• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prince Andrew: Epstein Scandal

exchemist

Veteran Member
It gets worse, apparently.........

(You need to click on the file - I could not post the pic directly for some reason)

ff2c765f-277b-4859-b99e-2364db8f502c

Attachments

• Untitled.pdf
    70.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
He is a good argument for doing away with the monarchy
.......or at least cutting it down to those of the scale of the Netherlands or Scandinavian monarchies. This guy has lived a playboy existence all his life on the income from the Crown's vast land ownership and our taxes, and does precious little to justify his existence. A sort of Bertie Wooster parasite on society, really.

Mind you, even if he did go to bed with this girl, it was in the UK where the age of consent is 16, instead of the ridiculous 18 it is in the USA, and she is not alleging rape, so there's no crime. It's just highly peculiar that, as a public figure, he chose to keep up a friendship with Epstein after the guy had actually been done for having sex with underage (in the US) girls.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

(You need to click on the file - I could not post the pic directly for some reason)

I only watched ten minutes of the interview which was cringe worthy,I felt I was looking at a guilty man.

I agree with downsizing the royal family,brings to mind a fire straights song money for nothing and your chicks for free".

Altfish

Veteran Member
.......or at least cutting it down to those of the scale of the Netherlands or Scandinavian monarchies. This guy has lived a playboy existence all his life on the income from the Crown's vast land ownership and our taxes, and does precious little to justify his existence. A sort of Bertie Wooster parasite on society, really.

Mind you, even if he did go to bed with this girl, it was in the UK where the age of consent is 16, instead of the ridiculous 18 it is in the USA, and she is not alleging rape, so there's no crime. It's just highly peculiar that, as a public figure, he chose to keep up a friendship with Epstein after the guy had actually been done for having sex with underage (in the US) girls.
I think the age of consent is another debate altogether.
It is somewhat mixed up in the UK ..
You need to be 18 to vote
You need to be 17 to drive a car
You need to be 16 to consent to sex with a 40-year old
You pay tax at 16 if you have a job
You can join the army at 16
You are criminally responsible at the age of 10
You can be prosecuted from the age of 12

exchemist

Veteran Member
I think it is ludicrous - and manifestly quite unenforceable - for a person not to be able to have sex lawfully until 18.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I think it is ludicrous - and manifestly quite unenforceable - for a person not to be able to have sex lawfully until 18.
To be fair, the police would not get involved with (say) two 15-year olds indulging. I doubt they'd be greatly worried by a 16-year old having sex with a 15 year old.
It is the age difference that causes the concern

exchemist

Veteran Member
To be fair, the police would not get involved with (say) two 15-year olds indulging. I doubt they'd be greatly worried by a 16-year old having sex with a 15 year old.
It is the age difference that causes the concern
I think it would be a huge mistake for the law to get involved in rules based on age difference. It would be quite arbitrary and unfair.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I think it would be a huge mistake for the law to get involved in rules based on age difference. It would be quite arbitrary and unfair.
Which is why they have the age of 16; it is fairly arbitrary but you have to set it somewhere.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Holy frijole! The high and mighty sure have their wild parties.

I think the public enjoys watching celebrities fall into disgrace, probably because they keep reminding us just how ordinary and mundane our lives truly are. We need endless drama and entertainment to keep us distracted.

Don't get me wrong. I'm certainly glad that justice is being served and the victims are finally getting their due in court - even if the "big fish" cheated the hangman (although the fallout from that is still going on).

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

I think it might be if she was seen to have been prostituted.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

But a doctor will prescribe the pill for a 14-year-old - as seen on TV. :oops:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
One hopes that he/she had good cause to do so.

She had a boyfriend, probably around her age but she didn't have to give any details. She's hardly the first. Doctors - some it seems - will do this from the health aspect for the girls and they seemingly are allowed to do so without being prosecuted. Kids will have sex before 16 - apparently about 25% of girls - so not much can be done apart from trying to persuade them to wait. A bit pointless attempting to prosecute them.