• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential Debate will be on June 27.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm in. But I still think Judge Judy should be moderator.

She's the only woman in existence who in my opinion can shut up Trump long enough to allow his opponent to speak.

Too bad Judge Wapner is not with us anymore. He would have been the perfect moderator for these two guys.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I'm in. But I still think Judge Judy should be moderator.

She's the only woman in existence who in my opinion can shut up Trump long enough to allow his opponent to speak.
If I had my way it would be video debate, with each candidate in different locations. And when it is their turn to talk they get a specific amount of time, and when it is not their turn to talk their camera is turned off and no one can see or hear them.

I would like to see at least one debate done like that.
I couldn't care less what either of them have to say. The only way I'm tuning in is if they change it from a debate to a sword fight.
I am reminded that when Trump said the words "Proud boys, stand back and stand by" that was during a debate with Joe Biden. I wonder what he will say this time.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If I had my way it would be video debate, with each candidate in different locations. And when it is their turn to talk they get a specific amount of time, and when it is not their turn to talk their camera is turned off and no one can see or hear them.
...and no earpieces where each could be individually coached on what to say at any givin time and no preselected questions asked with no preselected answers to give.

This needs to be a battle of personal wits and individual head knowledge of current affairs and situations.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

I feel like a train wreck is scheduled to happen, and nothing we can do but watch.

But I will watch.
I do not know about being a train wreck. Trump was bragging that he would take Biden on regardless of terms so Biden gladly took him up on that.

"

Biden's debate terms​

Under the parameters laid out by the Biden campaign, the debates should be hosted by any broadcast organization that oversaw a Republican primary debate in 2016 that Trump participated in and a Democratic primary debate in 2020 that Mr. Biden took part in. The outlets that fit those terms are CBS News, ABC News, CNN and Telemundo. Telemundo and CNN hosted a Republican primary debate that Trump attended in 2016.

Trump shunned the Republican primary debates for the 2024 election, but said he would take on Mr. Biden "anytime, anywhere, any place."

The debates, the Biden campaign continued, should be one-on-one, a condition that would keep Kennedy off the stage.

Keeping the debates to Mr. Biden and Trump allows "voters to compare the only two candidates with any statistical chance of prevailing in the Electoral College — and not squandering debate time on candidates with no prospect of becoming President," O'Malley Dillon wrote.

The campaign said the broadcast hosts should select the moderators from their "regular personnel, so as to avoid a 'ringer' or partisan," and time limits should be set for answers and responses to ensure time is evenly split between the two and avoid a "spectacle of mutual interruption." O'Malley Dillon said microphones for the candidates should be active only when it is his turn to speak."

I predict that Trump will attempt to back out of the debates that he agreed to.

Pogo

I do not know about being a train wreck. Trump was bragging that he would take Biden on regardless of terms so Biden gladly took him up on that.

"

Biden's debate terms​

Under the parameters laid out by the Biden campaign, the debates should be hosted by any broadcast organization that oversaw a Republican primary debate in 2016 that Trump participated in and a Democratic primary debate in 2020 that Mr. Biden took part in. The outlets that fit those terms are CBS News, ABC News, CNN and Telemundo. Telemundo and CNN hosted a Republican primary debate that Trump attended in 2016.

Trump shunned the Republican primary debates for the 2024 election, but said he would take on Mr. Biden "anytime, anywhere, any place."

The debates, the Biden campaign continued, should be one-on-one, a condition that would keep Kennedy off the stage.

Keeping the debates to Mr. Biden and Trump allows "voters to compare the only two candidates with any statistical chance of prevailing in the Electoral College — and not squandering debate time on candidates with no prospect of becoming President," O'Malley Dillon wrote.

The campaign said the broadcast hosts should select the moderators from their "regular personnel, so as to avoid a 'ringer' or partisan," and time limits should be set for answers and responses to ensure time is evenly split between the two and avoid a "spectacle of mutual interruption." O'Malley Dillon said microphones for the candidates should be active only when it is his turn to speak."

I predict that Trump will attempt to back out of the debates that he agreed to.
And the spin begins.

Lara Trump says debates ‘rigged so heavily’ in Biden’s favor

These people are just unbelievable but apparently lots do. :(

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Oh well, I am not going to vote for either old, white, rich guy so there's that. I will tune in for the sake of watching, period.

F1fan

Veteran Member
And the spin begins.

Lara Trump says debates ‘rigged so heavily’ in Biden’s favor

These people are just unbelievable but apparently lots do. :(
Already the Trump side is making excuses to back out. I doubt Trump will dare show up. Biden is clearly sharper than Trump at this point. Trump has the advantage of doing Gosh Gallop style debating of throwing out endless false claims. The moderator should turn off mics if there is this type of nonsense by Trump.

I read somewhere there will be no live audience as usual and mics will be cut off when and if needed.
I heard that for the first debate. But a good idea for all of them. Trump won't like not having an audience to perform for, but he should be focusing on policies, which he selfom does.