• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pretrib, Midtrib, or Postrib Rapture?

Which are you?

• Total voters

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
From:-http://www.rebuff.org/hopes.html (Just to save embarassment for others like me who thought...."what ?""
The pretribulational view is one wherein Christ raptures (takes away to be with him) the Church (those faithful to him) before the anti-Christ comes to power and begins persecuting those who are "Christians."
The midtribulational view is one wherein Christ returns in the middle of the tribulation to take away those loyal to him. Thus "true" Christians suffer some persecutions, but not all of them.
The posttribulational view is one wherein Christ does not rapture his "believers" until the end of the tribulation and the time of the defeat of the anti-Christ and his forces.

Having now understood what we are talking about, I guess I am a Postribulationalist..:)

writer

'Cordin to the Lord and apostles, the NT,
there are more than one rapture.
Broadly there's 2.
Pre and End.
Since "Post" would put the Lord rapturing His saints when He's already on earth.
Most Christians will be taken End.
Some: Pre.

"Two will be in the field; one will be taken and the other will be left."
And
"Be beseeching that you would prevail to escape all these things which are about to happen and stand before the Son of Man"
Lk 17:36; 21:36

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
LDS don't believe in a rapture. We believe those scriptures are talking about the two resurrections, one at the beginning of the millenium and one at the end.

anders

michel said:
From:-http://www.rebuff.org/hopes.html (Just to save embarassment for others like me who thought...."what ?"​

Thank you. Anyway, not believing in such a thing as a "rapture" anyway, it's "other" for me.​

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I believe in the PanTrib theory. I don't fully understand it, but I believe it will Pan out the way God wants it to.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
I'm other. The Rapture, and all other forms of chiliasm are heretical doctrines. The only reason that the idea of the Rapture wasn't condemned in the early Church is because it wasn't invented until 19th century.

James

A

angellous_evangellous

JamesThePersian said:
I'm other. The Rapture, and all other forms of chiliasm are heretical doctrines. The only reason that the idea of the Rapture wasn't condemned in the early Church is because it wasn't invented until 19th century.

James

Ha! :thud:

Nobody would mind, though, if all the fundie wackos suddenly vanished.

Away with thee, Falwell!

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
angellous_evangellous said:
Ha! :thud:

Nobody would mind, though, if all the fundie wackos suddenly vanished.

Away with thee, Falwell!

Indeed not. If the likes of Falwell vanished one night, I certainly wouldn't shed a tear - of course I wouldn't think that they'd been raptured into heaven either. Reclaimed by the devil might be a possibility, though.

James

Jacques Eugene

Christ says plainly regarding the end time that it will be like the days of Noah and Lot. Both of them and their families were spared and protected on the earth not raptured in heaven. Scriptures say plainly that the righteous elect of God will be preserved on earth during the great tribulation Rev3:10 to perfect their spiritual training. Because of those elect on earth those days of tribulation will be shortened Mat24:21,22. Again the church of the elect ofGod will be taken to a place of safety in the wilderness during the great tribulation to be fed properly the way of God and to become perfect. After that period of 42 months, 1260 days or time, times and half a time(3 years 1/2) in hiding, at the sound of the last trumpet marking the end of the great tribulation,they will be ready to be changed into spiritual beings to meet Christ in the air (Rev12:6,14); Ithes 4:15,16; 1 Co15:51,52.
I hope to hear from you soon. Contact me jpeugene@hotmail.com