• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof of Islam?

Hello,

I am interested in finding out why Muslims believe Islam is the right religion, and discussing these points.
Alternatively, non-Muslims who have an idea as to why Muslims have this belief.

There are almost 2 billion Muslims, so there must be a reason they believe, however I have searched many different places and can’t find a reason I can accept.

Any reasons welcome, but especially if anyone has reasons which are more uncommon, as I have looked at the more common ones already.

This is coming from a Christian standpoint.

Thank you.
islam is the last remainders of the moon cult of ancient babylon

Muslims pray the same way the Babylons did with Nebuchadnezzar, its in the bible

buldinf-beusdf.jpg

3bdb3fb8c91a8f9b263d5eb3838eec33.jpg

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Great post! I was born into the Tribe and the things I believe seem to be a regional tradition even before Islam reached the people. I elaborated and continued out of my own interest and incorporated many elements from as many tribes as I could find.

Now I've got my turkey butt headress, my Celtic serpent bracelet, and my international lack of pants to represent my belonging to the tribe of Mankind, and simultaneously finding that Universalism only alienates one from separatists of every color, creed, and length.
The very best of luck as you travel the Great Road!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hello,

I am interested in finding out why Muslims believe Islam is the right religion, and discussing these points.
Alternatively, non-Muslims who have an idea as to why Muslims have this belief.

There are almost 2 billion Muslims, so there must be a reason they believe, however I have searched many different places and can’t find a reason I can accept.

Any reasons welcome, but especially if anyone has reasons which are more uncommon, as I have looked at the more common ones already.

This is coming from a Christian standpoint.

Thank you.

The problem arises if you prove the need of Prophets and Messengers, how do you prove your particular Prophet or Messengers are right to claim.

From what I understand the Quran has proven religion in two ways:

The Archetype Religion
The Specific instance of it

And in fact, these, can prove each other. You can get to one from the other.

You can also make the following derivation:

The concept of Ahlulbayt is proven in Quran a long with God's revelation as an archetype.
If not Mohammad's Ahlulbayt, a different Ahulbayt would be needed, if not Quran of Mohammad, a different Quran would be needed.

The problem arises, how you specifically know Mohammad (s) is true or his Ahlulbayt are the Ahlulbayt of time.

There is four ways to approach:

1. By understanding the Archetype guidance and that Mohammad and his family are best suited for it and that no other guidance is suited to be God's guidance but Quran and Ahlulbayt.
Or
2. Specifically witnessing miracle nature of Quran and hence knowing it's miraculous nature especially in how it iterates itself and bring itself into new levels of wonders with more knowledge gained from it and Ahlulbayt's way in guiding with respect to it and how they open up it's wonders.
3. By looking towards the inward kingdom and sky of this world, and seeing the holy lights that guide and help against the dark magic (you will know who they are by that).
4. By requesting to meet with the leader of our time from God knowing there has to be one, and he will show you miracles and guide you.

As for one, the Quran argues, there would be a family of the reminder no matter what, so seek them out if you don't know and ask them and you will find them guiding and majestic in guidance.

islam is the last remainders of the moon cult of ancient babylon

Muslims pray the same way the Babylons did with Nebuchadnezzar, its in the bible
"
And of His signs are the night and day and the sun and moon. Do not prostrate to the sun or to the moon, but prostate to Allah , who created them, if it should be Him that you worship. "

"
Say: "Shall we indeed call on others besides Allah,- things that can do us neither good nor harm,- and turn on our heels after receiving guidance from Allah? - like one whom the evil ones have made into a fool, wandering bewildered through the earth, his friends calling, come to us', (vainly) guiding him to the path." Say: "Allah's guidance is the (only) guidance, and we have been directed to submit ourselves to the Lord of the worlds;-
To establish regular prayers and to fear Allah: for it is to Him that we shall be gathered together."
He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in truth. In the day when He saith: Be! it is. His Word is the Truth/Reality/Haqq, and His will be the Sovereignty on the day when the trumpet is blown. Knower of the Invisible and the Visible, He is the Wise, the Aware.

And [mention, O Muhammad], when Abraham said to his father Azar, "Do you take idols as deities? Indeed, I see you and your people to be in manifest error."

