• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prominent Jehovah’s Witness Dr Rolf Furuli says Governing Body Unbiblical

Brian2

Veteran Member
In his book, “My Beloved Religion — And The Governing Body” Dr Furuli says, because there was no Governing Body in the first century, “the present governing Body has no biblical legacy and should be dissolved.”

Source: In New Book, a Prominent Jehovah’s Witness Trashes the Faith’s “Governing Body”

Haven’t read the book yet but it’s a shame we can’t invite Dr Furuli to make the case here himself.

It would be interesting to hear what he has to say. I wonder if he would be disciplined for such a claim.
I guess the Governing Body of JWs is similar to other governing bodies in denominations etc and Biblicaly could be seen as something like the apostles or church councils in the early church in the Bible (Acts 15) but the JW governing body does seem to claim high and mighty things for itself and it's relationship with God.
The claim to be the faithful and wise servant who feeds the sheep appropriate things at the right time is something that all Christian leaders probably hope that they do, but to claim that for oneself exclusively, especially after such a long history of teaching false dates and changing doctrines is really preposterous imo. I cannot understand how JWs have not seen through it a long time ago. But beliefs are strange things and probably fear is a powerful tool that the Governing Body uses to elicit loyalty to them and them alone, so that people have to believe what they say even if they think the Bible teaches differently.

David1967

Premium Member
In his book, “My Beloved Religion — And The Governing Body” Dr Furuli says, because there was no Governing Body in the first century, “the present governing Body has no biblical legacy and should be dissolved.”

Source: In New Book, a Prominent Jehovah’s Witness Trashes the Faith’s “Governing Body”

Haven’t read the book yet but it’s a shame we can’t invite Dr Furuli to make the case here himself.

Wow! He is really going out on a limb here. That's a pretty bold move. I will have to read this.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member

It's interesting that when asked about being disfellowshipped, he answers: "I know I will be disfellowshipped." - but he's publishing the book anyways. From a moderate's point of view, this is a fringe extremist challenging the status quo. But if what the article says about him is true, then this is actually a core, central member challenging the status quo - the other way around.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
It's interesting that when asked about being disfellowshipped, he answers: "I know I will be disfellowshipped." - but he's publishing the book anyways. From a moderate's point of view, this is a fringe extremist challenging the status quo. But if what the article says about him is true, then this is actually a core, central member challenging the status quo - the other way around.

Well, there was already Raymond Franz who wrote about the JWs in "Crisis of Conscience" after he was disfellowshipped from the group. He was a governing body member. He pretty much confirmed my experiences and suspicions about the how the organisation works.

brendakshi

He has an incredibly interesting book, I approve it just 10 out of 10. Everything is very cool and gorgeous, I first came across it on one chic project Lakota Woman Summary | FreebookSummary which was used by friends who loved to read. It was incredibly interesting to read behind all this in the online format. I advise everyone to visit the site who likes to relax and read some books, there are a lot of them.

Last edited: