• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof Jesus said he is not God in atleast 3 Gospel accounts

74x12

No... it's called knowing your God. There is no reason why our Creator would want to change into a human. God does not bring himself down to us, he wants us to bring ourselves up to him. But in a spiritual way. A way of thinking spiritually and not of the flesh.
Not to be rude or anything; but in my view that is a flaw in the way you view your relationship with God.

To bring yourself up to God is like what they did with the tower of Babel. That is think you can get to heaven by what you do for yourself. You make a tower that you think will reach to heaven. That's man made religious thinking.

If God doesn't reach us we have no hope. That's the grace of God that saves anyone.
God does not change. Is there a verse that tells us that God changed into a man?
No He doesn't change. Absolutely correct. This is one good reason we know Jesus is God. Because Jesus also does not change.

Notice:

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. (Hebrews 13:8)

So, no we don't think God changed into a man. He came in the form of a man. We do not believe for a minute that God changes anything about Himself. But, He does do new things. (Isaiah 43:19)

But God always was going to come in the form of a man. As it is written:

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

1 Peter 1:19-20 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

So it as always in God's mind and He set it forth before the foundation of the world but there came a time indeed when God became (as through His salvation on the cross) what He always was in predestination and foreordanation. That is the Savior of the world.
Did someone tell you that? Just trying to think why anyone would ever think why our Heavenly Father would want to come down to earth and change into a man.
He became a man not for Himself but for us. Do you think God likes being separate from us? God loves us all and so that's why He came to reconcile us to Himself. Because being with us gives God great joy because of His deep love for us. That's why God would do anything necessary to reconcile us to Himself again.

God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself:

2 Corinthians To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Jesus was reconciling all things to Himself:

Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Therefore, Jesus is God.

74x12

But he didnt...... Why would you even think that? Is there a point of his pre-existance? Doesnt scripture tell us that he was born? The book of Hebrews tells us that the messiah had to be like us. Do you know why?

If Jesus was here before his birth, then how come no one knew about it or was never told about it in the OT? Adam & Eve was never told that the "coming" Messiah was already here. Abraham, Moses, David, they were never told that. They knew of a coming Messiah. Moses was told that in Deut 18, David in 2 Sam 7, etc, etc...

Hebrews 1... tells us that "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,"

That verse would be written totally different if Jesus Pre-existed!!! Think about it. In you mind.... why do you want Jesus to pre-exist? Is there a reason for this? Just curious..........
Then how did God make the worlds by Jesus? I want to see your explanation.

Hebrews 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

moorea944

Not to be rude or anything; but in my view that is a flaw in the way you view your relationship with God.

To bring yourself up to God is like what they did with the tower of Babel. That is think you can get to heaven by what you do for yourself. You make a tower that you think will reach to heaven. That's man made religious thinking.

If God doesn't reach us we have no hope. That's the grace of God that saves anyone.

No He doesn't change. Absolutely correct. This is one good reason we know Jesus is God. Because Jesus also does not change.

Notice:

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. (Hebrews 13:8)

So, no we don't think God changed into a man. He came in the form of a man. We do not believe for a minute that God changes anything about Himself. But, He does do new things. (Isaiah 43:19)

But God always was going to come in the form of a man. As it is written:

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

1 Peter 1:19-20 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

So it as always in God's mind and He set it forth before the foundation of the world but there came a time indeed when God became (as through His salvation on the cross) what He always was in predestination and foreordanation. That is the Savior of the world.

He became a man not for Himself but for us. Do you think God likes being separate from us? God loves us all and so that's why He came to reconcile us to Himself. Because being with us gives God great joy because of His deep love for us. That's why God would do anything necessary to reconcile us to Himself again.

God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself:

2 Corinthians To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Jesus was reconciling all things to Himself:

Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Therefore, Jesus is God.

[Not to be rude or anything; but in my view that is a flaw in the way you view your relationship with God.]

I know you do. But no worries.

[To bring yourself up to God is like what they did with the tower of Babel. That is think you can get to heaven by what you do for yourself. You make a tower that you think will reach to heaven. That's man made religious thinking.
If God doesn't reach us we have no hope. That's the grace of God that saves anyone.]

Your completely missing the point on what I"m saying here. What I'm saying is that we should try to think of heavenly things and not things of the world. To try to manifest our God's charactor and way of thinking. To be more spiritually minded. That's what I"m saying.

