• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Profession of faith.....

NeilPye

The Heretic
Jesus Christ is the eternal water for which I drink. :cross:

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

- Jesus, John 10:10

cAmigo

That is a good statement. I am glad this is the first post I am making here and I am making it on this post.
Jesus is my Lord and Savior. How sweet to confess this!

God bless you all.

I seek the Lord. Example;

Scripture has it;

The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the decrees of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is clear, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever; the ordinances of the Lord are true all of them just.

Who can climb the mountain of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place? He whose hands are sinless, and whose heart is clean.

When a man fears the Lord, He will teach him the way he should choose. He will abide in prosperity, and his descendants shall inherit the land. The friendship of the Lord is with those who fear him, and he makes his covenant known to them.

The Lord is the strength of his people; the saving refuge of his anointed.

For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his works are truthful. He loves justice and right;

The Lord is good; happy are those who take refuge in him. Fear the Lord, you his holy ones, for nothing is lacking to those who fear Him. The great grow poor and hungry but those who seek the Lord want for no good thing.

The Lord has eyes for the just, and ears for there cry. When the just cry out, the Lord hears them, and rescues them from all distress.

The Lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him incurs guilt.

I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst.
Everything that the Lord gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me,
because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me.

My teaching is not my own it comes from the one who sent me.
Whoever chooses to do his will shall know about this teaching namely, whether it comes from God or whether I‘m speaking on my own.
Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory, but whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful, and there is no dishonesty in his heart.

I am the light of the world. No one who follows me will ever walk in darkness, cause he will possess the light of life. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where he is going.
Once you have the light, keep faith in the light, and you will become a child of light.
Whoever believes in me believes not only in me but also in the one who sent me,
and whoever sees me sees the one who sent me.
I came into the world as its light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in the dark.
If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it.
Whoever rejects me and does not accept my words he already has his judge namely the words I‘ve spoken that’s what will condemn him on the last day,
because I did not speak on my own, but the Lord who sent me commanded me what to say and speak.
And since I know that his commandment means eternal life. What I say is spoken just as he instructed me.

The One who is sent by God he speaks the words of God.

Whoever disobeys the son will not see life but must endure the wrath Of God.

The man who loves me will keep my words.

The man who does not love me does not keep my words.

I know the Lord and I keep His words.

I seek the Lord.

Psalms
86:11 Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart to revere your name.

94:15 Justice will again be done with justice, and all the upright of heart will follow it.

96:1 Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, bless his name; tell of his salvation day after day. 3 Tell his glory among the nations, his wondrous works among all the peoples.

97:6 The heavens proclaim the Lords righteousness; and all the peoples behold his glory.

97:11 Light dawns for the righteous, and joy for the upright in heart.

98:2 The Lord has made known his salvation; he has revealed his justice in the sight of all the nations. He has remembered his kindness and faithfulness to the house of Israel. All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
I am the good shepherd, I know my sheep and my sheep know me,
just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; To these sheep I will give my life..
I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. These also I must lead, and they will hear my voice, and there will be one flock, one shepherd.
This is why the Father loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it up again.
No one takes it from me, I lay it down freely. I have power to lay it down, and power to take it up again. This command I have received from my Father."

My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand.
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Lord's hand.The Lord and I are one.

I am the light of the world. No one who follows me will ever walk in darkness, cause he will possess the light of life. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where he is going.
Once you have the light, keep faith in the light, and you will become a child of light.
Whoever believes in me believes not only in me but also in the one who sent me,
and whoever sees me sees the one who sent me.
I came into the world as its light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in the dark.
If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it.
Whoever rejects me and does not accept my words he already has his judge namely the words I‘ve spoken that’s what will condemn him on the last day,
because I did not speak on my own, but the Lord who sent me commanded me what to say and speak.
And since I know that his commandment means eternal life, what I say is spoken just as he instructed me.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I know that my Redeemer lives. O what sweet joy this sentence gives. He lives, He lives who once was dead. He lives, my everlasting Head.

Harvey

In the Bible profession of faith was made by Jesus.
Yes, Jesus is king of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Jesus is come in the flesh.
Jesus is God.
Jesus is love.
but Just saying Lord Lord doesnt get you into the kingdom, see the kingdom is within us.
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

DOING THE WORD is the ROCK
Obedience in love

Harvey

Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
Gen 27:8 Now therefore, my son, obey my voice according to that which I command thee.
Deu 30:8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD,
1 Pet 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1 Pet 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Professing to be your fathers son wont keep you out of jail, it is obeying fathers voice that makes him say "good and faithful servant"

Harvey

2 Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Titus 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Titus 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Gen 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door.

Its the real christianity, Jesus saves you and improves our characters daily, by daily prayer and warfare against selfishness. each day we are his and the warfare continues.

If you do well, won't you be accepted? this is the gospel.

Last edited:

Brinne

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior
Is é Íosa Críost mo Thiarna agus Slánaitheoir
Gesù Cristo è il mio Signore e Salvatore

Feels good to say that, I just recently turned (back) to Christianity after I prayed that Hurricane Sandy not affect our family too harshly when I heard that it would hit our area hardest. I walked outside the next morning to see not even the waterbottle I had left out on the porch had moved. That was the true turning point for me.

Jesus is Lord!

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