Thus did We show Abraham the kingdom of the heavens and the earth that he might be of those possessing certainty:

When it became dark at night, he (Abraham) saw a star and said, "This is my lord." But when it disappeared, he said, "I do not love those who fade away".
When he saw the moon rising up, he said: "This is my lord." But when it set, he said: "Unless my Lord guides me, I shall surely be among the erring people."
When he saw the rising sun, he said, "This is my Lord for it is greater (than the others)." But when this too faded away, (Abraham) said, "My people, I disavow whatever you consider equal to God.
Indeed, I have turned my face toward He who created the heavens and the earth, inclining toward truth, and I am not of those who associate others with Allah."

And his people argued with him. He said, "Do you argue with me concerning Allah while He has guided me? And I fear not what you associate with Him [and will not be harmed] unless my Lord should will something. My Lord encompasses all things in knowledge; then will you not remember?
And how should I fear what you associate while you do not fear that you have associated with Allah that for which He has not sent down to you any authority? So which of the two parties has more right to security, if you should know?
They who believe and do not mix their belief with injustice - those will have security, and they are [rightly] guided.

And that was Our [conclusive] argument which We gave Abraham against his people. We raise by degrees whom We will. Indeed, your Lord is Wise and Knowing.

And We gave to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - all [of them] We guided. And Noah, We guided before; and among his descendants, David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the doers of good.
And Zechariah and John and Jesus and Elias - and all were of the righteous
And Ismail and Al-Yasha and Yunus and Lut; and every one We made to excel (in) the worlds:
And [some] among their fathers and their descendants and their brothers - and We chose them and We guided them to a straight path.
Such is the guidance of Allah wherewith He guideth whom He will of His bondmen. But if they had set up (for worship) aught beside Him, (all) that they did would have been vain.

Those are the ones to whom We gave the Scripture and authority and prophethood. But if the disbelievers deny it, then We have entrusted it to a people who are not therein disbelievers
Those are the ones whom Allah has guided, so from their guidance take an example. Say, "I ask of you for this message no payment. It is not but a reminder for the worlds."

And they did not appraise Allah with true appraisal when they said, " Allah did not reveal to a human being anything." Say, "Who revealed the Scripture that Moses brought as light and guidance to the people? You [Jews] make it into pages, disclosing [some of] it and concealing much. And you were taught that which you knew not - neither you nor your fathers." Say, " Allah [revealed it]." Then leave them in their [empty] discourse, amusing themselves.

Allah as a lunar deity - Wikipedia

"
Have you not regarded him who argued with Ibrahim (Abraham) about his Lord, that Allah had brought him the kingship? As' Ibrahim said, "My Lord is He Who gives life and makes to die, " he said, "I give life and make to die." Ibrahim said, "Yet surely Allah comes up with (i.e., brings) the sun from the East, so come up with (i.e., bring) it from the West." Then the one who disbelieved was confounded; and Allah does not guide the unjust people. "

Azar:

Azarah - Wikipedia

Abraham:
Ushpia - Wikipedia

"Ushpia is alleged to have founded the temple for the god Aššur "

"
Assur had no actual history of his own, such as those created for Sumerian and Babylonian gods but borrowed from these other myths to create a supreme deity whose worship, at its height, was almost monotheistic. Scholar Jeremy Black notes:

In spite of (or possibly because of) the tendencies to transfer to him the attributes and mythologyof other gods, Assur remains an indistinct deity with no clear character or tradition (or iconography) of his own. (38)
"
http://www.aina.org/articles/miaa.pdf

"
Simo Parpola has presented a theory of the monotheism of Ashur: it was a reality limited to an elite and not to the whole population. Ashur, as "metaphysical universe of light, goodness, wisdom and eternal life" (2000, pp. 165–209) was considered to be the "intermediate entity between existence and non-existence" (with reference to the creative nonexistence). The gods were hypostasis of his almightiness, of the "powers and attributes of God" (i.e., Ashur). Parpola compares them to the Jewish and Christian archangels; he recalls furthermore the Elohim in the Bible (a possible Assyrian influence) as the designation of a transcendent god. To support his thesis, Parpola quoted not only textual and iconographic data, but also onomastic data—for example, the personal names Gabbbu-ilani-Ashur, which means "Ashur is all the gods"; Ilani-aha-iddina (= "God [literally: the gods] gave [singular] a brother"); and that of King Esarhaddon (the Assyrian form of which is Ashur-aha-iddina, "Ashur gave a brother"). Analogous forms are well known, which were defined, if not as "monotheism," at least as "sophisticated polytheism." In some texts the gods were denoted as particular aspects of Marduk (Lambert, 1975). The image of Ashur, especially as he is outlined in the Sargonid period, is very close to this theology of Marduk. "

