• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

questfortruth

Kind of like the black swan problem. It is pretty easy to prove the existence of white swans but impossible to disprove the existence of black swans.

1. Paint in black swan can exist.
2. Plastic black swan can exist.
3. Genetically mutated swan can be black.

I see no hard problem here.

I suspect such evidence would cause a world wide media storm
No, media hates me. I have 29 warnings in RF.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
1. Paint in black swan can exist.
2. Plastic black swan can exist.
3. Genetically mutated swan can be black.

I see no hard problem here.

The hard part is not the proof, as in finding one but in disproving a black swan exists.

Tell you what, if you go about disproving the existence of black swans, I'm make the attempt to disprove the existence of Jesus.

No, media hates me. I have 29 warnings in RF.

And you haven't been banned yet? RF seems pretty tolerant.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
There are infinitely many proofs for Jesus's existence, and almost none of them are unanimously refuted. On the other hand, all disproofs of Jesus's existence are unanimously refuted. Hence, only one option remains:
Jesus is unanimously proven.

:facepalm:
2017+05+30+circular+reasoning+-+b%C3%B6hr+03_GoodBecauseGood.jpg

Reactions: DNB

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Atheists may disagree with you if you dont have a body of Jesus you can show them as evidence...Just saying :)

Nice straw man fallacy. I disagree with him, because he's just constructed a risible circular reasoning fallacy, stacking up one bare assumptions after another. He also doesn't see to understand what proof means. I also am prepared to believe it is possible Jesus existed, that still leaves all your work before you, as his existence doesn't remotely evidence any of the divine or supernatural claims made about him.

AlexanderG

My understanding is that Jesu spirit is in heaven, if he did take with him the physical body or not, I do not know

There was a fire-breathing goat the size of a mountain. There's a book written by an anonymous author, and it says that people told him that a thousand other people saw the fire-breathing goat, and that it all happened hundreds of years ago. But then the goat died and its entire body was shifted to another dimension that we can't detect.

You can't disprove it. Therefore it is unrefuted. Therefore it is true. Am I doing it right?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Nice straw man fallacy. I disagree with him, because he's just constructed a risible circular reasoning fallacy, stacking up one bare assumptions after another. He also doesn't see to understand what proof means. I also am prepared to believe it is possible Jesus existed, that still leaves all your work before you, as his existence doesn't remotely evidence any of the divine or supernatural claims made about him.
Can I ask what the strawman was in my reply?
I kind of have not understood the use of strawman you use.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
There was a fire-breathing goat the size of a mountain. There's a book written by an anonymous author, and it says that people told him that a thousand other people saw the fire-breathing goat, and that it all happened hundreds of years ago. But then the goat died and its entire body was shifted to another dimension that we can't detect.

You can't disprove it. Therefore it is unrefuted. Therefore it is true. Am I doing it right?
I dont know :confused:
I can only speak for my personal faith in a God, but can not answer for how others should or should not believe

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
There are infinitely many proofs for Jesus's existence, and almost none of them are unanimously refuted. On the other hand, all disproofs of Jesus's existence are unanimously refuted. Hence, only one option remains:
Jesus is unanimously proven.

The problem that you are not addressing is the issue of the two Jesuses.
1. The historical character who is referred to in some near contemporary texts. This Jesus (or someone like it) probably existed.
2. The magical character for whom there is no corroborative references nor evidence. This Jesus almost certainly did not exist.

You won't find many people arguing with 1., but there is nothing to support 2.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
"In War and in Love there are no rules." (c)

Well i think if someone makes a bold statement that can only be read as fact then they should be able to back up that statement.

It seems however that many don't think the same way.

To me all that means is they have nothing but flim flam and it does their credibility no good whatsoever.

KWED

Atheists may disagree with you if you dont have a body of Jesus you can show them as evidence...Just saying :)
Not having a body is not the issue. It is the lack of any evidence for the magic, or any evidence that magic even exists. A person on whom the Biblical Jesus was based probably existed. The Jesus described in the Bible did not.

KWED

According to science, has there been any indication of Jesu life? I seen some documentaries about this topic, but I dont understanding all of how science looking for evidence or proof.
It is not something that is within the scope of science.

KWED

If a Muslim doubts Bible, he doubts the definition of Jesus. Because the Bible is introduction to Jesus. Hence, Koran depends on Bible.
The Quran fundamentally contradicts the Bible on the issue of Jesus.
They can't both be right...but they can both be wrong.

"In War and in Love there are no rules." (c)
Is that a rule?