• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof of the diety of Jesus?

arthra

Baha'i
I'd offer a few observations... It's true there are few records of Jesus however there are significant reasons for this..

(1) Jerusalem was destroyed around 71 CE and so not only would records of Jesus been destroyed but records of most His contemporaries..
(2) was the diaspora or exile of Jews from Judea
(3) The transformation of Jerusalem into a pagan city Aelia Capitolina after the destruction of Jerusalem mentioned above
(4) The Nazoreans or early Jewish Christians were between two powerful forces that were antagonistic to them... a. most Jews were unfriendly and hostile to them and b. Hellenistic Christians didn't trust them. The later triumph of Greek speaking Christians who feared "Judaizers" those Christians who continued Jewish customs and laws was also a factor.
(5) The original language of Jesus and His followers was Aramaic which was later translated into Koine Greek, Coptic and that translation I believe created further misunderstandings. The work of George Lamsa Aramaic scholar should be consulted.

As an overview compare say what we have of the "history" of Apollonius of Tyana and Jesus. Jesus actually has a wider base of fragments in a variety of places and various languages while Apollonius is mostly from one author Philostratus, this should tell us that there is likely more veracity than some would suggest in the story of Jesus.

I would also recommend the Jesus Seminar:

Jesus Seminar Forum - Home Page

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Thank you for that.I will look at the Jesus seminar that's interesting.
Jesus Seminar is fascinating. I don't buy all their conclusions and think that they had an agenda. But Crossan and Co were smart and knew what they were talking about.
Tom

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Pretending to know something you don't.
No, not even close.
And your comment boarders close to an insult to religious persons.
I'm not the least offended by mere electrons on a screen but others might not be
as thick skinned, secure in beliefs, and tolerant as I am.:hugehug:

Last edited:
No, not even close.
And your comment boarders close to an insult to religious persons.
I'm not the least offended by mere electrons on a screen but others might not be
as thick skinned, secure in beliefs, and tolerant as I am.:hugehug:

I'm glad that you're not insulted enough to take time to reply, but what's your point?

Last edited: