• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Profession of faith.....

Man of Faith

As a child I heard the gospel in church, felt convicted of my sins, went down, confessed, repented and accepted Jesus as savior and was baptised. Now 39 years later I am still worshiping Jesus as Lord and Savior. I wouldn't have it any other way.

S-word

Just wanted to get a thread where we can profess the one thing (hopefully) that all of us Christians from various backrounds can agree on:

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.

Write it out.... let each letter be a symphony of salvation.... try to post on this thread as often as you can.... daily if you'd like.... and may the love of the Lord bless us all.

Peace in Christ,
Scott

Ist Timothy 1: 1; From Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by order of GOD OUR SAVIOUR and Christ Jesus OUR HOPE.

ayani

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. (2 Peter 3:18)

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour

My best friend, my chief source of wisdom and inspiration, the only example I ever need to follow and the reason this life matters.

Devotee

Vaisnava
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.

I actually just converted to Christianity today from Gaudiya Vaishnavism. Im very happy. :)

S-word

Galatians 1: 9; "We have said it before, now I say it again: if anyone preaches to you a gospel that is different from the one you accepted, may he be condemned to hell."

Isaiah 42: 1; The Lord says, "Here is my servant, whom I strengthen--The one I have CHOSEN, with whom I am pleased. I have filled him with my spirit, and he will bring justice to every nation."

Acts 3: 13; "For the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has given glory to his SERVANT Jesus (The Greek word here translated "Servant" does not mean Son).

Acts 17: 31; For He (Our Lord God and saviour) has fixed a day in which he will judge the whole world with justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given PROOF of this to everyone by raising that MAN from death."

Jesus was the fulfillment of the prophecy in Deuteronomy 18: 18; "I will send them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will tell him what to say, and he will tell the people everything I command, he will speak in my name."

And what did the people of his day cry out as he made his triumphant entry into Jerusalem? "Blessed is he who comes IN THE NAME OF THE LORD," verifying that the people among who he lived, knew that he was the man who was chosen by our Lord God and saviour to speak in his name.

When you quote the words spoken through the mouth of our saviour's servant Jesus, you are qouting the words of our Lord God and saviour, who revealed himself to us through the deeds and words that He did and spoke through his earthly host, the man Jesus, who said in John 14: "And the words you have heard are not mine, but come from our Father, who sent me. John 20: 17; Jesus said unto her, "Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: But go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; to my God, and your God.

Jesus the Human Being, who has won the victory is the first fruits to be harvested from the body of mankind and it is he, who says in Revelation 3: 21; "To those who win the victory I will give the right to sit beside me in my throne. (Which is the throne of his Father, and our Father, his God, and our God) Just as I have been victorious and now sit by my Father on his throne."

1st Corinthians 15; "There is a physical body, so there must be a spiritual body also, but it is the physical body that comes first. For I tell you a sacred secret, we shall not all fall asleep in death, but shall be translated in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye from bodies of corruptible matter, into glorious bodies of light.

And as we, who win the victory, have borne the physical image of the first Adam, so too shall we bear the image of the second Asam, who is our brother Jesus, who himself was the first to win the victory, the first to be raised from the dead, and the first to inherit a share of the immortal body of Light of our Lord God and saviour, which was torn asunder and poured out as fire, that settled on the heads of all they who believed his words as spoken throuigh his obedient servant.

Jesus, who appeared to Saul on the road to Damascus in his new glorious body of brilliant and blinding light, from which body of Light he answered Saul's question, "Who are you Lord"? With this reply, "I am Jesus of Nazareth."

Jesus of Nazareth, our brother who we once knew as a man, who was given divine glory by our Lord God and saviour and who is now incontestably divine as will we be, who are invited to sit beside our brother in the throne of our Father, the throne of Godhead.

Last edited:
Sorry I am too much the non-conformist to say what I have been told to say. I must say things in my own way in my own words, for it seems to me that religion is pointless if it does not give a voice to the spirit within us.

There are many Christian images of God that I don't believe in, the jealous god obsessed with His glory and a right to our worship, the purist god who cannot associate with sin of any kind, I repudiate the hard hearted god who finds it difficult to forgive, the controling god who demands our obedience to every idiotic law that He cares to declare, the wrathful god to whom we are nothing but clay pots to do with as he pleases, the manipulative god who uses intellectual blackmail to tell us what to think, the sadistic god that will resurrect the suicide from the dead in order to torture him for an eternity.

But I do believe in a very very uniquely Christian idea of God. This is a humble God, who is gentle and lowly in heart, who not caring anything about being God, set aside all His power and knowledge to become a helpless human infant, and after growing up perfectly blameless to show how we should live, He was mocked and whipped before being executed on a cross. This He did and endured not because He had to but in order to help us to get past all the lies and misunderstandings, to show how much He loves us and thus to heal our relationship with the infinite God in whom we can find eternal life.

Last edited:

samaste.march

"Jesus Christ is my lord and savior" this is one of the word, which believe protestants and catholics. And also Pentecosts. This sentence gives faith and peace for who believe in Jesus.

James C

hopefully we can agree that this statment is 10000000000% true: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life jhon 3:16