• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential Vote as of Today

The next President of the United States I'll vote for

• Baracak Obama

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • A Republican

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • A Independent

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I got a hundred dollors riding on OBAMA for winning the election but I been spending to much time with my family Hard Line Republicans.

I like to see what a mix of people would do.

Its an anonymous so if you could help me decide if I need to save money or plan a purchase.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
You should list the main GOP candidates and a couple of the more prominent independents likely to run. Someone might prefer Obama to some Republicans, but not to others.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
doppelgänger;2621815 said:
You should list the main GOP candidates and a couple of the more prominent independents likely to run. Someone might prefer Obama to some Republicans, but not to others.

I would like a worse case senerio. Any republican you like or any independent you like or even think you would like.

I don't believe Obama would even loose against an open field like that.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I dont know enough to make an educated vote at this point in time but, from what I have heard about Ron Paul, he seems legit. He hasnt changed his stance on anything like everyone else has and stays constant in what he stands for.

I dont normally like republicans,

But when I do, I choose Ron Paul.

Stay thirsty my friends (for knowledge)

(And im serious about not liking republicans).

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Definitely not Republican.

Not Obama after what we owe China, the debt we are in, soon we might be giving China land, and if we continuously do this they would rule over us.

I will vote Libertarian.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
While I can't say Obama is the best choice, he is certainly much better than what the Republicans have put forth. I'm gonna bet Perry gets on the ballot, as Romney doesn't have much Evangelical pull and his "corporations are people" comment probably killed his chances, and Bachmann has a list of reasons on how she killed her chances. Rick Perry however, said he wants to end our ability to directly elect our Senators in an effort to go back to the original language of the Constitution. That alone is quite a scary though knowing someone who is wanting to be president wants to tell us we can't elect a branch of our government. Granted it was originally that way, but it's called progress for a reason. We might as well let the states decide if blacks and women can vote, and what the legal age for voting is again. And there is the pact the he (along with Bachmann, Romney, and Pawlenty made) with NOM pledging he will fight for a Constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, and launching a presidential commission to investigate groups and individuals that "harass supporters of traditional marriage." Yeah, I'd prefer the guy who brings change at snail speeds.

Acim

Revelation all the time
...not even born yet.

Again, I'm a proud non-voter.

Ron Paul comes closest to what I'd vote for, on principle, and I just don't see that happening (him winning) in my lifetime.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Until I know who the Republican candidate is, it would be impossible for me to say who I'll be voting for. The person I would like to see be the Republican candidate (Jon Huntsman) will probably be dropping out of the race in the not too distant future. I could conceivably end up voting for Romney, but I'm still undecided. I'm really pretty much an Independent, so who knows. I may end up voting for Obama again.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I'm feeling a little better on my stance. I would like to get a few more votes but I understand there may not be a good choice.:sorry1:

gnomon

I will not be voting for Obama.

So I will probably end up not voting for any Presidential candidate.

Crystallas

Ron Paul

He's a republican, I am not. I'm tired of the corporatism on both sides of the aisle! We aren't sports fans rooting for sports teams. Who gives a flying pig what party someone is. If they are going to lie, cheat and steal from the American people, it doesn't matter. Politics is usually loaded with crooks, but it has never been THIS bad in the US. I wont vote for any other republican, and nor would I vote for Barrack Obama(even though I admit, he does sound purdy when he talks.)

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Ron Paul seems to be the most ethical and least "politically correct" of the lot so far. I wish he had more charisma - but then, you see where charisma has gotten us so far...

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Was hoping to get at least 25 votes but thanks to everyone.

The News has been helping build my confidence. A lot of reasons for my belief has been relerated in the news over the weekend.

Just a point this is a non-binding poll:angel2:. Vote as you like in next years election. Things change as how you feel today may not be how you feel tomorrow.:yes: Its just a reality check for me.)(

A

angellous_evangellous

Rick Perry however, said he wants to end our ability to directly elect our Senators in an effort to go back to the original language of the Constitution. That alone is quite a scary though knowing someone who is wanting to be president wants to tell us we can't elect a branch of our government.

Perry is a fascist autocrat. As incidious as this is, it doesn't surprise me that he believes it - it surprises me that he would say it in public.

I bet he wants to nominate all the Senators himself.

If Perry weren't so stupid, he might have been our first dictator.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Perry is a fascist autocrat. As incidious as this is, it doesn't surprise me that he believes it - it surprises me that he would say it in public.
I bet he wants to nominate all the Senators himself.
If Perry weren't so stupid, he might have been our first dictator.
Is Rick Perry Right That the Seventeenth Amendment Was a Mistake? | Vikram David Amar | Verdict | Legal Analysis and Commentary from Justia
It doesn't seem as unreasonable as you make it out to be.
But it sure looks like a campaign blunder to bring it up, since partisan wags will turn it into something it isn't.....I ain't mentioning any names though.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
So far, I find the results of the poll very promising. It looks like Obama is in for a run for your money.
You know your presidency is in trouble when people are comparing you to Jimmy Carter and that you are only slightly better than George W. Bush.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I think Rick Perry is dangerous. I have no problem with a Presidents religion unless I feel like its going to have an inappropriate effect on their decisions. Rick Perry is associated with a Christian Dominionist group, and the group believes that demons have control of the government and society, and as such, seeks to gain control of the government so that it can be a Christian state. Michelle Bachman is a part of it too. It's like evangelicalism on steroids and hallucinogens.