• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof of Islam?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Does a glass half full of water contradict the glass that is half empty of water?
What about a glass that is half full of air does it contradict a glass that is half empty of air?

Or is that just four different views of the same truth?
I do not understand how this applies to to what you said before. :confused:.

Jesus cannot be God because God is not a man.
So either Jesus was just a man or Jesus was part man and part God.

WonderingWorrier

I do not understand how this applies to to what you said before. :confused:.

Jesus cannot be God because God is not a man.
So either Jesus was just a man or Jesus was part man and part God.

If the word of God comes out of a man then he is part man part God. He is a man and he is God.
Because the word of God is speaking.

Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,

The Spirit of the Lord spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

2 Samuel 23:1-2

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If the word of God comes out of a man then he is part man part God. He is a man and he is God.
Because the word of God is speaking.
That is what I said before, Jesus was part man and part God.
Jesus is not man and He is not God, He is kind of like a hybrid, with characteristics of both.

As a Manifestation of God, Jesus possessed two stations: one was the physical station pertaining to the world of matter, and the other was the spiritual station, born of the substance of God. In other words, one station is that of a human being, and one, of the Divine Reality. It is because Jesus had both a human and a divine station that He could act as mediator between God and man.

I believe that Jesus was a mirror image of God, reflecting God’s Self, God’s Beauty, God’s Might and Glory. As a Manifestation of God, Jesus was another order of creation above an ordinary man. He had a 'universal divine mind' that is different than ours, and that is why God was able to speak to Him through the Holy Spirit.

WonderingWorrier

That is what I said before, Jesus was part man and part God.
Jesus is not man and He is not God, He is kind of like a hybrid, with characteristics of both.

As a Manifestation of God, Jesus possessed two stations: one was the physical station pertaining to the world of matter, and the other was the spiritual station, born of the substance of God. In other words, one station is that of a human being, and one, of the Divine Reality. It is because Jesus had both a human and a divine station that He could act as mediator between God and man.

I believe that Jesus was a mirror image of God, reflecting God’s Self, God’s Beauty, God’s Might and Glory. As a Manifestation of God, Jesus was another order of creation above an ordinary man. He had a 'universal divine mind' that is different than ours, and that is why God was able to speak to Him through the Holy Spirit.

Like a marriage between a man and God.
It is a man. It is God.Together they are part man part God.

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
Luke 1:68-70

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Like a marriage between a man and God.
It is a man. It is God.Together they are part man part God.
I do not believe it is like a marriage because God never comes down to earth to join Jesus and become a man, God always remains in His own high place, separate from humans.

Jesus is part human and part divine but Jesus is not part God because that would require splitting God up, but God cannot he split up. God remains forever one.

God-man (Christianity) - Wikipedia
ttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God-man_(Christianity)

Hypostatic union - Wikipedia
ttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypostatic_union

Incarnation - Wikipedia
ttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarnation

Divinization (Christian) - Wikipedia
ttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divinization_(Christian)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...or.png/220px-Composite_christ_pantocrator.png

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...phni_002.jpg/220px-Meister_von_Daphni_002.jpg

""This foundational Christian position holds that the divine nature of the Son of God was perfectly united with human nature in one divine Person, Jesus, making him both truly God and truly man. The theological term for this ishypostatic union: the Second Person of the Trinity, God the Son, became flesh when he was miraculously conceived in the womb of theVirgin Mary.[9]Biblical passages traditionally referenced in connection with the doctrine of the Incarnation include John 3:1-21, Colossians 2:9, and Philippians 2:7-8. "

"
Instead of the word "apotheosis", Christian theology uses in English the words "deification" or "divinization" or the Greek word "theosis". Traditional mainstream theology, both East and West, views Jesus Christ as the preexisting God who undertook mortal existence, not as a mortal being who attained divinity. It holds that he has made it possible for human beings to be raised to the level of sharing the divine nature: he became human to make humans "partakers of the divine nature"[6] "For this is why the Word became man, and the Son of God became the Son of man: so that man, by entering into communion with the Word and thus receiving divine sonship, might become a son of God."[7]"For He was made man that we might be made God."[8] "The only-begotten Son of God, wanting to make us sharers in his divinity, assumed our nature, so that he, made man, might make men gods."[9]

The Westminster Dictionary of Christian Theology contains the following in an article titled "Deification":

Deification (Greek theosis) is for Orthodoxy the goal of every Christian. Man, according to the Bible, is 'made in the image and likeness of God.'. . . It is possible for man to become like God, to become deified, to become god by grace. This doctrine is based on many passages of both OT and NT (e.g. Ps. 82 (81).6; II Peter 1.4), and it is essentially the teaching both of St Paul, though he tends to use the language of filial adoption (cf. Rom. 8.9—17; Gal. 4.5—7), and the Fourth Gospel (cf. 17.21—23).
The language of II Peter is taken up by St Irenaeus, in his famous phrase, 'if the Word has been made man, it is so that men may be made gods' (Adv. Haer V, Pref.), and becomes the standard in Greek theology. In the fourth century, St. Athanasius repeats Irenaeus almost word for word, and in the fifth century, St. Cyril of Alexandria says that we shall become sons 'by participation' (Greek methexis). Deification is the central idea in the spirituality of St. Maximus the Confessor, for whom the doctrine is the corollary of the Incarnation: 'Deification, briefly, is the encompassing and fulfillment of all times and ages,' . . . and St. Symeon the New Theologian at the end of the tenth century writes, 'He who is God by nature converses with those whom he has made gods by grace, as a friend converses with his friends, face to face.' . . . "

"

• In John 10:34, Jesus defends himself against a charge of blasphemy by stating: "Have I not said that ye are gods?" It is widely believed that Jesus is referring toPsalms 82:6 in saying "Ye are gods and children of the most high."
  • Christ's defence against the charge of blasphemy includes the following passages from John 10:33–36
"
"The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?"

Duncan

Brothers and sisters, you are confusing yourself about Jesus peace be upon him, return to his word, to what he said not to Paul or Mark but Jesus the son of Marry, read the Gospel of Barnabas.
Our father Adam peace be upon him was created without a mother or a father. The real message of Jesus peace be upon him is in the Bible if you study it well you will find the answer, you will even find that Jesus prophecies the arrival of a final messenger called Muhammed peace be upon him.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Brothers and sisters, you are confusing yourself about Jesus peace be upon him, return to his word, to what he said not to Paul or Mark but Jesus the son of Marry, read the Gospel of Barnabas.
Our father Adam peace be upon him was created without a mother or a father. The real message of Jesus peace be upon him is in the Bible if you study it well you will find the answer, you will even find that Jesus prophecies the arrival of a final messenger called Muhammed peace be upon him.

Salaam brother,

I'd be wary of relying too heavily on the Gospel of Barnabas as it appears to be a late work (with two manuscripts known to have existed, both dated to the 16th-17th centuries CE, one in Italian, one in Spanish).

Ws

Duncan

What are those prophecies?

Hello there, I dont know if you are familiar with the bible, but if you have one you can easily look into it. However the first of the series of prophecies can be found in the book of Isaiah (chapter 9, verse 6) which Prophet Isaiah (pace be upon him) has rightly predicted:

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called 'Wonderful Counselor', Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

You see most Christian theologians and Churches that I have been talking to believe that this particular prophecy was for the advent of Jesus (peace be upon him). However, all were totally misled because the Bible says to the contrary.

The religion advocated by Prophet Muhammad (pace be upon him) was meant for Peace because it requires believers to submit themselves (materially and spiritually) to the Only True God (Allah), the Creator and Supreme Sovereign of all the worlds. Thus, anyone who submits himself will achieve a complete peace mentally and physically. Peace with the Only One Allah, Who has no partner, no sharer, no associate and no helper. Allah is unique and nothing is similar to Him, be it in essence, substance or attributes. He is the All-powerful, the All-knowing, the Omnipotent and the Only Sovereign of the whole universe. On the other hand, no Christian can claim that the mission of Jesus (peace be upon him ), was meant for peace because he categorically denied it in Matthew (10:34):"Do not think I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-inlaw; and a man's foes will be those of his own household"

And in Luke (19:27): "But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me". Also in Luke (22:36): He Jesus said to them: "But now, let him who has purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one."

And Jesus' (peace be upon him) sayings also support the prophecy of Isaiah (9:6) in the book of John (John 14:16-17): "And I will pray to the father, and He will give you another Counselor (another prophet) to be with you forever (until the Last Day).";(John 15:26): "But when the Counselor comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness to me."; (John 16:7): "Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you..."; (John 16:12-15): "I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me for he will take what is mine and declare it to you."

These above verses from the Bible prove one thing that Jesus (peace be upon him) expected someone to continue his unfinished mission (the worship of One True God), Whom Jesus called "Eli" or "Elio" in his Aramaic language which corresponds to "Elohem" for the Jews and "Allah" for the Arabs (Muslims). He anticipated the advent of a Counselor and Spirit of truth like him whose words are true (coming from God), but not the Holy Ghost as claimed by authorities of the churches. The one who would come is a man like Jesus with flesh and bones, a prophet like him not the spirit of a different nature, which cannot be seen. Since the Christians claimed that the Holy Ghost is one of Trinity, whom they believed to be one of the Godhead, then their argument that this Spirit of truth is the same as the Holy Ghost is untenable. John (16:12-15) above clearly explained the Spirit of truth as one who is dependent on God. The words "for he will not speak on his authority but whatever he hears he will speak" meant nothing more then a subservient servant who is going to fulfill his Master's (God's) Will and he can never be God, for God is a master unto Himself.

Further, Jesus (peace be upon him) said, that the spirit of truth will foretell and glorify him by taking his message from his unfinished mission and teach it to the people. All the above sayings were inspired by God and all were fulfilled by Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Again, the contents of the Quran came from Allah through the agency of angel Gabriel; the circumstances and the manner how Muhammad (peace be upon him) received it has a profound resemblance with the prophecy in Isaiah (29:12): "And when they give the book (scroll) to one who cannot read", saying "Read this", he says, "I cannot read". It means that he will not speak of his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak. And when Jesus (peace be upon him ) said, "he will glorify me for he will take what is mine and declare it to you," becomes all the more decisive, in that, the message of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was in no way different message but the same in essence, intent and purpose as the previous messages which call for the worship of the Only True God (Allah). Further you can see, Jesus was glorified in the Quran by his name "Jesus" 25 times and that the whole chapter 19 of the Quran is names after his mother "Mary".

You got also if you are interested one of those prominent prophecies for the advent of prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) can be found in the book of Deuteronomy (18:18-19): "I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not give heed to my words which he shall speak in my name, I myself will require it of him."

Now, such of those who attend the Sunday Bible School will tell you at the impulse of the moment that the prophet referred to here was Jesus (peace be upon him) :) Similarly, Christian theologians including those with credentials of the highest eminence teach the same dogma because they are programmed to believe in. The Bible writers who were openly prejudiced, because of chauvinism, jingoism, jealousy, and their apparent patriotism and nationalism were include to favor Prophet Isaac (pbuh), the second son of Prophet Abraham (pbuh) bore to him by his first wife Sarah. They tried to conceal and deprive Prophet Ismael (pbuh) the right of the firstborn. However, they failed to change the context of (Deut. 21:15-17) which revealed the right of the firstborn child and the promise of God to Hagar, the mother of Ismael in Genesis (17:20) and in Genesis (21:15).

Prophet Ismael (pbuh), the first son of Prophet Abraham (pbuh) by his second wife Hagar (Genesis 16:3 and Genesis 16:11) was given a very limited historical account in the Bible. Described as the son of a maid, who together with his mother was banished and settled in the wilderness of Paran (present name is Makkah). He was later given an Egyptian wife by his mother (Genesis 21:21), and, out of this union, he got twelve sons who later became rulers of their respective tribes (Genesis 25:13-16). Most prominent among them (Ismaelites) was the Kedar tribe of which the Quraish tribe of Makkah traced its origin, and of which, was the ancestor of the parents of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

So anyone who undertakes a judicious study about the Bible as I did for 7 years and approach the subject matter with an open mind, will certainly discover the truth of the roles played by both Prophets Ismael and Isaac (peace be upon them). Since both were sons of Prophet Abraham (pbuh), therefore, their descendants were brethren to each other; Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was through Prophet Ismael (pbuh) and similarly, Prophet Jesus (pbuh) was through Prophet Isaac (pbuh). The prophecies in the Bible, e.g., that of Deuteronomy, obviously, unveil the truth and that those beliefs which were considered absolute truths were, in fact, false. For, indeed, no other prophets who followed Prophet Moses (pbuh) were worthy of honor in any respect, except Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), the direct descendant of Prophet Ismael (pbuh) and the progeny of Prophet Abraham (pbuh).

Allow me to explain better:

1. "I will raise up a prophet for them like you from among their brethren." It is explicit that the prophet who would come must neither come from the children of Israel nor from among themselves, but rather, would come from their brethren (from the descendants of Ismael, pbuh).
2. " ...and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him." Obviously, the prophet who would come could not speak by himself other than what he would be told to say. This process of putting the words in his mouth is for the listener to repeat or parrot the words exactly as he hears them from the speaker. In other words, someone echoes another's words (voices). This clearly indicates Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), God's words being revealed to him (through the agency of angel Gabriel), had a unique and striking resemblance with another prophecy in the Bible (Isaiah 29:12): "Or if you give the scroll to someone who cannot read, and say read this please, he will answer, I do not know how to read." Besides, this prophecy couldn't be attributed to Prophet Jesus (pbuh) because the Bible says that "Jesus grew in wisdom." whereupon, we read in the Bible that as a young man, he used to argue among the Pharisees and the Teachers of the law.
3. "Whoever will not give heed to my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him." This does not only point to a particular prophet, but also, describes specifically the kind of book (revelation) received by the prophet. That the words (commands) which the prophet would speak were conditioned as being "in the name of God". For one thing, no other book of revelation in the history of religion was written like that of the Quran which is unique in itself because all the 114 chapters, except for one, are preceded by "In the Name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful."

If you do further analysis regarding the circumstances surrounding the lives of Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them) in relation with (Deut. 18:18): "I will raise up a prophet for them like you (Moses)..."

1. Birth - Both Moses and Muhammad (pbuh) were born normally, while Jesus (pbuh) was an extraordinary. (see Matt. 1:18).

2. Civil Status - Both married and raised children, while Jesus (pbuh) remained a bachelor.

3. Revelation - Both received revelations (Torah or Law to Moses and Qur'an to Muhammad (pbuh), while Jesus (pbuh) according to the book of Matthew (5:17), came only to confirm the law and the prophets but did not bring a new law (revelation).

4. Status as Prophets - Both were accepted as prophets by their own people, while Jesus (pbuh), was rejected. (see Luke 3:23, Matt. 10:5-6 and John 18:36).

There are more comparaison to add I can go on and on, but you know most Christians today believe Jesus (pbuh) to be God or Son of God. Therefore, how could anyone compare a mere prophet (e.g., Moses (pbuh) to a Son of God or to a God?

Last edited:

Duncan

Salaam brother,

I'd be wary of relying too heavily on the Gospel of Barnabas as it appears to be a late work (with two manuscripts known to have existed, both dated to the 16th-17th centuries CE, one in Italian, one in Spanish).

Ws

Wa alaykoum a salam

Eid mubarak, I just find the Gospel of Barnabas close to the teaching of Jesus peace be upon him, the writings attributed to Barnabas have been the source of dispute among biblical scholars. The early Christian writer Tertullian assigned to him the authorship of the Epistle to the Hebrews, in accordance with second century church tradition. The apocryphal Acts of Barnabas, a work of late date, recounted his missionary tours and his death by martyrdom in Cyprus. The existing Epistle of Barnabas, found in a New Testament manuscript (part of the Codex Sinaiticus), is morally instructive work.

You will find that some Christian Scholars claim that this Gospel has Arabic comments and was written originally in Arabic. Some even claim that it has an Islamic origin, or was used by Muhammad in writing the Quran. All historical accounts establish that Muhammad was unlettered; that is to say that he could not read or write. After Islam, there were debates between Muslims and Christians and no Muslim ever referred to that Gospel. Therefore, this Gospel was not known in Islamic history. Unless some scholars claim that Islamic history was corrupted and the usage of this Gospel was concealed! Anyone who studies Islamic history will immediately know that this is one of the many stereotype claims against Islam.

The interesting part is that if you look into the Gospel of Barnabas you will find out that it differs from the Biblical Gospels in the following basics of the Christian religion:

Jesus is not the Son of God. He was a great prophet.

The sacrifice that Abraham offered to God was Ismael and not Isaac.

The Gospel made clear prophecy about the coming of Muhammad.

Jesus was not crucified. The one that was crucified in Jesus place was Judas by another miracle of God.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Quran confirms more of the infancy Gospels, content wise, then official Gospels, although confirms much of the official ones too, it emphasizes more content wise things unique infancy wise. This is a fact, and shows earlier established sources may not be better then later established sources, and that measuring "Well this resource became well known enough to be well known earlier", is not a reason to think it's more authentic.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
. The one that was crucified in Jesus place was Judas by another miracle of God.

Honestly, I read it and pretty sure it's a fabrication brother. Jesus appeared to be killed and crucified, only thing, death never took him, and this was a miracle and sign of God. So he wasn't crucified from that perspective, but it appeared he was, meant it looked like you killed him but you really didn't and the proof of that in Gospels is he came back in 3 days. God was never upset with how Christians took the death of Jesus that he came back because then it is just semantics, he was upset with Jews using to claim he wasn't the Messiah. Well it looked like you killed him, but you didn't, he remained alive and then God raised him up after sometime as well. Either way, killed and brought back, or he never died but it appeared like that to you, means the same thing, but God is saying, in fact, he never left the world even when appeared like he died, he was the holy spirit and guiding light still.

He was upset with Christians for making God a third of a trinity but not over this. Jews were the ones he was upset over this.

Duncan

Honestly, I read it and pretty sure it's a fabrication brother. Jesus appeared to be killed and crucified, only thing, death never took him, and this was a miracle and sign of God. So he wasn't crucified from that perspective, but it appeared he was, meant it looked like you killed him but you really didn't and the proof of that in Gospels is he came back in 3 days. God was never upset with how Christians took the death of Jesus that he came back because then it is just semantics, he was upset with Jews using to claim he wasn't the Messiah. Well it looked like you killed him, but you didn't, he remained alive and then God raised him up after sometime as well. Either way, killed and brought back, or he never died but it appeared like that to you, means the same thing, but God is saying, in fact, he never left the world even when appeared like he died, he was the holy spirit and guiding light still.

He was upset with Christians for making God a third of a trinity but not over this. Jews were the ones he was upset over this.

You see God made it very clear to them in the Quran, and stated that Jesus did not die on the cross:

"That they (Jews) said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah"; - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them" (Surah 4, Ayah 157).

The big business of Christian churches would never admit that there is a slight chance that Jesus never died on the cross. Preachers want people to attend churches, tell them that they are sinners and Jesus died for their sins and then get their donations. Bumper stickers are everywhere proclaiming that "Jesus loves me", "Jesus died for me," "Jesus blood saved me." It makes those people feel good and feel special that someone as great as Jesus died for them. The churches know the power of this concept and they would not give it up.

Most of the Christian doctrines were initially very simple. But somehow, Christian scholars take a simple event or a simple verse and add mountains of complexity and confusion just to satisfy their intellectual curiosity.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't see what the big deal is, if it appeared like they killed him or crucified him, but he comes back in three days showing nothing really happened to him though they thought he was dead.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
"That they (Jews) said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah"; - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them" (Surah 4, Ayah 157).
I think that this verse means the Jews did not really kill Jesus because even though His body died on the cross they did not kill His soul or His Cause, which was the Cause of God.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The big business of Christian churches would never admit that there is a slight chance that Jesus never died on the cross.
No, they will never admit that because then they would have to give up their most important beliefs, namely that Jesus died for our sins and that Jesus rose from the grave and that Jesus will later return to earth and.resurrect them from their graves.

Actually, it would be a good thing if Jesus never died on the cross, because that would completely eliminate the need for a bodily resurrection. This would be the best thing that could ever happen to humanity because Christians could no longer claim superiority over all the other religions simply because Jesus rose from the grave. Also, if Jesus did not die on the cross Christians could no longer claim that Jesus rose and got an immortal incorruptible body, so that would mean that and Christians would have to face the fact that Jesus was a mere mortal and eventually died just like everyone else and His soul ascended to heaven like the souls of everyone else.

The best thing about this entire scenario is that if Jesus never got an immortal incorruptible body, the same Jesus who walked the earth over 2000 years ago could never return to earth in the same body He had when He ascended, as Christians believe will happen. And if the same Jesus could never return, Christians would have to face the hard cold truth that Jesus was never slated to be the Messiah of the end times who would come down in the clouds and save the them, and that would mean that Christians would have to give up the only hope or restoring their religion to a position of supremacy over all the other religions.

But alas, Jesus did die on the cross, so unless His remains are found by archaeologists Christians will continue believing what they believe, even though Jesus will never return. I find it rather sad, because they will never recognize the real Messiah since they will never stop waiting for Jesus. :(

Oh, fun fact, the Qur'an also contains an almost verbatim segment if the Alexander Romance from out of Syria, which I believe is more based on tales of Seleukos Nicator (known for his famous bull horn iconography on everything and his kindness and religiousity and construction projects helping people) than the very short lived Alexander, and their stories were mingled but Seleukos lived much longer and was the ruler of the biggest Empire in the World at the time, so was in the legacy of other rulers of the biggest Empires in the World, many of which seem to strangely have names resembling those of the Islamic Prophets at times. You find foundational stories attached to just about every name we know! I even found the villains!

Duncan

I think that this verse means the Jews did not really kill Jesus because even though His body died on the cross they did not kill His soul or His Cause, which was the Cause of God.

Jesus never went to the cross, If you read the next verse 4: 158 God explain exactly what happen:
Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise.

So the explanation of chapter 4 verses 157 It is said that God caused the one who slandered [Jesus] to resemble him and he was killed and crucified in his place. There is a saying that one who digs a grave for his brother falls into it. It is [also] said that Jesus peace be upon him said “Whoever agrees to have my resemblance cast upon him so that he is killed in place of me will have the garden” and one of his companions agreed.

Duncan

But alas, Jesus did die on the cross, so unless His remains are found by archaeologists Christians will continue believing what they believe, even though Jesus will never return. I find it rather sad, because they will never recognize the real Messiah since they will never stop waiting for Jesus. :(

You quite wrong about his return, both Islam and Christianity expect the return of Jesus at the end of times, and both expect trials and tribulations to occur at the time.