• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pride parade cancelled in Norway after gay club shooting

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
There's gotta be a reason for that then. It's weird that he would go 180 like that.
He is a narcissist and a psychopath. His religious views don't really matter in the long run, because he's ****ed in the head regardless. He apparently lied about being part of some Knights Templar revival group or part of the anti-jihad movement (which is not far-right or neo-Nazi). He tried to present himself a certain way in his manifesto to benefit himself, it seems.

Suave

Simulated character
Its good that the pride parade organisers of Norway put the safety of parade goers first, but a shame that they were forced to shut down the parade due to safety concerns in the wake of a shooting that killed two people at a popular club in Oslo with the LGBTQ community

"Police said the attack was being investigated as an act of terrorism.

...police spokesman Tore Barstad said...

...the motive was not immediately known and it wasn't clear whether the shooting had any connection to the Pride parade.'

Source: Norway Pride parade cancelled after two people are killed in gay nightclub shooting

In my opinion.

Such senseless hatred and violence deeply saddens me,

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Its good that the pride parade organisers of Norway put the safety of parade goers first, but a shame that they were forced to shut down the parade due to safety concerns in the wake of a shooting that killed two people at a popular club in Oslo with the LGBTQ community

...police spokesman Tore Barstad said...

...the motive was not immediately known and it wasn't clear whether the shooting had any connection to the Pride parade.'

Source: Norway Pride parade cancelled after two people are killed in gay nightclub shooting

In my opinion.

We are all human beings. When people start categorising others as non human they justify almost anything even murder in their own sick minds. This judging of others leading to murder makes animals appear more humane than us for they don’t do this sort of thing.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Just read the article. Why attack innocent people? This is so evil. It does not matter what moral beliefs anyone may have - to murder someone on a moral disagreement is pure EVIL.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Why is it being investigated as “terrorism”?
I wondered that too

I read in the article:
"Police have arrested a 42-year-old Norwegian citizen originally from Iran and are investigating the incident as a possible act of terrorism"

It seems, that Iran is linked to "acts of terrorism"

Terrorism: the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

stvdv

Horrible.

"Hail of bullets"....looks like the Wild West is coming to Europe.

Seems terrorism to me also.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I wondered that too

I read in the article:
"Police have arrested a 42-year-old Norwegian citizen originally from Iran and are investigating the incident as a possible act of terrorism"

Terrorism: the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
The man has been Linked to ISIS that is why it has a terror action linked to his action

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
He is a narcissist and a psychopath. His religious views don't really matter in the long run, because he's ****ed in the head regardless. He apparently lied about being part of some Knights Templar revival group or part of the anti-jihad movement (which is not far-right or neo-Nazi). He tried to present himself a certain way in his manifesto to benefit himself, it seems.

Well, psychopaths can use many things to do harm. Religion is only one avenue.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I wondered that too

I read in the article:

I wondered that too

I read in the article:

What irks me about things like this is that the terrorist was probably given refuge in the country after fleeing Iran. This is one reason people don’t want refugees from Muslim countries because the odd extremist slips through. I can’t say that’s right but I can understand people being furious that, after giving refuge to these people, instead of showing gratitude, murder people from the host nation. I would deport him back after serving his sentence. He clearly lacks gratitude for being given asylum which seems to be the case here.

stvdv

What irks me about things like this is that the terrorist was probably given refuge in the country after fleeing Iran. This is one reason people don’t want refugees from Muslim countries because the odd extremist slips through. I can’t say that’s right but I can understand people being furious that, after giving refuge to these people, instead of showing gratitude, murder people from the host nation. I would deport him back after serving his sentence. He clearly lacks gratitude for being given asylum which seems to be the case here.
I totally agree.

And even possible, that he came for that purpose to Europe. That is the problem with such Religions that arrogantly belittle other people or their Faith, claiming theirs is the only or best faith. 100% sure, that one day fanatics stand up and do such stupid things, just in name of their Religion. Sadly there are plenty of such verses in the Koran, so I think in the next few years we might get many more attacks if nothing is done.