[No He doesn't change. Absolutely correct. This is one good reason we know Jesus is God.]

Ughhhhh.....

[1 Peter 1:19-20 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,]

Do you actually know what this verse is about? You just made my point!!! Doesnt scripture tell us that we were foreordained too? Also read Jeremiah

[He became a man not for Himself but for us. Do you think God likes being separate from us?]

God became a man? Are you kidding me? And do I think God likes being separated from us? No, I dont. That is why we read in 1 Cor 5 and Romans 5 that God was working through his son to bring us back to God.

[God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself:]

Now we're getting somewhere.........

[Jesus was reconciling all things to Himself:]

Why are you changing scripture...... It says, which you already know..., God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself. Again, why are you changing scripture...... How do you ever... get Jesus was in Jesus reconciling the world unto himself......

moorea944

Then how did God make the worlds by Jesus? I want to see your explanation.

Hebrews 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

You might want to read that verse again......... who is he in that verse? It's talking about God speaking to His son in the last days, whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by whom He also made the worlds.....

We know that in scripture, esp in the OT, it is God, not Jesus who created everything..... I can give you a ton of verses on that, esp in the book of Psalms. But.... God did create everything with His son in mind dont forget... Jesus was here in the beginning, but only in the mind of God.

There was absolutely no reason at all, that Jesus should pre-exist before hand. No reason at all!! He was born a man, same nature as us. The messiah had to be like us. Do you know why?

74x12

[Not to be rude or anything; but in my view that is a flaw in the way you view your relationship with God.]

I know you do. But no worries.

[To bring yourself up to God is like what they did with the tower of Babel. That is think you can get to heaven by what you do for yourself. You make a tower that you think will reach to heaven. That's man made religious thinking.
If God doesn't reach us we have no hope. That's the grace of God that saves anyone.]

Your completely missing the point on what I"m saying here. What I'm saying is that we should try to think of heavenly things and not things of the world. To try to manifest our God's charactor and way of thinking. To be more spiritually minded. That's what I"m saying.

[No He doesn't change. Absolutely correct. This is one good reason we know Jesus is God.]

Ughhhhh.....

[1 Peter 1:19-20 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,]

Do you actually know what this verse is about? You just made my point!!! Doesnt scripture tell us that we were foreordained too? Also read Jeremiah

[He became a man not for Himself but for us. Do you think God likes being separate from us?]

God became a man? Are you kidding me? And do I think God likes being separated from us? No, I dont. That is why we read in 1 Cor 5 and Romans 5 that God was working through his son to bring us back to God.

[God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself:]

Now we're getting somewhere.........

[Jesus was reconciling all things to Himself:]

Why are you changing scripture...... It says, which you already know..., God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself. Again, why are you changing scripture...... How do you ever... get Jesus was in Jesus reconciling the world unto himself......
God was literally inside Christ reconciling the world to Himself. I think you missed that part.

74x12

You might want to read that verse again......... who is he in that verse? It's talking about God speaking to His son in the last days, whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by whom He also made the worlds.....

We know that in scripture, esp in the OT, it is God, not Jesus who created everything..... I can give you a ton of verses on that, esp in the book of Psalms. But.... God did create everything with His son in mind dont forget... Jesus was here in the beginning, but only in the mind of God.

There was absolutely no reason at all, that Jesus should pre-exist before hand. No reason at all!! He was born a man, same nature as us. The messiah had to be like us. Do you know why?
I read the Bible and believe it. It says Jesus is the Word made flesh. I believe that. God made the world by Jesus the literal Word of God. That is Jesus is literally the Word out of God's mouth. Also He is God.

Isaiah 55:11
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Psalm 104:30
Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

John 8:42
Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

God sends out His Spirit/Word and the Word proceeds from His mouth. (Matthew 4:4) He prepared a body in the womb of Mary for all the fullness of to dwell in.

Hebrews 10:5
Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

moorea944

God was literally inside Christ reconciling the world to Himself. I think you missed that part.

What do you mean "leterally" inside? I think this is were we differ.....

God didnt change into Jesus if that's what you mean.....

And what about John 17 where Jesus is talking to his Father and God, "That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."