"
And of His signs are the night and day and the sun and moon. Do not prostrate to the sun or to the moon, but prostate to Allah , who created them, if it should be Him that you worship. "

"
Say: "Shall we indeed call on others besides Allah,- things that can do us neither good nor harm,- and turn on our heels after receiving guidance from Allah? - like one whom the evil ones have made into a fool, wandering bewildered through the earth, his friends calling, come to us', (vainly) guiding him to the path." Say: "Allah's guidance is the (only) guidance, and we have been directed to submit ourselves to the Lord of the worlds;-
To establish regular prayers and to fear Allah: for it is to Him that we shall be gathered together."
He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in truth. In the day when He saith: Be! it is. His Word is the Truth/Reality/Haqq, and His will be the Sovereignty on the day when the trumpet is blown. Knower of the Invisible and the Visible, He is the Wise, the Aware.

And [mention, O Muhammad], when Abraham said to his father Azar, "Do you take idols as deities? Indeed, I see you and your people to be in manifest error."

Thus did We show Abraham the kingdom of the heavens and the earth that he might be of those possessing certainty:

When it became dark at night, he (Abraham) saw a star and said, "This is my lord." But when it disappeared, he said, "I do not love those who fade away".
When he saw the moon rising up, he said: "This is my lord." But when it set, he said: "Unless my Lord guides me, I shall surely be among the erring people."
When he saw the rising sun, he said, "This is my Lord for it is greater (than the others)." But when this too faded away, (Abraham) said, "My people, I disavow whatever you consider equal to God.
Indeed, I have turned my face toward He who created the heavens and the earth, inclining toward truth, and I am not of those who associate others with Allah."

And his people argued with him. He said, "Do you argue with me concerning Allah while He has guided me? And I fear not what you associate with Him [and will not be harmed] unless my Lord should will something. My Lord encompasses all things in knowledge; then will you not remember?
And how should I fear what you associate while you do not fear that you have associated with Allah that for which He has not sent down to you any authority? So which of the two parties has more right to security, if you should know?
They who believe and do not mix their belief with injustice - those will have security, and they are [rightly] guided.

And that was Our [conclusive] argument which We gave Abraham against his people. We raise by degrees whom We will. Indeed, your Lord is Wise and Knowing.

And We gave to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - all [of them] We guided. And Noah, We guided before; and among his descendants, David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the doers of good.
And Zechariah and John and Jesus and Elias - and all were of the righteous
And Ismail and Al-Yasha and Yunus and Lut; and every one We made to excel (in) the worlds:
And [some] among their fathers and their descendants and their brothers - and We chose them and We guided them to a straight path.
Such is the guidance of Allah wherewith He guideth whom He will of His bondmen. But if they had set up (for worship) aught beside Him, (all) that they did would have been vain.

Those are the ones to whom We gave the Scripture and authority and prophethood. But if the disbelievers deny it, then We have entrusted it to a people who are not therein disbelievers
Those are the ones whom Allah has guided, so from their guidance take an example. Say, "I ask of you for this message no payment. It is not but a reminder for the worlds."

And they did not appraise Allah with true appraisal when they said, " Allah did not reveal to a human being anything." Say, "Who revealed the Scripture that Moses brought as light and guidance to the people? You [Jews] make it into pages, disclosing [some of] it and concealing much. And you were taught that which you knew not - neither you nor your fathers." Say, " Allah [revealed it]." Then leave them in their [empty] discourse, amusing themselves.

Allah as a lunar deity - Wikipedia

"
Have you not regarded him who argued with Ibrahim (Abraham) about his Lord, that Allah had brought him the kingship? As' Ibrahim said, "My Lord is He Who gives life and makes to die, " he said, "I give life and make to die." Ibrahim said, "Yet surely Allah comes up with (i.e., brings) the sun from the East, so come up with (i.e., bring) it from the West." Then the one who disbelieved was confounded; and Allah does not guide the unjust people. "

Azar:

Azarah - Wikipedia

Abraham:
Ushpia - Wikipedia

"Ushpia is alleged to have founded the temple for the god Aššur "

"
Assur had no actual history of his own, such as those created for Sumerian and Babylonian gods but borrowed from these other myths to create a supreme deity whose worship, at its height, was almost monotheistic. Scholar Jeremy Black notes:

In spite of (or possibly because of) the tendencies to transfer to him the attributes and mythologyof other gods, Assur remains an indistinct deity with no clear character or tradition (or iconography) of his own. (38)
"
http://www.aina.org/articles/miaa.pdf

"
Simo Parpola has presented a theory of the monotheism of Ashur: it was a reality limited to an elite and not to the whole population. Ashur, as "metaphysical universe of light, goodness, wisdom and eternal life" (2000, pp. 165–209) was considered to be the "intermediate entity between existence and non-existence" (with reference to the creative nonexistence). The gods were hypostasis of his almightiness, of the "powers and attributes of God" (i.e., Ashur). Parpola compares them to the Jewish and Christian archangels; he recalls furthermore the Elohim in the Bible (a possible Assyrian influence) as the designation of a transcendent god. To support his thesis, Parpola quoted not only textual and iconographic data, but also onomastic data—for example, the personal names Gabbbu-ilani-Ashur, which means "Ashur is all the gods"; Ilani-aha-iddina (= "God [literally: the gods] gave [singular] a brother"); and that of King Esarhaddon (the Assyrian form of which is Ashur-aha-iddina, "Ashur gave a brother"). Analogous forms are well known, which were defined, if not as "monotheism," at least as "sophisticated polytheism." In some texts the gods were denoted as particular aspects of Marduk (Lambert, 1975). The image of Ashur, especially as he is outlined in the Sargonid period, is very close to this theology of Marduk. "
ok

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Muslims believe their religion is the True Religion for the same reason that Christians and anyone else believes their religion is the True Religion. Ask yourself why you believe it, DIG DEEP, beyond the superficial reasons, and you will find your answers.

Bear Wild

Me too! I'd love to know that from them as well as you! What is your religion and how is it that you identify with the fox or whatever animals and symbols you may and find yourself using such self-identifications?

Nice to know. This is off topic and would be another good thread but Wolves as with other living creatures are important in multiple levels for me. I am a pagan following Northern European pre-Christian ways and a naturalist so there are multiple connections of wolves like to the god Odin and the goddess Morrigan, there is the wisdom that wolves can teach us if we listen to them, and they are important to our world as demonstrated with their reintroduction to Yellowstone national park. Maybe a thread about the animals in religion, that would be interesting.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Interesting. Can anything be proved? Do you consider anything "prove-able"? If so, what and how?

In an earlier post I linked to some writing on thingd I think are undeniably real, are they also things which can be denied in all honesty? For example, can anyone deny something vague like "there is stuff" or "there is experience"?

Two Logics One Miracup(s) - Pastebin.com

It helps me to refine it in case its somehow deniable stuff or you can find holes. Not the miracle stories, people can easily think I'm just lying or making up stories, but the logic stuff based on reality I wonder if that also is not provable stuff! Thank you in advance if you manage to take a look!

Proof is for math theorems and logical arguments IF one accepts the premises.

Religions claims are too subjective to be proven, and depend on adversarial claims between those who believe and those who do not. Most believers are convinced that there religion id provrn one way or another, but unfortunately they do not nor are they for the most part willing to question their belief. Belief, of course it is not dependent on objective unbiased logic. As far as religions, particularly ancient religions. All are questionable as stand alone beliefs. This includes my Belief as a Baha'i, except it is better documented in history and the original scripture and historical origins are available. and well documented. This does not escape the question of proof, because no religious belief is beyond objective scrutiny and the lack of proof.

Last edited:

I hope you find the time at some point to read all that, it may connect back to the speakers of Akkadian languages that Arabic descends from. You're not wrong or anything in thinking that God is the "God of the Moon" and whatever else. What I collected there for your perusal and enjoyment were some references to "Moon Worship".

Another verse has the Moon worshipping Allah:

"To God prostrate all that are in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, as do their shadows in the mornings and the evenings."
"
Do you ever consider that all who are in the heavens and all who are on the earth prostrate themselves to God, and so do the sun, the moon, the stars, the mountains, the trees, and the beasts, and so do many among human beings?5 But many others are deservedly condemned to punishment. Whoever God humiliates can have none to give him honor. Assuredly, God does whatever He wills.6"

"
He it is that cleaveth the day-break (from the dark): He makes the night for rest and tranquillity, and the sun and moon for the reckoning (of time): Such is the judgment and ordering of (Him), the Exalted in Power, the Omniscient. "

Cleaving see Cronus and Cronus as El.
"
Ancient Greek Κρόνος (Krónos), possibly from the Ancient Greek κραίνω (kraínō, “to rule or command”).
Latinized form of the Greek Κρονος (Kronos), possibly derived from the Indo-European root *ker- meaning "to cut".
"
Cleave, a verb, has two very different meanings. It can describe cutting or splitting something apart with a sharp instrument, or — oddly enough — it can describe sticking to something like glue."

"
And He hath constrained the night and the day and the sun and the moon to be of service unto you, and the stars are made subservient by His command. Lo! herein indeed are portents for people who have sense. "
"
The name is perhaps from tito "sun, day," which probably is a loan-word from a language of Asia Minor. Sense of "person or thing of enormous size or ability" first recorded 1828."

"
Under the notion that the Antichrist, as a single individual, might be of Jewish origin, he fancies that the mention of "Dan," in Jeremiah8:16, and the omission of that name from those tribes listed in Revelation 7, might indicate the Antichrist's tribe. This surmise became the foundation of a series of subsequent interpretations by other students of Bible prophecy.[98][99] "

Teitan is an Archaic form of Titan.

Dan is thought by some to reflect a connection to Dagan, who was implied to be the same as El (today called Allah) and was associated or syncretized to and thought to refer to Cronus / Kronus likely also in part due to the common epithet "divider of the heavens and the Earth" which is also mentioned in the Qur'an.

"
Although Irenaeus did speculate upon three names to symbolize this mystical number, namely Euanthas, Teitan, and Lateinos, nevertheless he was content to believe that the Antichrist would arise some time in the future after the fall of Rome and then the meaning of the number would be revealed.[106][107] "

"
Moreover He comprehended in His design the sky, and it had been (as) smoke: He said to it and to the earth: "Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly." They said: "We do come (together), in willing obedience."

"
It is Allah Who sustains the heavens and the earth, lest they cease (to function): and if they should fail, there is none - not one - can sustain them thereafter: Verily He is Most Forbearing, Oft-Forgiving. "

"
Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?

"
A bilingual inscription from Palmyra[45] dated to the 1st century equates Ēl-Creator-of-the-Earth with the Greek god Poseidon. Going back to the 8th century BCE, the bilingual inscription[46] at Karatepe in the Taurus Mountains equates Ēl-Creator-of-the-Earth to Luwian hieroglyphs read as da-a-ś,[47] this being the Luwian form of the name of the Babylonian water god Ea, lord of the abyss of water under the earth. "

God the Separator

Add an H to this O and watch this Sea Monkey Grow!
ttps://youtu.be/42dmIOCDYzo

Wolf Spirit

Wolf Spirit
What might be an interesting exercise would be be for you to examine the reasons why you think Christianity is the "right" religion, and then see if they would be any more persuasive, to an impartial observer, than the muslim ones.

I have done this, as an impartial observer, hence why I became a Christian.

After knowing more now, I could produce even more convincing reasons than when I first learned about Christianity.

Hence why I wanted to ask Muslims, as they have a much deeper understanding of the religion and could likely give better reasons than the ones I could see.

Wolf Spirit

Wolf Spirit
No golden idols nor the statues of Gods, angels and saints in Islam like in Christianity

My denomination has none of those, none at all. I commend Islam for not having them either.
I think the biggest problem we have is people mistaking us for other forms of Christianity. I shouldn’t label myself a Christian, it would just be simpler.

My denomination has none of those, none at all. I commend Islam for not having them either.
I think the biggest problem we have is people mistaking us for other forms of Christianity. I shouldn’t label myself a Christian, it would just be simpler.

What have you found are the major differences between your beliefs (and if you could create a sketch of your beliefs in essential bullet points) and what you understand of Islam so far?

I think the best way to approach Islam is really to very carefully read the Qur'an, people often are able to finish the whole book within the month of Ramadan, its maybe the size of a medium or medium-large novel but its not as big as the Bible I think and its pretty straightforward, the translations at www.islamawakened.com/quran can give you an idea of which one you might prefer and find easiest or best to read and understand.

Muslims today are very much trying to be similar to Christians in some senses but such ideas may differ from the Islam presented in the Qur'an.

