• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Project launched to look for extraterrestrial visitors to our Solar System

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
For something that supposedly doesn't have any evidence we sure put a lot of money and time into researching it.

"The 2017 detection of an odd interstellar object dubbed ‘Oumuamua (artist representation above) prompted this week’s launch of a project to search for alien technology on or near Earth."

Project launched to look for extraterrestrial visitors to our Solar System | Science | AAAS
Its a very odd shape, you know? Reminds me of Star Trek IV: the one about whales which has a cylindrical extra-terrestrial probe.

Someone floated the idea that it could be one of our own missiles, but I don't remember what their reasoning was. It was long and missile like, and they figured out by back tracking its trajectory where it may have come from.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If our solar system were to receive any alien craft it would be likely be derelict and ancient with its builders long extinct given the time and distance.

Viker

Häxan
It looks like a giant space turd. Great. We're going out there to explore giant space poop.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For something that supposedly doesn't have any evidence we sure put a lot of money and time into researching it.

"The 2017 detection of an odd interstellar object dubbed ‘Oumuamua (artist representation above) prompted this week’s launch of a project to search for alien technology on or near Earth."

Project launched to look for extraterrestrial visitors to our Solar System | Science | AAAS
As a fraction of our economy, it's miniscule.
But it's interesting technology, & perhaps
will yield results some day.

ecco

Veteran Member
_20210723_on_galilieoproject.jpg

If our solar system were to receive any alien craft it would be likely be derelict and ancient with its builders long extinct given the time and distance.

Everyone finding this thread interesting must read Arthur C. Clarke's Rendevous with Rama.
https://www.amazon.com/Rendezvous-R...t first, only a few,Rama is no natural object.
A huge, mysterious, cylindrical object appears in space, swooping in toward the sun. The citizens of the solar system send a ship to investigate before the enigmatic craft, called Rama, disappears. The astronauts given the task of exploring the hollow cylindrical ship are able to decipher some, but definitely not all, of the extraterrestrial vehicle's puzzles. From the ubiquitous trilateral symmetry of its structures to its cylindrical sea and machine-island, Rama's secrets are strange evidence of an advanced civilization. But who, and where, are the Ramans, and what do they want with humans?
On further reflection, everyone who finds this thread interesting has probably already read Rendevous with Rama.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
All images of this object are apparently just representational given that the only thing we know about it is that it is much longer in one dimension than any others. No photographs yet unless I'm mistaken.