• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proctor & Gamble

Lightkeeper

I heard a minister on a Christian Family Radio show today ask his audience to boycott all Proctor and Gamble products. His reason was that Proctor and Gamble supports Gay Marriage. He thinks Gay Marriage is a threat to the family. Hearing this I will increase my Proctor and Gamble purchases and donate products to Gay families.

You would think his listerners would ask, what is wrong with this picture? A Christian Minister is boycotting a company for being Christian like. I thought this man was carrying his mission too far. I personally will support Proctor and Gamble. What do you think about this?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Of course, the preacher has a legal right to ask his audience to boycott Proctor and Gamble products. But I think it's a very obnoxious thing for him to ask. Proctor and Gamble is doing the sensible thing in supporting gay marriage. I buy Proctor and Gamble products and will continue to buy them. That preacher is barking at the moon.

Scott1

Hearing this I will increase my Proctor and Gamble purchases and donate products to Gay families.
Hmmmm.... you seem to be doing the same thing the preacher did.... only in reverse. Should I ask what's wrong with this picture?

A Christian Minister is boycotting a company for being Christian like.
Gay marriage is NOT Christian. You may not agree with it, but it is still the truth.

In case you are wondering: ... I will continue to buy P&G products.

Peace,
Scott

Lightkeeper

SOGFPP said:
Hmmmm.... you seem to be doing the same thing the preacher did.... only in reverse. Should I ask what's wrong with this picture?
This doesn't make sense.

Gay marriage is NOT Christian. You may not agree with it, but it is still the truth.

In case you are wondering: ... I will continue to buy P&G products.

Peace,
Scott
In this day and age Scott it depends on which Christian Church you attend.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Supporting gay marriage is not Biblical. However, I am already boycotting too many companies to be bothered with another one at the moment. Sometimes you have to choose your battles. I am not for gay marriage, but I think some people's objections to it are based on hatred instead of reason. My opposition is financial. I don't want gay couples, or any couples that aren't going to raise children, to get a tax break that was intended for people raising children. Tax money is already being wasted right and left though, and I don't know why people aren't taking a stand on that.

Morally, the sanctity of marriage is already pretty much kaput in America. When more than 50% of people are getting divorced (and Christians are no exception there), most within the first year, I find it odd that Christians talk about gay people being the ones to destroy the family.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
johnnys4life said:
I don't want gay couples, or any couples that aren't going to raise children, to get a tax break that was intended for people raising children.
Many gay couples do raise children, (including me), so what about these families? But even if couples do not choose to raise children (het or gay) what makes you they want to get married to get tax breaks that were intended for people raising children?
Morally, the sanctity of marriage is already pretty much kaput in America. When more than 50% of people are getting divorced (and Christians are no exception there), most within the first year, I find it odd that Christians talk about gay people being the ones to destroy the family.
Very true.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
johnnys4life said:
Tax money is already being wasted right and left though, and I don't know why people aren't taking a stand on that.

I'm glad to know that you think tax money spent on my family is wasted.