• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro-choice vs Abortion

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
PRO:
I am pro-choice, not because I encourage women to have abortions, but because I reserve the right to not have abortions.

Legislation takes the right away.
I'm beyond pro-choice at this point. Sometimes an abortion is the best thing in various situations. Children should only be brought into the world if they're healthy and wanted in a stable, loving household. Otherwise, it's really not worth it, imo, because the chances of them being messed up are too high. It strikes me as a sick joke when anti-abortion types promote putting babies up for adoption rather than aborting them since kids given up for adoption are often abused in foster care and orphanages. There's other psychological problems adopted kids and even adults can have, too, so they're not really promoting compassion there. Of course, abortion should ideally be a last resort and people should have free access to other birth control and knowledge to use it correctly. Some people should just get sterilized, as well. Licensing people to have kids is probably a good idea.

Last edited:

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Yet another reason there is no God. The moral implications of abortion. I am pro choice in certain situations. Pro life in other situations.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I'm beyond pro-choice at this point. Sometimes an abortion is the best thing in various situations. Children should only be brought into the world if they're healthy and wanted in a stable, loving household. Otherwise, it's really not worth it, imo, because the chances of them being messed up are too high. It strikes me as a sick joke when anti-abortion types promote putting babies up for adoption rather than aborting them since kids given up for adoption are often abused in foster care and orphanages. There's other psychological problems adopted kids and even adults can have, too, so they're not really promoting compassion there. Of course, abortion should ideally be a last resort and people should have free access to other birth control and knowledge to use it correctly. Some people should just get sterilized, as well. Licensing people to have kids is probably a good idea.
Pro-choice is simply not legislating any of that.

As long as the government has no say in what you do, you have choice.

UpperLimits

... It strikes me as a sick joke when anti-abortion types promote putting babies up for adoption rather than aborting them since kids given up for adoption are often abused in foster care and orphanages. ...
Say what you will. My wife and I tried to adopt but were unable to do so. Seems there's a bit of a shortage of adoptable babies in our area.... It appears they're all* being aborted.

(* for the sake of those who don't understand how to read hyperbole.)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Say what you will. My wife and I tried to adopt but were unable to do so. Seems there's a bit of a shortage of adoptable babies in our area.... It appears they're all* being aborted.

Unfortunate. I do think it should be easier to adopt. Older kids and teens need homes, as well.

Bob the Unbeliever

Well, naturally--- nobody wants to adopt the brown ones, or the girls. It's always a pale boy, preferably with blue eyes and blonde hair, amIright?

Worse-- the way adoption is set up in the USA? It cost incredible sums of cash-money.... even to the birth mother who just wants to give it away-- noooo! Expensive. Much-MUCH money to be made here-- but the pregnant women get NOTHING, and the adopting parents must pay a FORTUNE. Where is all that money going? GREED is alive and well.

The WORST OF THE WORST? Are those "adoption" agencies who are ostentatiously religious-- and if you do not match their Perfect Parent Profile? Forgetaboutit-- even AFTER paying a fortune, they can never seem to find one for YOU.

So....

UpperLimits

Well, naturally--- nobody wants to adopt the brown ones, or the girls. It's always a pale boy, preferably with blue eyes and blonde hair, amIright?

Frankly, we would not have cared if the kid was plaid with antennas sticking out his backside. We simply wanted a child.

Worse-- the way adoption is set up in the USA? It cost incredible sums of cash-money.... even to the birth mother who just wants to give it away-- noooo! Expensive. Much-MUCH money to be made here-- but the pregnant women get NOTHING, and the adopting parents must pay a FORTUNE. Where is all that money going? GREED is alive and well.

It's slightly different in Canada. Government is no charge. Private agencies cost a bit, usually done for cost, plus a donation to the organization. But all adoptions need to be approved by the government agency anyways. It's also illegal to pay the mother.

The WORST OF THE WORST? Are those "adoption" agencies who are ostentatiously religious-- and if you do not match their Perfect Parent Profile? Forgetaboutit-- even AFTER paying a fortune, they can never seem to find one for YOU.

So....

Don't bet on it. We were dealing with the government agency. And apparently, we didn't match their "Perfect Parent Profile" either, because the agent we were dealing with (who is supposed to be neutral in these cases) just happened to have a beef against Christians. (That became rather apparent when we reviewed the interview papers. He said some "off the record" stuff, too.)

Prestor John

Jesus never existed. Joseph is simply a character out of your Big Book Of Myth-- and also never existed.

We have quite complete histories of ancient Egypt-- no Jewish Joseph in there.

So your "examples" do not work in the real world.
Joseph wasn't a Jew.

You have just as much probably of proving that neither Jesus or Joseph existed than anyone has to prove that they did.

Instead of accepting that fact - you mock those you disagree with.