• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Promised One"

Crystal Red

Episkopos Crystal Red
No, we Discordians have no Gods, saviours, prophets etc save those we make for ourselves. Though we finally have more saints than the Mormon church, & we definetley have more popes, since everyone on earth is a Discordian pope, whether they know it or not, & therefore everyone on earth is entitled to Pope like powers, infallibility, the ability to cannonize anythign as a saint & so on.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
No, we don't. We believe we should be judged by how well we live our lives and serve others, not in what a redeemer will do for us. We respect religious and spiritual leaders such as Jesus, Moses and Buddha for what they can teach us about living, not as redeemers in the traditional sense.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
nope... although there are some big names who promiced to return to the people someday.
Such as White Buffalo Woman, Old Man Coyote, Gloskap and so on.
But none of them realy qualify as a 'promiced one'.. they are family coming back to visit when they get the chance.

wa:do

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Gnosticism in both its extinct and extant forms is so varied that it would be unfair for me to say yes or no to the above question. However, personally i am not awaiting the coming or return of any messianic figure.

Possibly the most basic 'teaching' of the Gnostic speculation is that it is up to you to find and know God within yourself, and thus escape the illusions of material entrapment. An external being is not a necessary factor in discovering the ultimate Gnosis.

While i accept the possibility of an Aeon, luminary, Archon, angel or another ethereal emanation taking on a mortal body with the intent of interfering with the spiritual progress of sentient life, i do not rely on such an event.

Tell us barnardpi, what are your personal beliefs on the subject?

andyjamal

servant
Halcyon said:
Tell us barnardpi, what are your personal beliefs on the subject
Baha'u'llah teaches us that God's revelation is continuous but that there will not be another Manifestation of God before the lapse of one thousand years. However, I should mention that Baha'is believe Baha'u'llah to be the Promised One of all the previous major world religions.

The Black Whirlwind

The great prohet Geore Lucasa has already delivered the gospel of Star Wars. Let us bow to his awesome greatness. but seriously, no. At least I, as a Grey Jedi, do not. the other sects might.