeding prizes or something, have you? Shame on you.
Worse, the poor thing clearly has a neglected illness if it's wrist bones are misshapen and it's feathers fell out. :(

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Heh...see my earlier post to @SomeRandom

Seems like Veloicraptor was a cooler sounding name, so they used the name of one dinosaur, the common interpretation of dinosaur as a lizard looking thing, added some evilness, and plonked it all on top of the Deinonychus.
Honestly, the poor old Deinonychus should fire it's agent.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Sir, I resoundingly reject your hurtful implication. I love Spike and his breeding priz- er I mean his company. And clearly he is a Velociraptor. Don't you go reporting me now.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You do know don't you that calling birds "dinosaurs" is like calling humans "lizards."

fishface.jpg

Not that this may still not be true,

20130620-185321.jpg
Humans descended from extinct 'lizards' but aren't lizards. Birds did however descend from dinosaurs and still are dinosaurs. So it's more like saying humans are primates. Dinosaur is an umbrella which includes avians.

The scientific consensus is that birds are a group of theropod dinosaurs that evolved during the Mesozoic Era.
Origin of birds - Wikipedia

Further:
Why are Birds Dinosaurs?

The Holy Bottom Burp

You do know don't you that calling birds "dinosaurs" is like calling humans "lizards."

20130620-185321.jpg

Hey, now hold on, this thing is the missing link between lizards and man, it could blow science and religion wide open. How long have you been sitting on this dude? It's f*ck*ng dynamite (enough asterisks not to get me banned right?)

Birds did however descend from dinosaurs and still are dinosaurs. So it's more like saying humans are primates. Dinosaur is an umbrella which includes avians.

Sure, sounds like someone has been fooled by a dude in a costume.

Skwim

Veteran Member
If you two turn my joke thread into a serious scientific discussion, I am going to spam your inboxes with naked pictures of @Revoltingest
Just one shot. PLEASE. :praying:

Humans descended from extinct 'lizards' but aren't lizards. Birds did however descend from dinosaurs and still are dinosaurs. So it's more like saying humans are primates.
Nah. Gotta put more distance between humans and one of their ancestral forms. Humans are still regarded as primates (their order). The orders of birds are a bit more numerous, consisting of the Passeriformes, Ciconiiformes, Struthioniformes, and twenty others. None of them designating dinosaurs. The split between dinosaurs and birds occurred when Confuciusornithidae made its debut in the early Cretaceous. So, looking at human ancestors we should go back equally as far: 145 Ma to 100 Ma. Here we find the precursor to humans to be a small, probably insectivores about five inches long and weighing around an ounce. Admittedly, citing reptiles as our ancestors requires going back a lot further, to about 310 to 275 million years ago, but it sounded good. ;)

Dinosaur is an umbrella which includes avians.
In whose taxonomy? BTW, from your link Why are Birds Dinosaurs? we find:

"Birds are dinosaurs. We’ve all heard this. But does that phrase make any sense? Not really."

However, the author, Patrick, goes on to contradict himself---truly sloppy writing---saying birds are dinosaurs. Whaaa? Well reading further we discover his logic, which, screwy as it is, allows us to regard humans as Scansorians---those small rat-like mammals---ancestors of humans---that lived 145 Ma to 100 Ma ago. Want to claim that birds are dinosaurs? Then we can equally claim humans are small rat-like mammals.

Last edited:
The split between dinosaurs and birds occurred when Confuciusornithidae made its debut in the early Cretaceous

Cracking debut too, scored a hat-trick including an audacious lob of the keeper from 60 cubits out.

The dinosaurs didn't take it too well though as they claimed he was offside. They decided they didn't want to play against cheats and stomped off taking their ball home with them.

Kept to their own kind after that.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Cracking debut too, scored a hat-trick including an audacious lob of the keeper from 60 cubits out.

The dinosaurs didn't take it too well though as they claimed he was offside. They decided they didn't want to play against cheats and stomped off taking their ball home with them.

Kept to their own kind after that.

No wonder the dinosaurs became extinct. Everyone knows soccer players are soft. One little meteor, and they rolled around on the ground like their legs were broken, looking for a red card.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Just one shot. PLEASE. :praying:

Nah. Gotta put more distance between humans and one of their ancestral forms. Humans are still regarded as primates (their order). The orders of birds are a bit more numerous, consisting of the Passeriformes, Ciconiiformes, Struthioniformes, and twenty others. None of them designating dinosaurs. The split between dinosaurs and birds occurred when Confuciusornithidae made its debut in the early Cretaceous. So, looking at human ancestors we should go back equally as far: 145 Ma to 100 Ma. Here we find the precursor to humans to be a small, probably insectivores about five inches long and weighing around an ounce. Admittedly, citing reptiles as our ancestors requires going back a lot further, to about 310 to 275 million years ago, but it sounded good. ;)

In whose taxonomy? BTW, from your link Why are Birds Dinosaurs? we find:

"Birds are dinosaurs. We’ve all heard this. But does that phrase make any sense? Not really."

However, the author, Patrick, goes on to contradict himself---truly sloppy writing---saying birds are dinosaurs. Whaaa? Well reading further we discover his logic, which, screwy as it is, allows us to regard humans as Scansorians---those small rat-like mammals---ancestors of humans---that lived 145 Ma to 100 Ma ago. Want to claim that birds are dinosaurs? Then we equally claim humans are small rat-like mammals.

Alright, my turn to make the last shot.

Wow! That's some selective quoting. He explains why it doesn't seem to make sense but why, in cladistics it does.
bird are dinosaurs not just because they evolved from dinosaurs, but because they are more closely related to some of the extinct dinosaurs than those dinosaurs are to each other! So next time that someone tells you that dinosaurs are extinct, you can tell them that, actually, there are probably more species of dinosaur alive today than there were in the Mesozoic
Look at the chart, tyrannosaur and other theropod dinosaurs are closer related to birds than they are to other dinosaurs including ceratopsids. So calling birds dinosaurs is in no way like calling humans scanosaurians.

Are you a BANDit? Or perhaps only use an outdated linnean model? Because, seriously, it is scientific consensus that birds not only descended from dinosaurs but are dinosaurs, and has been for a while now.

Here's the wiki derived link from my earlier post:
‘Dinosaurs Among Us’ Retraces an Evolutionary Path
Wiki first line on birds:
Birds (Aves), a subgroup of reptiles, are the last living dinosaurs.
Bird - Wikipedia
And it's source:
Higher-order phylogeny of modern birds (Theropoda, Aves: Neornithes) based on comparative anatomy. II. Analysis and discussion

And some humorous ones, as this is the joke section.
birds_and_dinosaurs_2x.png

xkcd: Birds and Dinosaurs
I just saw somethin. Stephen Czerkas and Alan...
Are Birds Really Dinosaurs?
http://io9.gizmodo.com/lets-try-to-settle-this-are-birds-dinosaurs-1637830801

Last edited: