• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Priest who supports gay marriage will not submit

ZooGirl02

Personally, I don't blame him for not wanting to submit and I applaud him for not submitting. I mean, I truly believe that the Catholic Church is wrong on so many things and this is one of them. Gays should have just as much right to marry as straight people.

Smoke

Done here.
If he accepts the dogma of the Church
on gay marriage then how could he possibly
support it politically? After all, he would be
supporting something he considers immoral,
unnatural and abberant.
You cannot have it both ways.
Is it, then, the dogma of the Church of Rome that people -- even people outside the Church -- must be forced against their will to obey the Church? Because that's the only doctrine he's denying.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I believe that the Church will never
change its teaching concerning this matter.
Why? Because the Church's opposition is immbedded in the
moral and natural laws. These are unchangeable.

Unless, of course, they become inconvenient to the church leaders at some point in the future ...

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I believe that the Church will never
change its teaching concerning this matter.
Why? Because the Church's opposition is immbedded in the
moral and natural laws. These are unchangeable.
It used to be that you couldn't eat meat on a Friday.
Then one day the pope decided (perhaps after deep contemplation alongside a hamburger, one Friday afternoon) you were allowed to, that it didn't really make too much difference what days of the week you ate meat.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
unnatural and abberant.

Luckily, not everyone thinks that their beliefs and dogmas should be applied to the world-at-large through force.
The priest might truly agree with the church and consider same-sex marriage as immoral.
He (apparently) also thinks that those outside of his church should not be forced to share that in that belief.
And that's a stance I can agree with.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
unnatural and abberant.

It is possible to disapprove of yet allow something at the same time. For example, I think your religion is garbage, but I still support your right to believe and practice your faith as you wish (as long as you do not violate the rights of others in the process).