• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential Actions (Biden)

Audie

Veteran Member
Sure 'nuff. Just shut 'er down right away, and the over 200,000 people who depend on them for work can find another job in 10 or 20 years when a new technology is invented. No probs.

It sure is easy to say what should happen, isn't it? Especially when you don't have to worry about the consequences.
What to call it, a unidirectional virtue signal?

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
my thinking that comparing signing some orders written up
by others long ago to supersonic aircraft is
ridiculous is a right wing lie. Droll.

You Americans sure have learned to hate eachother.

Right, because in China there is nothing but love and harmony. Of wait, those re-education camps...

Regiomontanus

Raping the earth. Good freaking grief.

I dont suppose you eat anything grown on
plowed ground do you?

Yes, Audie, because farming is the same as extraction from tar sands.

:facepalm:

Do you even know what we are talking about here?

Regiomontanus

Good one. A 100% irrelevant whatabout
Can you work Hitler in somewhere?

Fairly, easily, if we are talking about China.

And not irrelevant. You often criticize this country in a very condescending way. Glass houses...

Audie

Veteran Member
Yes, Audie, because farming is the same as extraction from tar sands.

:facepalm:

Do you even know what we are talking about here?

Of course its not "the same".
You are concerned about ecological
destruction which you label "rape".

So if you are really concerned, do you
think about your role beyond virtue signaling with hyperbolic phrases?

Let's see who / what "rapes".

The direct damage from tar sand oil productuin
is in the mining operation itself, an ugly scsr on
the boreal forest.

Pipelines are pretty much inobtrusive.
Check a map of pipelines criss crossing
USA. You drive over them in cars fueled by them and don't they are even there.

Studying biology, I was interested in the total
devastation of biomes by farming.

Its not dramatic except close up, but a grassland is a very rich complex ecosystem.
Forest too, which is also destroyed to give fsrnland.

Running a plow through it is roughly comparable to flattening a city. Some few species, mostly bacteria and nematodes
survive the plowing.

Then come the insecticides. It is absolutely devastating.

Then they grow corn to feed cars. It's as if onecwere burning fine art to warm tfarmland.

Ever think about it?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That is so well established in precedent that its a non issue.

Justify as one wil, those in two countries hard srung by his stroke of a pen were ill served.
The environment is well served. We need to wean ourselves off from it, not continuing this inevitably dead-end of an energy source.
And jobs won't matter much should environmental degradation become too severe. And technology is replacing jobs anyways, we need to embrace the future that is already here, not fight against another inevitable fate.

pearl

It makes it look like he's signing anything, border walls, pipelines, cross dressers in the high school washrooms, just to undo anything Trump did, right or wrong without any thought process.

I think there have been four years of thought process. Concerning the pipeline its final destination is the Gulf of Mexico where the oil will be exported to other countries. Plus the concern for its impact on the environment.

Dave Watchman

I think there have been four years of thought process. Concerning the pipeline its final destination is the Gulf of Mexico where the oil will be exported to other countries. Plus the concern for its impact on the environment.

I wouldn't have worried about it.

The pipeline companies would have made a fortune servicing it over the years.

The USA would have got it's share of the tax revenue.

Crude is traded on the world market.

We could tap into it at any time.

It would have been there and available.

The environmentalists would have lived.

I suspect we won't need to worry about fossil fuels for awhile anyway.

Did I read some of the airlines predicting demand not returning until 2026, if then.

I saw a video, the virus that killed the Jumbo jet.

No more Air Bus A380.

Airbus To Stop Production Of A380 Superjumbo Jet

ap_697762107838-ad3f4f97f2f99b355573461077fd6b1070672214-s800-c85.jpg

European aerospace behemoth Airbus has announced it will stop building its A380 superjumbo jet after the plane's biggest customer, Dubai-based Emirates Airline, cut its order by 39 planes.

Airbus has "no basis to sustain production, despite all our sales efforts with other airlines in recent years," CEO Tom Enders said in a statement Thursday, adding: "Today's announcement is painful." Airbus says it will deliver its final A380 to Emirates in 2021.

After investing billions into the A380, Europe's largest aerospace company had hoped to overtake its biggest competitor, Boeing's 747 jet.

Airbus To Stop Production Of A380 Superjumbo Jet

No more 747.

Boeing Quietly Pulls Plug on the 747, Closing Era of Jumbo Jets
By
Julie Johnsson
July 2, 2020, 1:00 PM EDT

Boeing Co. hasn’t told employees, but the company is pulling the plug on its hulking 747 jumbo jet, ending a half-century run for the twin-aisle pioneer.

The last 747-8 will roll out of a Seattle-area factory in about two years, a decision that hasn’t been reported but can be teased out from subtle wording changes in financial statements, people familiar with the matter said.

It’s a moment that aviation enthusiasts long have dreaded, signaling the end of the double-decker, four-engine leviathans that shrank the world. Airbus SE is already preparing to build the last A380 jumbo, after the final convoy of fuselage segments rumbled to its Toulouse, France, plant last month.

Yet for all their popularity with travelers, the final version of the 747 and Europe’s superjumbo never caught on commercially as airlines turned to twin-engine aircraft for long-range flights. While Boeing’s hump-nosed freighters will live on, the fast-disappearing A380 risks going down as an epic dud.

The grand jetliners also face another indignity: The Covid-19 pandemic threatens to leave their manufacturers scrounging to find buyers for the last jumbos built.

“As it turned out, the number of routes for which you need an ultralarge aircraft are incredibly few,” said Sash Tusa, an analyst with Agency Partners.

Boeing’s “Queen of the Skies” debuted in 1970, an audacious bet that transformed travel but almost bankrupted the company. Passenger versions boasted a spiral staircase to a luxurious upstairs lounge. Freighter models featured a hinged nose that flipped open to load everything from cars to oil-drilling gear. The 747 went on to rack up 1,571 orders over the decades -- second among wide-body jets only to Boeing’s 777.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

british-2746299_960_720-696x377.jpg

British Airways retires entire 747 fleet after travel downturn
Published 17 July 2020

British Airways retires entire 747 fleet after travel downturn

That oughta make the tree huggers happy.

Audie

Veteran Member
The environment is well served. We need to wean ourselves off from it, not continuing this inevitably dead-end of an energy source.
And jobs won't matter much should environmental degradation become too severe. And technology is replacing jobs anyways, we need to embrace the future that is already here, not fight against another inevitable fate.

To the extent thats true, no argument.

And those who got pen- stroked have a valid pov.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It would be difficult and unpopular to try to
figure it out, but I think slavery was a huge net loss to the American economy.

I don't know a lot about it, Audie, but I'm strongly inclined towards that
view myself. Mainly along the lines that it had the overall effect of
suppressing economic diversification, etc. But yeah, it would be hard
to figure it out, especially if there have been few or no studies of it.

Against the various and sundry criticisms of slavery, though, we must
be careful to weigh the contentions of no less than Saint Margret Mitchell.
Hm.. a thorny Gordian Knot, if ever I have seen a thorny Gordian Knot.

Mom once told me she thought the Civil War was kept alive and fresh in
the minds of Southerners mostly by Southern women competing against
each other for top bragging rights about the deeds of their gallant male
ancestors. Don't know how she arrived at that view, and I don't know
if she was right. But that was mom. She took an interest in the influence
of human nature on the stories we tell ourselves about the world.

Audie

Veteran Member
Fairly, easily, if we are talking about China.

And not irrelevant. You often criticize this country in a very condescending way. Glass houses...

I am sometimes condescending toward creationists, I dont meet the difgicult challenge of not being.

As for condescending toward America?
I dont think so- perhaps a poll would find I am
and I will stand corrected. I cannot think of any basis on which I would be condescending.

I'm a big fan of the USA, I've spent half my life there.

I comment, or criticize according to how I see things. An outside view is seen by some as useful. Comment and criticize is a forum thing,
and you yourself do it, often quite harshly.

Any suggestion, belief on your part that I
do 'China wonderful, look down on gwe lo"
is mistaken and withal quite unfair.

I am well aware of issues in Chinese society
and govt, andcat the risk of being accused of
condescension, considerably better versed in same than you!

If you think my comments are untrue or unfair,
sayvso, its fine, we do that here.

You seem a bit hostile toward me for some reason. If not great, if so, you can indicate that and we will have no further contact.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Executive Order on Promoting COVID-19 Safety in Domestic and International Travel
JANUARY 21, 2021 • PRESIDENTIAL ACTIONS

Preserving and Fortifying Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
JANUARY 20, 2021 • PRESIDENTIAL ACTIONS
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Reinstating Deferred Enforced Departure for Liberians
Since 1991, the United States has provided safe haven for Liberians who were forced to flee their country as a result of armed conflict and...

Proclamation on the Termination Of Emergency With Respect To The Southern Border Of The United States And Redirection Of Funds Diverted To Border Wall Construction
Like every nation, the United States has a right and a duty to secure its borders and protect its people against threats.

Executive Order on Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Personnel
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 301 of title...

Modernizing Regulatory Review

Executive Order on Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation

Executive Order on Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis

Executive Order on Ensuring a Lawful and Accurate Enumeration and Apportionment Pursuant to the Decennial Census

Executive Order on Revocation of Certain Executive Orders Concerning Federal Regulation
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered that:
Biden's legacy.

The executive order president.

Just like Trump, cept Biden will certainly take pole position on that front!