• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Producing life from non living matter

leibowde84

Veteran Member
You believe that scientists need a long time of study and experiments to create life
and still believe that the inanimate nature did it without any plans or science.
It had billions of years and natural selection as a driving force. So, no, I don't think there is any need for a conscious plan behind it.

So, again I ask, where's your evidence beyond your mere opinion? You state it as fact and then try to say it's common sense, so it should be easy to provide evidence.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
It had billions of years and natural selection as a driving force. So, no, I don't think there is any need for a conscious plan behind it.

So we need billions of years to study how to create life since life was created within billions
of years without the need of any plan or design.

You believe that it just happened to be so without the need of any plans or designs, this to me
isn't science but rubbish.

So, again I ask, where's your evidence beyond your mere opinion? You state it as fact and then try to say it's common sense, so it should be easy to provide evidence.

Evidence for what?

Kirran

Premium Member
God asked us to use our minds and I do.

Yeah, sure. But experiencing God, and knowing God, seems far superior to me than simply believing in God.

And they're still humans, and the true God is challenging them of creating a fly,
let me ask you then if such challenge were made in other books for creating life.

Where in the Qur'an does it say humans are challenged to create a fly?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yeah, sure. But experiencing God, and knowing God, seems far superior to me than simply believing in God.

No one knows God, we need proof and common sense, but thats me.

Where in the Qur'an does it say humans are challenged to create a fly?

God asked those who don't believe in the creator(God) to collect themselves and to accept the
challenge of creating one fly, and God knows they won't do it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I didn't say there are no examples, but I said discussing them is useless.

Yet you fail to justify your claim. Its almost as though you know that you have no verifiable examples and are too religious to admit it.

Kirran

Premium Member
No one knows God, we need proof and common sense, but thats me.

This seems to me an egotistic approach, although of course I acknowledge it is not one all of your co-religionists share. Gimme some of dat Sufism.

God asked those who don't believe in the creator(God) to collect themselves and to accept the
challenge of creating one fly, and God knows they won't do it.

Where does it say that in the Qur'an?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yet you fail to justify your claim. Its almost as though you know that you have no verifiable examples and are too religious to admit it.

As I said to you what I see as evidence the others see it as coincidence, as an example but not limited to,
the establishment of Israel and for the Jews to have the power near the end of time is promised to happen
and this is foretold even in the bible, for some, it's a coincidence, but for me, it's God's promise.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Where does it say that in the Qur'an?

O people, an example is presented, so listen to it. Indeed, those you invoke besides Allah will never create [as much as] a fly, even if they gathered together for that purpose. And if the fly should steal away from them a [tiny] thing, they could not recover it from him. Weak are the pursuer and pursued.(22:73)

Kirran

Premium Member
O people, an example is presented, so listen to it. Indeed, those you invoke besides Allah will never create [as much as] a fly, even if they gathered together for that purpose. And if the fly should steal away from them a [tiny] thing, they could not recover it from him. Weak are the pursuer and pursued.(22:73)

^

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
As I said to you what I see as evidence the others see it as coincidence, as an example but not limited to,
the establishment of Israel and for the Jews to have the power near the end of time is promised to happen
and this is foretold even in the bible, for some, it's a coincidence, but for me, it's God's promise.

Evidence : the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

So Israel is nothing to do with who fought on which side during ww2

As for gods promise,nowhere in the Bible is any passage attributed to god. Only third party comment. So also not evidence.

You have your faith, you don't have evidence.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Evidence : the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

So Israel is nothing to do with who fought on which side during ww2

As for gods promise,nowhere in the Bible is any passage attributed to god. Only third party comment. So also not evidence.

You have your faith, you don't have evidence.

I know it isn't evidence for you which isn't the case for me, no not faith but a tiny evidence among many.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Are you really not seeing that this verse is referring to "those you invoke besides Allah"?

It's about who believe it isn't the work of God, like some believe it's the work of nature,
but God when asked all of them combined then it's about a conscious being that can
gather and think and accept the challenge, so do you think the unconscious nature should
accept the challenge or the idols.

Kirran

Premium Member
It's about who believe it isn't the work of God, like some believe it's the work of nature,
but God when asked all of them combined then it's about a conscious being that can
gather and think and accept the challenge, so do you think the unconscious nature should
accept the challenge or the idols.

Well the passage seems to very clearly refer to gods worshipped aside from Allah. It's not even a challenge, it's just saying 'Look, God has created all this! These false deities couldn't create anything'.