• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President's Power Play

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
Why would Trump care?
In 2020 Trump wins or loses. If he loses he just goes on about his business of being a billionaire. He claims to have a vested interest in the country but at the end of the day, the downfall of the Republican party isn't really going to affect him.

That is not entirely true. It very much looks like there is a strong case to be made that Trump violated campaign finance laws. A felony offense, with a five-year statute of limitations. Trump may need to win in 2020 to ride out the statute of limitations. Trump may need to remain president to hide from his crimes.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
For too long too many politicians have taken military planes instead of commercial flights.
This is horribly expensive & very un-green. Those who lecture us about global warming
In general you are absolutely right. But I do think it is appropriate to use a military plane for security reasons when heading into a war zone.

That being said I also think it is appropriate to put off this particular excursion till the government is reopened.

And it should also be noted that Melania just took a military plane down to Mara Largo. I hope she has a nice time.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Just because you are stabbing someone in the face doesn't mean you can't have a sense of humour while doing it.

Bob the Unbeliever

Trump probably has excellent marksmanship skills...let them do it! ....:D

The tЯump can't spell "marksmanship". He can't even spell "hamburger" or "coffee".

I doubt he knows which end of a pistol to hold, and which end to point-- likely he'd look down the barrel, when it doesn't fire (due to his gross incompetence). Good thing it'd have a safety, or he might put an eye out.

Sadly, even then? Nothing between his ears that could be damaged .... you cannot damage that which isn't there...

pearl

In general you are absolutely right. But I do think it is appropriate to use a military plane for security reasons when heading into a war zone.

Through his ignorance Trump made two blunders. First it has been the custom since 9/11 that the Speaker of the House, who is second in line for the presidency, does not fly on commercial airlines. Second Trump gave away the travel plans to a war zone in advance, this is never done till after landing.

Shad

Veteran Member
I wonder how far this will go?

Time to stock up on the popcorn.

giphy.gif

Someone is going to regret not super-sizing that drink

Shad

Veteran Member
That is not entirely true. It very much looks like there is a strong case to be made that Trump violated campaign finance laws. A felony offense, with a five-year statute of limitations. Trump may need to win in 2020 to ride out the statute of limitations. Trump may need to remain president to hide from his crimes.

Obama violated campaign finance law and was only given a fine.

Shad

Veteran Member
Through his ignorance Trump made two blunders. First it has been the custom since 9/11 that the Speaker of the House, who is second in line for the presidency, does not fly on commercial airlines. Second Trump gave away the travel plans to a war zone in advance, this is never done till after landing.

Custom has been overturned a number of times by both parties. A custom is not a rule nor law. Poor argument

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Obama violated campaign finance law and was only given a fine.

Lefties must have 'forgot' about mentioning that little bit. Ahem....

You know typical behavior of making mountains out of things like this when they done the same thing themselves.

Shad

Veteran Member
Lefties must have 'forgot' about mentioning that little bit. Ahem....

A lot of people just do not know as interest in politics can be very subjective at times.

You know typical behavior of making mountains out of things like this when they done the same thing themselves.

It is just rhetoric. Politics is as much a participation sport as it is an entertainment one.