• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Problems with Adventist futurism

Good-Ole-Rebel

LaHaye, Falwell, Scofield, and Darby are Dispensationalists.

Dispensationalism - TheocracyWatch
theocracywatch.org/christian_zionism_dispensationalism.htm
Dispensationalism is a system of theology that was first popularized by John Nelson Darby, 19th century British evangelist and forerunner of modern Christian fundamentalism.

Dispensationalism
divides the entirety of history into seven dispensations , …

Yes, I know.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Iymus

I read on external link and belive would have been nicer if specifics or an example had been given

You replied
"The entire Left Behind scenario is built upon the concept of a nightmarish 'seven-year tribulation' supposedly predicted to follow a 'secret rapture,' or the vanishing of Christians worldwide.

I replied
Did that doctrine originate with Seventh Day Adventists?

The reason I asked if the doctrine originated with Seventh Day Adventists is because thread is named "Problems with Adventist Futurism".

I would have to reference material but if I am not mistaken the Left Behind Doctrine originated with a Jesuit which is said to be an order of Roman Catholic priest. Specific jesuit mentioned but his name alludes me right now.

sooda

Veteran Member
You replied

I replied

The reason I asked if the doctrine originated with Seventh Day Adventists is because thread is named "Problems with Adventist Futurism".

I would have to reference material but if I am not mistaken the Left Behind Doctrine originated with a Jesuit which is said to be an order of Roman Catholic priest. Specific jesuit mentioned but his name alludes me right now.

That's why I posted the link. It was promoted Nelson Darby and picked up by Cyrus Scofield who was hired by Samuel Untermeyer.. Untermyer was the head Zionist in the US... He also blackmailed Woodrow Wilson and declared war on all things German in the spring of 1933 from Madison Square Garden.

Cyrus Scofield went on to found the Dallas Theological Seminary which has promoted the Scofield heresy throughout Protestantism.

Good-Ole-Rebel

That's why I posted the link. It was promoted Nelson Darby and picked up by Cyrus Scofield who was hired by Samuel Untermeyer.. Untermyer was the head Zionist in the US... He also blackmailed Woodrow Wilson and declared war on all things German in the spring of 1933 from Madison Square Garden.

Cyrus Scofield went on to found the Dallas Theological Seminary which has promoted the Scofield heresy throughout Protestantism.

More propaganda. I have told you before that Scofield did not found DTS.

Your first paragraph is so general and confusing in its presentation, that one can't tell what you are really saying. Do you believe writing in such a way keeps you safe?

Good-Ole-Rebel