Christianity has three general variations, One Believes and says Jesus was and is God incarnate, another takes Jesus to be separate and lesser than God the Father, and a third variation of popular beliefs may view Jesus as a spiritual teacher who is not literally God incarnate.

The main difference between Islam and Christianity is regarding the view of Jesus, where Jesus is not considered God incarnate or called God or thr Begotten Son of God nor is God called The Father in any sense, especially not literal.

The Qur'an is opposed to Tri-Theism, or anything but Monitheism, and also denies or has been understood to deny Trinitarianism.

The religion most theologically unlike Islam is the theology of the Church of Latter Day Saints also known as Mormonism.

The Qur'an is also against asceticism as well as skeptical of clerics or priest classes though they still emerged.

The Qur'an also denies the notion that people are "God's Children" or "Especially Loved" and will be "Divinized", or as some may suggest, made like God or Gods.

The human is forever in an inferior position to God and equal to other creatures in most senses, worse in others, but granted certain advantages as well.

The notion of the Islamic paradise is also much more visceral and sensuous and based around human pleasure and appreciation for human senses rather than idealized or highly spiritual.

Islam also does not reject wealth, disdain sex, and focuses on enjoyment and appreciation for the things of the World as all things, even those made by humans, are credited to God creating such experiences and events and devices and inventions.

So Christianity in some senses may resemble Buddhism more than Islam at times.

The God of Islam is not Trinitarian nor incarnates, so could be said to be different or differently conceived in the minds of people as compared to Trinitarians or those who believe God incarnated as a single man.

The Allah of the Qur'an is already "encompassing all vision" and controlling all experience, so in a sense is puppeting and seeing what we see and controlling it from the inside, right behind the screen of experience we see and essentially are any moment, thus the idea of God "incarnating" in a particular person makes little sense for the Quranic Allah since Allah is already basically the Only Truly Living Being. Most Muslims would never think so, but their understanding of the Qur'an is usually not extremely sophisticated, nuanced, or advanced.

The Qur'an has similarities to the Old and New Testament ideas concerning God but also tends to differ in the way these ideas may have been interpreted at the time or later and now.

So, the major issues are typically:

Islam: There is Only One God, All Powerful, Singular, Does Not Incarnate, Controls All Experience and Events, and Freely forgives so has no need for any complex procedures or scapegoats or sacrifices, the status of Jews is denied and the sancitity or writings of the Bible are somewhat left as considered corrupted and broken and thus potentially confusing or misleading, Jesus is considered a miraculously generated human being and the "Messiah" or annointed one sent to the people but is not believed to have been killed or crucified but instead miraculously saved, so no sacrifice occured, no descent into Hades or the realm of the dead, which is also silly seeming for the concept of the God of the Qur'an to be doing such things since the God the the Qur'an is not a bodily figure, so the whole crux and main articles of Christianity are basically denied. Plus Islam has no original sin concept or the idea that people are born with sin or guilt or any of that and are instead considered born pure, guiltless, and innocent.

Christianity: Jesus is the savior through his death and self-sacrifice and ascension and demonic kosmokrators and powers and "The World" and the Devil who is called "God of this Aeon" (though a few think that may not refer to the Devil) is attributed with deception and the "power over Death". The God of Islam in some ways may resemble and have epithets similar to both the God of te Bible and The Devil of the New Testament. Through Jesus who is basically God in some way and Jesus's death and sacrifice others can be given immortal new divinized forms and join God and God's Family in some sense in the Kingdom of Heaven and the New Jerusalem and New World after the ressurection.

The Qur'an seems to suggest that by taking Jesus as God or a super-being in any sense that a person is going astray and transgressing against the Ultimate God and thus Christianity and Christian theology being so particular and specific causes one problems in covering the bases of a number of other religions before it, risking the Islamic Hell for the statements, while it is hard to imagine a forgiving God being gravely offended and responding with torture to the fact that people only worshipped God alone even if all the ideas of Christianity ended up being true.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I am not a Muslim, but coming from a Baha'i perspective. If I asked ask you why you are a Christian you would probably say because you believe that the Bible is the Word of God, so likewise Muslims believe that the Qur'an is the Word of God. As a Christian you would probably say you believe that Jesus was the Son of God, and a Muslim would say they believe that Muhammad was a Messenger of God. As a Baha'i, I would agree with both of you. :)

I think if I may be permitted to answer a slightly altered version of your question, it may elucidate some further points or an inner perspective.

