• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Problem/No Problem

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Do problems exist only in the mind? Are there any problems in Nature?

pexels-inzmam-khan-1134204.jpg
Photo by Inzmam Khan from Pexels

MatthewA

Do you think Salty Booger, Some problems are materially needed to be sorted/structured out?

What do you mean about nature?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Do you think Salty Booger, Some problems are materially needed to be sorted/structured out?

What do you mean about nature?
Problems appear to be manmade. Nature simply exists as it is. If a tree falls over, nature will simply carry on; whereas, men with chainsaws would swarm around it, cut into parts, and haul it away.

MatthewA

Problems appear to be manmade. Nature simply exists as it is. If a tree falls over, nature will simply carry on; whereas, men with chainsaws would swarm around it, cut into parts, and haul it away.

Seems to be many choices in the way of man; compared to nature it does it's own thing; though just as man does his own thing.

Thank you for explaining more Salty.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Seems to be many choices in the way of man; compared to nature it does it's own thing; though just as man does his own thing.

Thank you for explaining more Salty.
If you simply watch, much of life takes care of itself. I have been working on letting go and stop trying to control life.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Bushfires here kill countless thousands of animals, not just humans. And those that survive commonly have both physical and emotional scars.
Whilst 'nature' as a whole might not have problems, that is because it's not anthropomorphic.
Look at an individual animal and it's quite a different tale.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Bushfires here kill countless thousands of animals, not just humans. And those that survive commonly have both physical and emotional scars.
Whilst 'nature' as a whole might not have problems, that is because it's not anthropomorphic.
Look at an individual animal and it's quite a different tale.
Yet in the larger scheme of things it is just a blip on the radar. Nature caries on regardless and without concern.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do problems exist only in the mind? Are there any problems in Nature?s
Hmm.

I'd say a problem was a set pf facts that needs to be dealt with and is not easy to deal with.

I'd also say a problem is a perception, a subjective judgment.

So yes, they only exist in the mind of the person making the judgment (or, creature making the judgment).

That is, lung cancer isn't a problem until you know you've got lung cancer, or you know you'll have to deal with the lung cancer of X.

Writing 500 words on the coinage of ancient Assyria for tomorrow's seminar isn't a problem till you remember it at 4 am and wake up with a start.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Depends on what you mean by Nature.
If sentient beings aren't being defined as part of Nature, there is also no kindness, love, peace and compassion in Nature.
Why would you identify as anything other than nature? Our existence proves that the Universe is sentient.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Yet in the larger scheme of things it is just a blip on the radar. Nature caries on regardless and without concern.

I'm not sure what 'nature carries on' means, though. Nature doesn't 'care' about my work deadlines I'm currently avoiding by posting here. Nor does it care about a wildebeest who dies from a lack of water. Nor does it care if it's wearing the latest fashion. Nor if it's food is healthy, or laden with fat, or disease.

Nature literally doesn't care about anything.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Why would you identify as anything other than nature? Our existence proves that the Universe is sentient.

It certainly proves there are sentient components to it. Not more than that, I would have thought, although I understand some believe the universe itself is sentient.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
It certainly proves there are sentient components to it. Not more than that, I would have thought, although I understand some believe the universe itself is sentient.
It depends on your view of your place in this Universe, imo. If I create a work of art, it would be intentional on my part.