• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Progress in to Type-I civilization a possible goal for Earth?

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
All I know of typing the civilizations is as follows:

That we, the earthlings, are in Type-0 civilization and that our goal is to progress first into Type-I, then further on, into Type-II and beyond, up to the Type-IV civilizations.

And that, when we could progress into the Type-I civilization, we would devise tools and techniques that would enable us to harness the powers of the MW Galaxy for our benefit and that we would reign as superpowers in the cosmos!

Given, our planet has a myriad of issues to face, before we even think of progressing into the next type of civilization, it is to be noted, that it is the same issues that make us exist or rather, survive, in the same Type-0 civilization, that we are in, right now!

The main or core issues we face are at the survival or basic level, poverty, and under-education.

At the next level, are moral and ethical dilemmas to face, and religion is one facet of it.

I honestly believe, that those humans who have no necessity to worry about the basic survival level of existence, need to concentrate on their own core challenges such as those discussed for the next level (Moral and Ethical dilemmas).

I honestly believe making spiritual progress is at the core of this next level of dilemmas or challenges met by humankind.

In that perspective, there is one more dimension to add: Not all humans are made alike and diverse religions are all important to shape the human accordingly.

The diversity of mental makeup shapes humans to achieve different things. It is the difference that motivates and interests fellow humans to come upon something interesting, I think.

When all or at least, an acceptable majority of earthlings make substantial spiritual and intellectual advancement, we would have a pool of high-degree intellectual prowess, that would enable us to come upon truly phenomenal discoveries on the scientific front. Spiritual progress enables us to think with much more clarity and depth on core issues. It enhances the intellectual faculty many, many folds.

I am, at this juncture, interested in any thoughts the reader might come upon, for this thread.

Do you think progress into Type-I is ever possible for the earth?

Do you agree spirituality addresses some of the core issues we, as earthlings face, and would enable us to progress if we take to the spiritual path?

Do you think having multiple religions is in order? Or do you think only 1 religion, aka Sanathan Dharma, is sufficient and that the world should adapt to this chosen religion?

Are there any more core issues we need to address? How to address them?

** My understanding of Type-0 to IV civilizations could by faulty too. I welcome any corrections on this.