• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof of the Torah

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
I would also beg to differ with the OP.

"Also archeology shows that some events in the Torah probably where partially based on fact and others where not."
Did Torah never claimed that it was a text-book of science? or a text-book of history? Please

To add to the above:

Is there proof that any event that is claimed to have happened in the times of Torah, by the eulogizers of science ( not claimed by science) in the times of Torah having actually happened?

The OP or those supporting OP's stance, in the first place to reflect on the above, please.
Others also not forbidden to comment, however. Please
Regards

The scientific method did not exist yet.

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
So discussion on that period of Bible is not relevant to science. Right? Please
Regards

Okay I'm starting to think your a troll.

Hey kids science didn't exist when dinosaurs did, I guess their not in the realm of science then huck huck.

facepalm.jpg

Come on..... Really?

This has to be some kind of joke....

Sakeenah

So how do Muslims view the story of Jacob and Esau?

Sorry for my late reply!
The Quran mentions Abraham,Ishmael,Jacob,Isaac,the twelve tribes, the story of Jacob's son Joseph but it doesn't mention Esau. Esau is mentioned in the Qisas al anbiyaa (stories of the prophets)written by Muslim historians. Most of what we know about the story of Jacob and Esau is taken from the Israliyat. Israliyat is the body of narratives originating from Jewish and Christian traditions.

Israliyat wiki page:
Isra'iliyyat - Wikipedia

Story of Jacob and Esau:
Story of Ya'qub (Jacob), The - SunnahOnline.com

Story of Prophet Jacob - The Religion of Islam

Last edited: