• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro-choice and antivaxers. There's a difference.

We Never Know

No Slack
Pro-choice are people who are not at a comfortable point yet for reasons such a not FDA approved, have had covid, etc.

Anti-vaxers won't ever take it. They say it will make you sick or kill you. Has a chip in it, etc.

Know the difference and the reasons why someone hasn't took the vaccine yet instead of attacking and falsely accusing them.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Know the difference and the reasons why someone hasn't took the vaccine yet instead of attacking and falsely accusing them.

But then I won't know how to spend my weekend...

images (1).jpeg

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Pro-choice are people who are not at a comfortable point yet for reasons such a not FDA approved, have had covid, etc.

Anti-vaxers won't ever take it. They say it will make you sick or kill you. Has a chip in it, etc.

The virus doesn't care what someone's reasons are. It'll infect them all the same.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Yep. Even vaccinated or not.
But there's a massive difference in what happens to that virus upon infecting a vaccinated vs. an unvaccinated person. To anthropomorphize....

A virus after infecting a vaccinated person: "Crap! I guess that's about as far as I'll go."

A virus after infecting an unvaccinated person: "Awesome! Thanks for not getting vaccinated! Now it's time to party!"

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Prochoice?

ecco

Veteran Member

One can read and understand the comments posted by the "not me" crowd. That gives insight into the right way to attack their beliefs without doing anything falsely.

We Never Know

No Slack
But there's a massive difference in what happens to that virus upon infecting a vaccinated vs. an unvaccinated person. To anthropomorphize....

A virus after infecting a vaccinated person: "Crap! I guess that's about as far as I'll go."

A virus after infecting an unvaccinated person: "Awesome! Thanks for not getting vaccinated! Now it's time to party!"

Whats the research from someone already having covid vs someone vaccinated?

We Never Know

No Slack
I haven't looked at any on that specific question. I've seen headlines, but didn't read the articles.

There isn't much out there on vaccinatrd vs already had. But there are studies of a few being re-infected and faring well.

A recent study led by Public Health England (PHE) shows most people who have had the virus are protected from catching it again for at least five months (the duration of the analysis so far).

https://www-bbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.com/news/health-52446965.amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#aoh=16274204875810&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52446965

There have been sporadic accounts on social media sites of people who say they’ve gotten COVID twice. But scientists have been skeptical about that possibility, saying there’s no evidence it happens.

The new proof comes from a 33-year-old man in Hong Kong who first caught COVID-19 in March. He was tested for the coronavirus after he developed a cough, sore throat, fever, and a headache for 3 days. He stayed in the hospital until he twice tested negative for the virus in mid-April.

On Aug. 15, the man returned to Hong Kong from a recent trip to Spain and the U.K., areas that have recently seen a resurgence of COVID-19 cases. At the airport, he was screened for COVID-19 using a test that checks saliva for the virus. He tested positive, but this time, had no symptoms. He was taken to the hospital for monitoring. His viral load -- the amount of virus he had in his body -- went down over time, suggesting that his immune system was taking care of the intrusion on its own.

Study Confirms It’s Possible to Catch COVID Twice

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yep. Even vaccinated or not.
As someone who is vaccinated my chances of catching covid are significantly diminished. The risk of severe symptoms requiring hospitalization is significantly diminished. The chances of death are significantly diminished. And even if I do get it the viral load is significantly diminished and I'm far less contagious than someone who isn't vaccinated. As well, a lower viral load means a lesser chance of viral mutations. Less contagious means less chances for the virus to mutate.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Or, let's look at places like Missouri that have low vaccination rate. Covid is still raging in those places. It doesn't matter what "camp," the unvaccinated (period) are THE reason this is still an issue. If everybody got vaccinated we'd be past this and moving beyond it. But we're still stuck because of people who, for one reason or another, would rather act irresponsibly and put themselves above the needs of so many others and give tons and loads and endless excuses to not do what they should.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Whats the research from someone already having covid vs someone vaccinated?
The research says that the vaccines seem to be about 90% effective at preventing severe disease, i.e. your chance of severe disease if you catch the virus is reduced to 10% or so of what would be without vaccination. The UK data on hospital admissions is consistent with this.

We Never Know

No Slack
As someone who is vaccinated my chances of catching covid are significantly diminished. The risk of severe symptoms requiring hospitalization is significantly diminished. The chances of death are significantly diminished. And even if I do get it the viral load is significantly diminished and I'm far less contagious than someone who isn't vaccinated. As well, a lower viral load means a lesser chance of viral mutations. Less contagious means less chances for the virus to mutate.

I'm someone who already had it. See above post

We Never Know

No Slack
The research says that the vaccines seem to be about 90% effective at preventing severe disease, i.e. your chance of severe disease if you catch the virus is reduced to 10% or so of what would be without vaccination. The UK data on hospital admissions is consistent with this.
Thats not comparing it to/with someone who has already had it is it?