• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

>Pro-Life Pro-Choice Poll<

Pro Choice Pro Life

• Pro Life

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Pro Choice

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 12.1%

• Total voters

ΩRôghênΩ

Disciple of Light
well i voted pro life. It isnt her body, its the babies too. if we allow pro-choice all over, many women who werent raped etc. will come in and will kill an innocent person because they dont want to be responsible. If you dont want the baby, just have it, then put it up for adoption or give it to another family.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
~Lord Roghen~ said:
well i voted pro life. It isnt her body, its the babies too. if we allow pro-choice all over, many women who werent raped etc. will come in and will kill an innocent person because they dont want to be responsible. If you dont want the baby, just have it, then put it up for adoption or give it to another family.

is thisnot crueler to the child than to kill it before it is conscious?

M

Majikthise

I think it should be pro-choice or pro-I'll tell you what's good for you.:149:
You can figure out how I stand on this form that statement.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
onmybelief said:
But there also is another body to take into consideration as well - the one that is inside the mother.

That's true. But in my opinion, the person who is in the best position to take that "other body" into proper consideration is, not a lawmaker 100 miles away in the state capital, but the mother herself.

The lawmaker can only make a rule that amounts to a one size fits all shoe: He doesn't know the specific circumstances of the mother, he is not intimately familiar with her situation, he has no idea of the condition and health of the fetus, and he cannot reasonably predict the future of a baby born to that mother. The mother, on the other hand, knows all of this and much, much more, and she can make a decision that is far more appropriate to her circumstances, and therefore far more sound, than the lawmaker's.

The lawmaker, when he makes a rule, is subject to the influences, pressures, and bribery of many different interest groups, all of whom have more political clout than the mother, and none of whom are perfectly aligned with the mother's own best interests. So, the rule the lawmaker makes will not be entirely in her best interests either. Yet, the mother herself is in the best position to know her interests and to act on them.

These points were recently illustrated in concrete form when the legistlature of South Dakota passed an amendment to their state constitution placing more extreme limits on abortion than what polls indicate the majority of the citizens of that state favor.

Of course, there are always some women who make a truly foolish decison, but in the end you must either trust in the wisdom of the majority of women directly involved in making these decisions, or you must trust in the alleged wisdom of politicians.

This country was founded on the principle that adults need not be treated like children by their government, but were indeed adults and capable of exercising responsibility and governance over their own lives. It was a radical idea for its time, and apparently it is still a radical idea today, for there are many groups within our society that would prefer, for their own reasons, to upsurp the liberty of Americans to decide their own affairs.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
i always find it interesting how many pro-life men there are....

do they have to carry the baby for 9 months? o.0

Scott1

Um, gee.... guess what I chose.

Love and respect life... from natural conception to natural death.

Peace to all,
Scott

Mike182

Flaming Queer
~Lord Roghen~ said:
what?:areyoucra

what i mean is, if i give birth (hypothetically :biglaugh: ) and give my child away to an adoption agency, or a foster home, can i be sure the child will be cared for? no, i can't, i also can't garuntee that childs safety, nor can i garuntee its happiness - surely it woudl be more responsible to abort the child than it would be to just give it away afterwards - i know they don't equate to the same thing, but either way, you are getting rid of the child, so why let it go to people you don't know and can't trust to look after the childs welfare?

i would make it clear that i am not arguing my view here, im just arguing :D

DakotaGypsy

Mike182 said:
i personally am pro life, but i voted pro choice, because my personal morality should not influence someone elses decision.
I commend you on your position, Mike.

And, if you were a woman and chose to continue a pregnancy whatever the circumstances, I would respect your personal choice to do so.