• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump's is a saint

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Which is why I ALWAY criticise his policies and failed promises, and YOU always try to change the subject and go on the personal attack.
Our difference is that I've cited some Trump policies I favor,
& criticized those I dislike.
But you've a one track mind, ie, crack wise at the
negative, but never acknowledge anything positive.
Your posts in this thread exemplify that.
Because I care about the issues, you've internalised being a trumpette so much you can't distinguish between meaningful discussion about what trump does wrong and a personal attack on you.
Issues?
I see post after post about "derpy" Donald, mere personal criticism.
When I've posted thread criticizing policy, eg, moving the Israeli embassy,
you're nowhere to be found discussing the deleterious repercussions.
Oh, and before you start, I've said here and elsewhere, publically, that I support some of trump's policies, but don't let that slow you down.
If you have, then this is good.
But in this thread, you've not addressed the OP at all.
You & others anti-Trumpers banded together to derail it.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And again, can't meaningfully engage with the discussion, go straight for the personal attacks.

Another swing, another miss.

LOL.
You posted a response with only 3 letters.
Responding in the same style, I posted 5 times as many.
Face it....as blindly loyal as the fervent Trump supporters are,
you're just the same, but in the opposing tribe.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Which is why I ALWAY criticise his policies and failed promises, and YOU always try to change the subject and go on the personal attack.
Our difference is that I've cited some Trump policies I favor,
& criticized those I dislike.
But you've a one track mind, ie, crack wise at the negative,
but never acknowledge anything positive.
Because I care about the issues, you've internalised being a trumpette so much you can't distinguish between meaningful discussion about what trump does wrong and a personal attack on you.
Issues?
I see post after post about "derpy" Donald, mere personal criticism.
When I've posted thread criticizing policy, eg, moving the Israeli embassy,
you're nowhere to be found discussing the deleterious repercussions.
Oh, and before you start, I've said here and elsewhere, publically, that I support some of trump's policies, but don't let that slow you down.
If you have, then this is good.
But I read a lot of posts, & see that claim as a rarity at best.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Where most will recognize that tune....
Hey, if the thread is to be derailed, it should be informative.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
According to the Catholic Church saints are dead, but not according to the Bible where saints are all those living who are born again believers/followers of Jesus Christ.
I can’t presume to judge President Trump’s heart, but I have my doubts that he is a saint.

In the Catholic Church, saints are alive communicating with believers from heaven. Protestants believe saints are dead.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
images.jpg
Well, almost...

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You're not addressing my point or the thread's theme.
If you see only negative things in Trump's administration,
& cannot see anything...not a single thing positive, this
is to be either uninformed or in denial.
It's very safe to say that no one is a 100% incompetent
evildoer...even Johnson, Nixon, Bush (1 or 2), or Obama.
All have done something positive.

Yes I did. President Trump has a big plane, has neat hair, looks smart and has a posh wife.

What's to miss there?

But I did just wonder about your parallel thoughts about President Obama, is all.
It is wonderful to see you write that President Obama did something positive. Excellent.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Political tribalism is where the act of belonging to a political group becomes more important than the actual stated coals and doctrine of the group. For example, our resident trumpettes who happily support trump against their own best interests, most of whom can't actually articulate in any meaningful way what it is about trump they support past a few vague platitudes, but will defend trump from any criticism on spec, because they've internalised "being a trump supporter" so much, that all they care about is A. being a member of the trumpette "ingroup" and B. dumping on the non-trumpette "outgroup."
D'ya know...... we've got folks like that in the UK, only the very first ones that come to mind are the football tribalists, but we mostly call those folks total morons, and obviously that could not fit Trump supporters................ nah............. could it?

InChrist

Free4ever
In the Catholic Church, saints are alive communicating with believers from heaven. Protestants believe saints are dead.
Yes, that’s right you are correct. Another Catholic doctrine which is contrary to the Bible, which warns against communicating with those who have died and passed from the physical to spiritual realm.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yes, that’s right you are correct. Another Catholic doctrine which is contrary to the Bible, which warns against communicating with those who have died and passed from the physical to spiritual realm.

Yeah but that's Old Testament stuff, yes?
Does it still count for Christians?
Loads of Christians have said that the OT doesn't count any more.
What about Christian Spiritualists?

Milton Platt

Yes! Us Israelis and Righty Israelis in particular love Trump for all the good stuff he does for Israel, like moving the American consulate to Jerusalem, legitimizing the Golan, legitimizing Israelis settlements in Judea & Samaria, etc.
His executive order saying Jews are a nationality was also very important.

Maybe you guys can make him a citizen and you can have him run your government......It would be easier for him if he was actually there and not being distracted by important domestic issues here.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Fair enough.
The OP really did not like President Obama, and I thought it might be a good question, asking if the OP could tell something good of that President, is all.

Oh. I really don't take sides with politics. It's too much negativity. I always wanted to know why they kept saying don't talk about religion and politics. Now I know.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I think it's because they don't see saints being in a mystical (like witchcraft?) but with god. It's an insult (the idea,) to imply they are anywhere else.

Does god prevent his beloved to talk with earthlings?

InChrist

Free4ever
Yeah but that's Old Testament stuff, yes?
Does it still count for Christians?
Loads of Christians have said that the OT doesn't count any more.
What about Christian Spiritualists?
Yes, it’s in the OT. I think you likely misunderstand. Normally Christians say we are not under the Mosaic law because Christ fulfilled the law. That is very different than saying the OT doesn’t count anymore. The OT certainly counts because the entire Bible is considered God’s word and revelation about His character and His love and concern for humanity throughout history. The NT also reiterates the necessity of seeking spiritual wisdom from God, not idols. As a former Catholic I think praying to and or seeking wisdom from those who have died and who the Catholic Church labels as saints, is on par with idolatry. In such cases where a person seeks wisdom or spiritual guidance from any other entity in the spiritual realm besides God, then I believe demons gladly step in to deceive. Just my perspective.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yes, it’s in the OT. I think you likely misunderstand. Normally Christians say we are not under the Mosaic law because Christ fulfilled the law. That is very different than saying the OT doesn’t count anymore. The OT certainly counts because the entire Bible is considered God’s word and revelation about His character and His love and concern for humanity throughout history. The NT also reiterates the necessity of seeking spiritual wisdom from God, not idols. As a former Catholic I think praying to and or seeking wisdom from those who have died and who the Catholic Church labels as saints, is on par with idolatry. In such cases where a person seeks wisdom or spiritual guidance from any other entity in the spiritual realm besides God, then I believe demons gladly step in to deceive. Just my perspective.
OK......... so Mosaic Law doesn't count but loads of other accounts in the OT do count.
If that's what you believe, then fair enough, as long as you don't get to affect other folks lives in connection with it, ok.