Isn't that the same thing? So, this would say that we're all Gods too, right?.... Of course not... God's spirit was in Christ. God wasnt "literally" in Christ, as in that God changed into a man. That's just stupid talk and totally degrades our Creator. Our Heavenly Father works through people, angels, prophets, Kings, Jesus, and even us if He wishes.

moorea944

I read the Bible and believe it. It says Jesus is the Word made flesh. I believe that. God made the world by Jesus the literal Word of God. That is Jesus is literally the Word out of God's mouth. Also He is God.

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

God sends out His Spirit/Word and the Word proceeds from His mouth. (Matthew 4:4) He prepared a body in the womb of Mary for all the fullness of to dwell in.

Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Great verses, thank you!! But your not showing that Jesus is God. Why does Jesus "have to " be God. So there's two Jesus's then? Or two God's? Doesnt Isaiah tell us that there are no other God's beside our God? Why are you saying that's wrong?

This verse reminds me of you.... "And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, " Didnt Jesus come in the flesh? Wasnt he a man? God was his father and Mary was his mother?

If Jesus is a God or God himself, why go through the Father and Son thing........ Doesnt make sense. Why cant the bible just tell us that Jesus is God and came down to earth as a God to do his thing.... Why go through the birth and growing up if he's already a God. Doesnt make sense does it............

74x12

This verse reminds me of you.... "And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, " Didnt Jesus come in the flesh? Wasnt he a man? God was his father and Mary was his mother?
If Jesus "comes" in the flesh. Then that means He was before the flesh and then came in the flesh as I've been saying.

Yes He was a man; Yes God was His Father but you cant' deny His pre-existence or Divine nature which came before the incarnation.

moorea944

If Jesus "comes" in the flesh. Then that means He was before the flesh and then came in the flesh as I've been saying.

Yes He was a man; Yes God was His Father but you cant' deny His pre-existence or Divine nature which came before the incarnation.

["If Jesus "comes" in the flesh. Then that means He was before the flesh and then came in the flesh as I've been saying.]
lol, no it doesnt mean. Jesus was born. Not pre-existed. Why do you keep on talking about this "pre-existence" thing.........

[Yes He was a man; Yes God was His Father but you cant' deny His pre-existence or Divine nature which came before the incarnation.]
Actually I can deny it. There is no reason why Jesus has to pre-exist. Scripture tells us that he was born.... There is only one God dont forget, not two!! And the word "incarnation"? Why are you bringing in words into the bible that arent in the bible???? You have to stop doing that!! Use the words that are all ready in there. You'll understand it better. But when you bring in words like "incarnation", wow, now your on a different path....

74x12

["If Jesus "comes" in the flesh. Then that means He was before the flesh and then came in the flesh as I've been saying.]
lol, no it doesnt mean. Jesus was born. Not pre-existed. Why do you keep on talking about this "pre-existence" thing.........

[Yes He was a man; Yes God was His Father but you cant' deny His pre-existence or Divine nature which came before the incarnation.]
Actually I can deny it. There is no reason why Jesus has to pre-exist. Scripture tells us that he was born.... There is only one God dont forget, not two!! And the word "incarnation"? Why are you bringing in words into the bible that arent in the bible???? You have to stop doing that!! Use the words that are all ready in there. You'll understand it better. But when you bring in words like "incarnation", wow, now your on a different path....
So where did Jesus come from? You say you believe the scripture that says He comes in the flesh. So where did He come from?

74x12

Great verses, thank you!! But your not showing that Jesus is God. Why does Jesus "have to " be God. So there's two Jesus's then? Or two God's? Doesnt Isaiah tell us that there are no other God's beside our God? Why are you saying that's wrong?
You are the one who believes in two gods. You know that John 1:1 says "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God"

Yet you think it means Jesus is a lower case "god"? In that case you have a greater and lesser gods for the church to believe in. I only believe in One Great God. That's the only God for the church. Yes there are others called gods (1 Corinthians 8:5); but they are not our God. Neither should any other be called "god" by us.

1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

So either you do the math and come to the right conclusion; which is that since we know there is only one God "to us" which is to mean the church. Then how can John mention two gods in John 1:1? Simple answer. He doesn't mention two gods! Just One.

If you don't want to do the math then you won't be able to put two and two together.
If Jesus is a God or God himself, why go through the Father and Son thing........ Doesnt make sense. Why cant the bible just tell us that Jesus is God and came down to earth as a God to do his thing.... Why go through the birth and growing up if he's already a God. Doesnt make sense does it............
Why go through the Father and Son thing? Because He wants us to be His children. He did it for us.

Notice:

So, Jesus was born the Son of God so that when we were conformed to His image we would be like he is to God: the children of God also. He did it for us. So it's easy to see when you understand Jesus did all things for our sake.

Why go through birth and growing up? Easy answer. He had to be made exactly like us so He could be tempted in all points as we are. God's not a cheater. He went through the same things as we have to. That would include weakness of being a baby and growing up and all the discomfort involved etc. Hebrews 4:15 covers it all.

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

LightofTruth

Jesus did not have to pre-exist to be called "the Word of God".
The same word and spirit and power by which God has created all things was put upon Jesus.

moorea944

So where did Jesus come from? You say you believe the scripture that says He comes in the flesh. So where did He come from?

Where did he come from? He was born in Mary. But.... he was also from God. He didnt come from heaven and then was transported into Mary's womb, it wasnt like that. Other people "came from God" too. Like John, he was from God. Does that mean he pre-existed? No, not at all. Why does Jesus have to "come from" somewhere? Scripture tells us that he was born. And that's what we should believe.

LightofTruth

Where did he come from? He was born in Mary. But.... he was also from God. He didnt come from heaven and then was transported into Mary's womb, it wasnt like that. Other people "came from God" too. Like John, he was from God. Does that mean he pre-existed? No, not at all. Why does Jesus have to "come from" somewhere? Scripture tells us that he was born. And that's what we should believe.
Jesus said that of himself he could do nothing. The words he spoke, and the works he did, were not his own, he said,

The Father had put His spirit upon His son. It was therefore the spirit of the Father which came down from heaven.
They were to recognize the Father in His son.

moorea944

You are the one who believes in two gods. You know that John 1:1 says "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God"

Yet you think it means Jesus is a lower case "god"? In that case you have a greater and lesser gods for the church to believe in. I only believe in One Great God. That's the only God for the church. Yes there are others called gods (1 Corinthians 8:5); but they are not our God. Neither should any other be called "god" by us.

1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father,
of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

So either you do the math and come to the right conclusion; which is that since we know there is only one God "to us" which is to mean the church. Then how can John mention two gods in John 1:1? Simple answer. He doesn't mention two gods! Just One.

If you don't want to do the math then you won't be able to put two and two together.

Why go through the Father and Son thing? Because He wants us to be His children. He did it for us.

Notice:

So, Jesus was born the Son of God so that when we were conformed to His image we would be like he is to God: the children of God also. He did it for us. So it's easy to see when you understand Jesus did all things for our sake.

Why go through birth and growing up? Easy answer. He had to be made exactly like us so He could be tempted in all points as we are. God's not a cheater. He went through the same things as we have to. That would include weakness of being a baby and growing up and all the discomfort involved etc. Hebrews 4:15 covers it all.

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

[You are the one who believes in two gods. You know that John 1:1 says "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God"]
I believe in two Gods? I think your reading the wrong posts then. I only believe in one God.

The word "word" in John 1 is "logos". I think i've stated this before too. It's not talking about Jesus until verse 14. Logos means, someone's plans, reasons or thoughts. And of course Jesus was in God's plans too, along with alot of other things. It's talking about how God's ideas and plans and thoughts were in the beginning with him. And then..... we have verse 14... Jesus.

[Yet you think it means Jesus is a lower case "god"? In that case you have a greater and lesser gods for the church to believe in. I only believe in One Great God. That's the only God for the church. Yes there are others called gods (1 Corinthians 8:5); but they are not our God. Neither should any other be called "god" by us.]
I think..... it's you that believes in two Gods.... That's what I"m getting from you. Why would I even think that Jesus is some kind of God?.... So i'm really not sure why you think, that I think there are two Gods. Jesus is not God or a God.

[1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.]

Very good......

[So either you do the math and come to the right conclusion; which is that since we know there is only one God "to us" which is to mean the church. Then how can John mention two gods in John 1:1? Simple answer. He doesn't mention two gods! Just One.]
Your absolutely correct. He is only talking about one God.

[If you don't want to do the math then you won't be able to put two and two together.]
lol, ok.....

[So, Jesus was born the Son of God so that when we were conformed to His image we would be like he is to God: the children of God also. He did it for us. So it's easy to see when you understand Jesus did all things for our sake.]
But doesnt scripture tell us that we are in the image and likeness of God (Elohim)? Adam's son were also in the image and likeness of Adam too, as an example. Christ is the image of his father.

[Why go through birth and growing up? Easy answer. He had to be made exactly like us so He could be tempted in all points as we are. God's not a cheater. He went through the same things as we have to. That would include weakness of being a baby and growing up and all the discomfort involved etc. Hebrews 4:15 covers it all.]
That's exactly..... what I've been saying........... except for the false doctrine of pre-existance...

[Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.]
I totally agree with you!! Thanks for sharing!! And do you know why he was able not to sin? God was "in Christ" or helping his son all through his life!!

moorea944

Jesus said that of himself he could do nothing. The words he spoke, and the works he did, were not his own, he said,

The Father had put His spirit upon His son. It was therefore the spirit of the Father which came down from heaven.
They were to recognize the Father in His son.

Absolutely!! Thanks for that!

LightofTruth

If Jesus' words were not his own then who's words were they?

They were the words of the Father.

How is it that Jesus can speak the words of the Father?

The Father would have to put His Spirit upon Jesus.

If Jesus' works were not his own then who's works were they?

They were the works of the Father.

How is it that Jesus can do the same works as the Father?

The Father would have to put His Spirit by which He can do all things upon His son.

LightofTruth

In order to understand the words of Jesus it's important to understand that the Spirit of the Father was speaking through Jesus. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father. It is not another person. When the Holy Spirit speaks it is the Father speaking.
For example: Jesus could say that he has come down from heaven but the reality is that the Father came down from heaven by His Spirit which was put fully upon Jesus.

74x12

I believe in two Gods? I think your reading the wrong posts then. I only believe in one God.

The word "word" in John 1 is "logos". I think i've stated this before too. It's not talking about Jesus until verse 14. Logos means, someone's plans, reasons or thoughts. And of course Jesus was in God's plans too, along with alot of other things. It's talking about how God's ideas and plans and thoughts were in the beginning with him. And then..... we have verse 14... Jesus.
So "the Word" was God and you can't see the connection in verse 14 when "The Word was made flesh"?
I think..... it's you that believes in two Gods.... That's what I"m getting from you. Why would I even think that Jesus is some kind of God?.... So i'm really not sure why you think, that I think there are two Gods. Jesus is not God or a God.
Then you have to explain the many times Jesus is called God.

here are some of them:
  • John 1:1 (granted I've already seen your explanation, but I think it falls short)
  • Isaiah 9:6 (called mighty God)
  • Hebrews 1:8 (the Son is called God)
Your absolutely correct. He is only talking about one God.
Exactly.
But doesnt scripture tell us that we are in the image and likeness of God (Elohim)? Adam's son were also in the image and likeness of Adam too, as an example. Christ is the image of his father.
We sinned and are corrupted. This is why Jesus came in the exact image of the Father to restore us again to the image of the Father.

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. (Romans 8:29)

This is just another reason why God needed/wanted to become a man. To restore or reconcile us again to Himself. God wants His children back.
That's exactly..... what I've been saying........... except for the false doctrine of pre-existance...
Well I agree and disagree with you. I never said I disagreed with everything you said. Jesus pre-existed as God.
I totally agree with you!! Thanks for sharing!! And do you know why he was able not to sin? God was "in Christ" or helping his son all through his life!!
So you admit God was in Christ through His whole life? Good. That is correct in Colossians 1:18 and Colossians 2:8-9. We have no need of any other because we are complete in Him who is the head of all principality and power and all the fullness of God indwells Him bodily. Then He was given the name above all names and the only name whereby we must be saved.

Also He is literally the Word of God made flesh so we know He cannot fail as we read in Isaiah 55:11.

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

John 6:35
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 6:48
I am that bread of life.

John 6:51
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Psalm 34:8 (WEB)
8 Oh taste and see that Yahweh is good.
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

So to answer the question where did Jesus come from? He proceeded forth and came from the mouth of God. That is He is literally the Word of God made flesh the "bread of life". The "Alpha and Omega" which are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. Letters spell words. This signifies Jesus comprises all the words of God. And indeed in the Hebrew I am told that Aleph/Tav is present in Genesis 1:1. So we see that the "Word" was literally with God in the beginning and "was God" also.

The Bible says it and I believe it. I don't try to explain it away or rationalize it as not being literal.