• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Producing life from non living matter

Kirran

Premium Member
Even more evidence that God did it.

This seems simplistic. Scientists can very easily replicate the processes by which DNA is produced from these lifeless chemicals. It's been a routine procedure for decades. I have done it myself in the lab more times than I can count.

omega2xx

I was referring to the OPer's assertion that if a fly were to be created by humans it would disprove God. I disagree entirely with that, personally.

It is much more than man being about to create life. Even if man can create life, he still can't explain how matter, energy and the elements of life came into being.

omega2xx

This seems simplistic. Scientists can very easily replicate the processes by which DNA is produced from these lifeless chemicals. It's been a routine procedure for decades. I have done it myself in the lab more times than I can count.

You can't start with lifeless elements and create life. Man can't create DNA. The things you have done started with what already contained some elements of life.

Kirran

Premium Member
It is much more than man being about to create life. Even if man can create life, he still can't explain how matter, energy and the elements of life came into being.

Well yeah, I'm no atheist, I was just responding to the OPer's claims.

You can't start with lifeless elements and create life. Man can't create DNA. The things you have done started with what already contained some elements of life.

Do adenine, thymine, guanine, cytosine, phosphate groups and ribose sugars contain some "elements of life"?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Right, either way, it seems a fragile relationship with God that would be sundered by something so trivial.

Many people look for a proof that God does exist, not all of humans just believe in blind faith,
challenging the disbelievers and the skeptics to create one fly is very rational IMO,
God didn't challenge humans to make something that can fly, or something that can go faster than the
horse because he knows they'll do, but he challenged humans to do a thing that he knows they won't do.

DavidFirth

If life wasn't a product done by a creator, then what prevents us from creating it
the same way as it has been done by the unconscious nature.

This challenge was offered by God thousands years ago, as to create living creatures, can we?

I don't think so. Scientists may be able to create something similar to what we say is "life" but they'll never be able to create life from non-life as we know it. That's my 2 cents.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Also, dude - O people, an example is presented, so listen to it. Indeed, those you invoke besides Allah will never create [as much as] a fly, even if they gathered together for that purpose. And if the fly should steal away from them a [tiny] thing, they could not recover it from him. Weak are the pursuer and pursued.(22:73)

Isn't this talking about other deities, rather than about scientists and such? Who invokes scientists?

"Will never", is future tense.

Scientists can't work it alone, such projects are financed by the others as well.
Humans failed to bring life to the lifeless, God asked them to join together to
create a fly, scientists and not scientists.

Kirran

Premium Member
Many people look for a proof that God does exist, not all of humans just believe in blind faith,
challenging the disbelievers and the skeptics to create one fly is very rational IMO,
God didn't challenge humans to make something that can fly, or something that can go faster than the
horse because he knows they'll do, but he challenged humans to do a thing that he knows they won't do.

Experience God for yourself. Don't believe in Him by inference or mental rationalism.

"Will never", is future tense.

Scientists can't work it alone, such projects are financed by the others as well.
Humans failed to bring life to the lifeless, God asked them to join together to
create a fly, scientists and not scientists.

The verse doesn't refer to humans, scientists or otherwise. It refers to "those you invoke" i.e. false gods.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Experience God for yourself. Don't believe in Him by inference or mental rationalism.

God asked us to use our minds and I do.

The verse doesn't refer to humans, scientists or otherwise. It refers to "those you invoke" i.e. false gods.

And they're still humans, and the true God is challenging them of creating a fly,
let me ask you then if such challenge were made in other books for creating life.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This have been discussed many times and I don't want to repeat it because what I see as a sign
the others see it happening by accident, so it's useless, believe me.

No examples then? Fair enough

leibowde84

Veteran Member
It is not because they failed, it is not because they are not very intelligent. It is because IMO, only God can create life out of what is lifeless. The fact that they are very intelligent and have all kinds of good equipment, seems to reinforce my opinion. I don't see where they have moved the needle one point in the direction of creating life.
Then you simply aren't looking hard enough. Science in this area is advancing every day. It is ludicrous to try to put limits on future developments. The idea that, "if they haven't done it by now they are never going to do it", is an insult toward education and human advancement in general.

It's almost as ludicrous as saying, "since we haven't found aliens yet, they must not exist".

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Then you simply aren't looking hard enough. Science in this area is advancing every day. It is ludicrous to try to put limits on future developments. The idea that, "if they haven't done it by now they are never going to do it", is an insult toward education and human advancement in general.

It's almost as ludicrous as saying, "since we haven't found aliens yet, they must not exist".

But the unconscious nature did it without science.