What withholds a Muslim from being a Christian?

I grew up with access to lots of religious scriptures but the Qur'an holding a prominent place and being read to me ever since childhood. I had assumed that the Bible must be similar, but when I finally read it properly I found it despicable and hideous and infuriating and of a far lesser quality but also perceived as speaking ill of characters I had related to and come to love through the Qur'anic versions of stories where instead they are depicted more like unjust tricksters and vile human beings and criminal minded filth in the Bible from my perspective.

The New Testament also dissapointed and I could scarcely find in either Old or New Testament a very clear picture of what to do or how to make a religion out of any of it. The Bible never left its place as the scripture I find worst of all.

Furthermore, the idea of worshipping a human form or figure is totally abhorrent to me and fills me with horror and terror, the idea can make me feel like I'd rather die than to worship a human form or fall into the disgrace of thinking deemed inferior by far. Even idols taken as symbolic are more tolerable than the literal worship of a literal bodily human form.

Losing or deteriorating my concept of God as Absolute Ultimate with such things is thought by my to be the worst possible pollution, where even atheism would be better and closer to the reality.

All the talk of "Fathers" "Sons" "Mother of God" "Children of God" is also considered perverse and disgusts me greatly, as I much prefer an inhuman God to a "Daddy" type figure who often seems heavily anthropomorphized by people.

A true Muslim can nevet become a modern style Christian, and if a Muslim ever does, this is deemed a curse upon them from Allah, who has led them into error in order that they be destroyed.

The people born into Christianity are viewed in a much more forgiving light as they are thought to stand a better chance or have some potential and that they didn't go from something better to something worse like a person with access to the Qur'an and choosing the Bible and not feeling the natural deep aversion to its contents and stories. The Bible literally makes me want to puke with what is within it, and so there is like a spiritual blockage which others don't seem to even mind about the story of the guy's concubine or wife gang raped and then treated callously and chopped by bits and mailed around by him and the many other gross as heck tales of the book which very much seems to us the true Book of Satan and the "Synagogue of Satan".

The reason I'm sharing all this is so that one is able to get an impression of the kind of revulsion and abhorrence bred and built up in someone raised on the Qur'an who is then exposed to the Bible after a fondness for the Qur'an from childhood.

I think the Bible is also mind destroying and dementing and its teachings can twist a person deeply, which others may say often of the Qur'an's teachings but a Muslim simply can't or doesn't see it that way at all. For example, any threats towards disbelievers are not interpreted as threats towards us, and so the Qur'an is friendly towards its partisans who prefer it.

The Qur'an also instills to some degree a sense of superiority and pride, even arrogance, due to believing we are smarter, better, more blessed, more chosen, cleaner, wiser, more favored, more loved, more protected, and given all the best and with the only real God particularly on our side and personally assisting us. That sort of mentality tends to occur even from just knowing our bums are kept cleaner and thinking everyone else in the West who just wipes is a dirty person on the exterior as well as the interior. This mentality ir snottiness might not be shared by converts as much who are often just grateful for their new lives and changes away from whatever state they escaped from into Islam.

Muslims are also interested in converts to reduce their sense of alienation and also quite often due to their interest in beauty and beautiful women, so they might like to convert females so that they can belong to an overall pool of beauties to potentially marry (for most its just one pretty girl for as long as possible).

The Christians are also viewed as lacking religion and religious practice due to habitual addiction to the "salat" and worship practices which give a stronger sense of "doing something" and "practicing a religion".

None of this is meant to insult anyone at all, these are the real sorts of secret feelings and views some Muslims may have, or maybe just me.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I think that is a great idea! Can you give a practical step by step rundown with examples of how one might do this? Or regarding your own beliefs as an example? I'd like to understand how to perform what you described but I require more specific details and examples to really grasp how to do it!
I did this over thirty years ago, when I lived in Dubai. It's a bit long to write it all out but I can give you a clue. The first question was: How did I originally become Christian? See if you can guess what the answer was.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I have done this, as an impartial observer, hence why I became a Christian.

After knowing more now, I could produce even more convincing reasons than when I first learned about Christianity.

Hence why I wanted to ask Muslims, as they have a much deeper understanding of the religion and could likely give better reasons than the ones I could see.
That's interesting. At what age did you become a Christian?

And, when you were being brought up as a child, did members of your family follow any religious faith?