• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump signs executive orders providing Unemployment assistance and tax deferment

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
And yet, we will still own that money, which will come out next year, while disrupting Social Security and Medicare.

Not to mention that financial stuff should come from Congress, not the White House.

We are entering into a dictatorship: the leader dictates by executive order and ignores Congress, including oversight (with temporary appointments made with no Congressional approval).

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
And yet, we will still own that money, which will come out next year, while disrupting Social Security and Medicare.

Not to mention that financial stuff should come from Congress, not the White House.

We are entering into a dictatorship: the leader dictates by executive order and ignores Congress, including oversight (with temporary appointments made with no Congressional approval).
If Trump refuse to leave office ( if he loses the election) do you think he will re-name America to Trumplandia? :confused:

Shaul

Premium Member
Is that all it does?

I am waiting to read the actual order that was signed.

It is not available yet here:
Executive Orders
Did you read the article? There are four Executive Orders. One extends the emergency unemployment. One defers payroll deduction of taxes. It does mention it in this article but that is only for those with incomes less than $100,000. A third Order prevents evictions. A fourth suspends student loan payments.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Did you read the article? There are four Executive Orders. One extends the emergency unemployment. One defers payroll deduction of taxes. It does mention it in this article but that is only for those with incomes less than $100,000. A third Order prevents evictions. A fourth suspends student loan payments.
Does the article mention the Constitutional Amendment that gave the President the power to overrule the House of Representatives on budget issues?
Tom

Shaul

Premium Member

Did you read the article? It mentions that President Trump wants to forego repaying the deferred payroll tax if he is re-elected.

There isn’t anything dictatorial in these Executive Orders. They are all based in authorizations previously made by Congress and within the purview of the President. Changes in payroll with holdings by Presidents have been done many times by past Presidents.

Shaul

Premium Member
Does the article mention the Constitutional Amendment that gave the President the power to overrule the House of Representatives on budget issues?
Tom
The President is using authorizations already made by Congress. There is no Presidential overruling Congress going on.

Shaul

Premium Member
I am not political anymore, nor do I vote even here in Norway, but of the two guys you voting for in America I do hope Biden wins. The world don't need 4 more years with the Trumpalumpa in the White House.
Then your unfounded comments about President Trump not accepting the results of the election weren’t political? He accepted the results of the last election. On the other hand the Democrats have demonstrated they refuse accept it for three years now.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Then your unfounded comments about President Trump not accepting the results of the election weren’t political? He accepted the results of the last election. On the other hand the Democrats have demonstrated they refuse accept it for three years now.
My comment is not political, it is more about aversion toward Trump as a person.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
The President is using authorizations already made by Congress. There is no Presidential overruling Congress going on.

Absolutely there is. The Congress does not have authority to grant that power to the president. The Constitution says that the Congress has that power, NOT the President.

And, that the Legislature is rolling over in the establishment of a dictatorship does NOT mean it isn't a dictatorship. The President is ruling by executive decree. THAT is a dictatorship, almost by definition.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

What do you mean they haven't accepted it? They accepted it, but also hold onto their power to hold the President accountable. He has consistently sought to undermine foundational institutions on which this country works. That the Senate has refused to hold him accountable is a serious crime against the Constitution, in my mind. Both Trump and the leadership in the Senate are guilty of nothing short of treason as far as I can see.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
If Trump refuse to leave office ( if he loses the election) do you think he will re-name America to Trumplandia? :confused:

He will deny that he lost the election by playing the gambit he is already preparing: that the election is invalid. To support his takeover, he will use the federal troops that have taken no pledge to the Constitution. Portland was just preparation.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
He will deny that he lost the election by playing the gambit he is already preparing: that the election is invalid. To support his takeover, he will use the federal troops that have taken no pledge to the Constitution. Portland was just preparation.
I am afraid you might be correct here

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Yes, I read the article.
And I am STILL going to wait to read the actual orders instead of merely picking the media article that I like the best and running with it as though it is gospel.