• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Priest who supports gay marriage will not submit

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I hope you are not conflating two issues here. Homosexuality is a behavior, it is not a race or gender. Believe it or not but there are former homosexuals, but there are not former African-Americans (obviously there is gender reassignment, but you don't choose the gender you are born with).

The way you slander it, makes it seem like a disease. Homosexuality is the same as hetrosexuality, with obvious differences. There are also former heterosexuals FYI.

And on a biological level the two different genders compliment each other in a way that homosexual relationships cannot; allowing for the creation of life. I think this makes it pretty obvious that heterosxual relationships are superior to homosexual relationships because the creation of life is obviously superior to the inability to create life.

Creation of life is nothing special. We're over populated. Hetero relationships are just relationships, nothing extra-ordinary. The sad fact is you feel the need to point out what you have. Do you need to feel superior? Does slandering homosexuals make you sleep at night?

Facts: Love is love. Love isn't always about pro-creating. Genetically there is nothing inferior about homosexuals. There are enough surplus children out there even if homosexuals choose not to start a family.

The funny thing is homosexuals can reproduce. But you neglected to mention that didn't you :rolleyes:

The only thing inferior about heterosexuals is the percentage of them who think its their job to try and be somewhat superior, its sad, grow up.

I think your case needs a little work. All you have is that homosexuals are people (proves nothing) and their relationships are private (also proves nothing). Somehow this is self-evident? You'll have to do better than that.

Your arguement is tired and rude. Your outlook on these people is sad. Your evident need to feel superior is simply disappointing.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Hi Ordeet,

First, curse the day we have a Catholic government.

Second, Catholicism is a religion you freely join or not join. Therefore, there is no connection between government and Catholicism. Governments, by definition, having a monopoly on power, the RCC does not have this (although the Vatican is its own nation-state if I am not mistaken).

Ok, so be pedantic if you want. Can you really not see what Ordeet's trying to ask you?

Say I went to a church of some sort, who said that you can be Catholic, just not perform catholic acts... etc etc.

Real answer please, without the nitpicking. This is about one person or organisation saying that you shouldn't do what is in fact simply a part of who you are. Can you put yourself in those shoes? Can you empathise with this?

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
Hi dark,

The way you slander it, makes it seem like a disease. Homosexuality is the same as hetrosexuality, with obvious differences. There are also former heterosexuals FYI.

A touch too senstive are we, by calling homosexuality a behavior I am slandering it? I didn't know you could slander a word.

Creation of life is nothing special.

I beg to differ.

Do you need to feel superior? Does slandering homosexuals make you sleep at night?

LOL! Sure, whatever you say.

Your arguement is tired and rude. Your outlook on these people is sad. Your evident need to feel superior is simply disappointing.

Another weak case made for the pro-gay crowd.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
A touch too senstive are we, by calling homosexuality a behavior I am slandering it? I didn't know you could slander a word.

Its not a specific word, your whole post has a tone to it. People like you just really make me hate religious institutions for what they create, which is bigotted, ignorant and offensive people in moderate cases, and a useless waste of organs in extreme cases.

I beg to differ.

Then stay up on your high horse.

Its funny how you didn't challenge that gays can reproduce.

LOL! Sure, whatever you say.

I take that as a yes.

Another weak case made for the pro-gay crowd.

I'm not pro-gay i'm anti "pathetic-religious-based-excuses." I support gays because personally they are just people like you and me, what they do in private is of no concern to me or you for that matter. Why would i have something against my fellow man who has not affected me? Have gays affected your way of life? Are you still angry that black people are stealing your jobs :rolleyes:

The reason i get peeved at people like you is because you don;'t care how offensive you are to homosexuals as long as you please your God. It really bothers me that people in this day and age can be so childish and still demand respect as people and as an institution.

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
Hi Meth,

Ok, so be pedantic if you want. Can you really not see what Ordeet's trying to ask you?

What Ordeet asked was logically incoherent because the essential structures of a government and RCC are totally different.

Say I went to a church of some sort, who said that you can be Catholic, just not perform catholic acts... etc etc.

First, I wouldn't know what that means. But if there was a great conflict I would leave. Of course this is the dilemma; a person cannot be a practicing homosexual and follow the RCC's teachings. They are in complete conflict, you would have to choose one or the other.

Real answer please, without the nitpicking. This is about one person or organisation saying that you shouldn't do what is in fact simply a part of who you are. Can you put yourself in those shoes? Can you empathise with this?

Well, that's the assumption from our culture. That homosexuality, for some people is just who they are. I reject that assumption. I don't think that it has been proven whether homosexuality is genetic, hormonal or environmental (or some combination). And I am not suggesting that rejecting homosexuality is easy, but that is besides the point.

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
Hi dark,

Its not a specific word, your whole post has a tone to it. People like you just really make me hate religious institutions for what they create, which is bigotted, ignorant and offensive people in moderate cases, and a useless waste of organs in extreme cases.

Wow, you gleaned that from reading a few internet posts from me? You are a modicum of rationality.

Its funny how you didn't challenge that gays can reproduce.

I'm talking about the two homosexuals engaging in sexual intercourse. This cannot lead to the creation of life. Unless you have discovered something new.

I take that as a yes

I knew you would.

I'm not pro-gay i'm anti "pathetic-religious-based-excuses." I support gays because personally they are just people like you and me, what they do in private is of no concern to me or you for that matter. Why would i have something against my fellow man who has not affected me? Have gays affected your way of life? Are you still angry that black people are stealing your jobs :rolleyes:

The reason i get peeved at people like you is because you don;'t care how offensive you are to homosexuals as long as you please your God. It really bothers me that people in this day and age can be so childish and still demand respect as people and as an institution.

You should read up on what the RCC teaches about homosexuality. It would dispel a lot of ignorance you have about the subject even if it doesn't change your mind about the morality of homosexuality.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't believe the government should be able to force any private organization to change their rules or to accept members they do not wish to.

Last edited:

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Wow, you gleaned that from reading a few internet posts from me? You are a modicum of rationality.

Your view is far from original. If i had a dollar for every time someone used your arguements i'd be a rich man. You're no different to every other person i've seen in this position. Religion clouds your mind and passes a judgement on people you don't know.

I'm talking about the two homosexuals engaging in sexual intercourse. This cannot lead to the creation of life. Unless you have discovered something new.

No. Welcome to the 21st century, not many people still have sex for creation purposes unless its planned.
That doesn't stop homosexuals having a family either. There are other options.

You should read up on what the RCC teaches about homosexuality. It would dispel a lot of ignorance you have about the subject even if it doesn't change your mind about the morality of homosexuality.

Oh Jesus the irony in the first sentence.

Its pretty clear from your posts as well as those from numerous other bigots out there. When your church enters the real world and starts preaching love for people unconditionally instead of love for those who adhere to >insert stupid rules here< i'll start respecting it.

Your church has no right to speak about morality. There is hardly anything moral about slandering homosexuals because of what they do. Its up to God what happens to them and not you or any other catholic out there.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
And on a biological level the two different genders compliment each other in a way that homosexual relationships cannot; allowing for the creation of life. I think this makes it pretty obvious that heterosxual relationships are superior to homosexual relationships because the creation of life is obviously superior to the inability to create life.

How exactly is that a positive trait? There is more to relationships than mindlessly breeding like fruit flies. I'm a heterosexual male with absolutely no interest in propagating. This planet already has a dire baby surplus, and the ability to contribute to that pile really isn't something I would consider in any way superior or special. That's something I like about homosexuals; they don't contribute to the over-population of this earth. High five, homosexuals.

Smoke

Done here.
Seriously Smoke, waiting for that refutation.
Refutations of all your idiotic arguments are readily available on this site and many others any time you're interested in them. If you're interested, find them. If you're not, why should I waste my time?

And I love the tolerance of the left, you know next to nothing about me and yet you have these fantastic insights at my relation to the truth.
You 1600+ posts on these forums have made your relation to the truth painfully obvious.

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
Hi dark,

No. Welcome to the 21st century, not many people still have sex for creation purposes unless its planned.
That doesn't stop homosexuals having a family either. There are other options.

I take that is an affirmation that homosexual sex cannot produce life.

When your church enters the real world and starts preaching love for people unconditionally instead of love for those who adhere to >insert stupid rules here< i'll start respecting it.

I'm sure glad my church doesn't depend on your rather narrow opinons.

Your church has no right to speak about morality. There is hardly anything moral about slandering homosexuals because of what they do. Its up to God what happens to them and not you or any other catholic out there.

This just shows your ignorance of what the RCC teaches about homosexuality. We don't slander, oppress or discriminate against homoexuals in any way.

Smoke

Done here.
Stop right there...

You do realise there is a difference between the government and a private organisation, correct?

Yes, but the Catholic Church doesn't appear to recognize it, as evidenced in its concerted attempts to force its religious teachings on the general population of many countries.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I take that is an affirmation that homosexual sex cannot produce life.

Man-man cannot. Some some woman to man couples can't either. does your church have a problem with them too?

I'm sure glad my church doesn't depend on your rather narrow opinons.

I promote equality. You promote religious dogma. You're calling me narrow?

This just shows your ignorance of what the RCC teaches about homosexuality. We don't slander, oppress or discriminate against homoexuals in any way.

Yes you do. Are catholic priests allowed to be gay? Does the catholic chruch welcome homosexuals into its congregations? If not thats oppression and discrimination.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Unless the RCC is imposing it's beliefs on people against their will, people choose whether or not to accept their authority, so I wouldn't say they're really oppressing anyone. In my opinion members are better off simply leaving and finding something better if they're displeased with the RCC. Sure, their beliefs are irrational and bigoted, but if you feel that way then why the hell would you want to remain a member in the first place? It's like complaining about the KKK not accepting blacks. Well no ****.

Last edited:

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
Hi Father Heathen,

How exactly is that a positive trait? There is more to relationships than mindlessly breeding like fruit flies. I'm a heterosexual male with absolutely no interest in propagating. This planet already has a dire baby surplus, and the ability to contribute to that pile really isn't something I would consider in any way superior or special. That's something I like about homosexuals; they don't contribute to the over-population of this earth. High five, homosexuals.

It is interesting that some people here actually prefer non-life to life. I prefer life over non-life and the act that produces life in a completely natural way is heterosexual intercourse. Thus, the superiority of heterosexuality compared to homosexuality. If you don't believe that then don't be a Catholic (which I am sure you are not, or believe in any life affirming philosophy). And the act of procreation when done between a husband and a wife is anything but mindless.

And side-note: I believe overpopulation is bunk as well.

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
Hi Smoke,

Refutations of all your idiotic arguments are readily available on this site and many others any time you're interested in them. If you're interested, find them. If you're not, why should I waste my time?

Still waiting, but I will always continue to research and learn about these issues.

You 1600+ posts on these forums have made your relation to the truth painfully obvious.

My relation to the truth is based on the number of posts I make. Thanks for the advice.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Hi Father Heathen,

It is interesting that some people here actually prefer non-life to life. I prefer life over non-life and the act that produces life in a completely natural way is heterosexual intercourse. Thus, the superiority of heterosexuality compared to homosexuality. If you don't believe that then don't be a Catholic (which I am sure you are not, or believe in any life affirming philosophy). And the act of procreation when done between a husband and a wife is anything but mindless.

And side-note: I believe overpopulation is bunk as well.

Well if you're going to talk about superiortity. Heterosexuality creates over-population and leads to the death of the human race. Yup, superiority.

Overpopulation is a fact some people are too ignorant to understand.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It is interesting that some people here actually prefer non-life to life.

What a dishonest twisting of my statement. :rolleyes:
I'm not "anti-life", I just believe that there is far more to love, sex and relationships than merely squeezing out one screaming snotling after another.

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
Hi dark,

Some some woman to man couples can't either. does your church have a problem with them too?

The Church does recognize the unique situation where a couple cannot procreate but still affords the special connection that only a man and woman can have as they become one.

I promote equality. You promote religious dogma. You're calling me narrow?

Yes, you have shown a complete ignorance of the teachings of the RCC regarding homosexuality yet your sweeping statements have been quite confident.

Are catholic priests allowed to be gay?

I do believe we have priests that have homosexual tendencies. But they must remain chaste.

Does the catholic chruch welcome homosexuals into its congregations?

If you are asking of a person can be a practicing homosexual and be in full communion with the Church, probably not. If they don't believe their homosexuality is a sin, then no. This is not oppressive or discriminatory because nobody is forcing them to be a Catholic.