• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump on Patriotic Education

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Patriotic education is what they teach in North Korea and China just to name two of many.

I'm going to agree on teaching subversion. I'd include the Great Seal and Lincoln's speeches as well.
What of not so great seals?
raw

tytlyf

Not Religious
Thoughts? It'll be as great as Trump University. Of course this patriotic education will be private and looking to make a profit off of vulnerable people. Similar to Liberty U, Hillsdale College, PragerU, etc etc.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I think the Never Again act to never forget the holocaust is really good.
Yeah, but that was about a terrible evil that we are still feeling the effects and consequences of today that was committed by ANOTHER country.

I doubt any proposal for something similar to the Never Again act would be proposed now for something like slavery, Hiroshima or the genocide of the native Americans.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What of not so great seals?
raw

Reminds me of a funny joke:

A vacationing penguin is driving his car through Arizona when he notices that the oil pressure light is on. He gets out to look and sees oil dripping out of the motor. He drives to the nearest town and stops at the first gas station.

After dropping the car off, the penguin goes for a walk around town. He sees an ice-cream shop and, being a penguin in Arizona, decides that something cold would really hit the spot. He gets a big dish of ice cream and sits down to eat. Having no hands he makes a real mess trying to eat with his flippers. After finishing his ice cream, he goes back to the gas station and asks the mechanic if he's found the problem. The mechanic looks up and says "It looks like you blew a seal."

"No no," the penguin replies, "it's just ice cream."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I wonder....
If you disliked a female politician, would
you speak of kicking her in the vagina?
Sexual violence should always be abhorrent.
Don't think of it as sexual.
Think of it as very deeply rooted hatred that is aiming for targets of maximum pain. And Trump's painfully throbbing amd aching testicles isn't even the main course of the pain, it's the humiliation of kneeling amd bending down in front of others amd being made vulnerable and humble.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't like instilling patriotism in students. It's not only
icky, it always seems to serve some bad purpose, eg,
sacrificing individuality, submitting to the state.
Better to be subversive....make'm read the Constitution,
& study the origins of the Bill Of Rights & subsequent
amendments.
I agree. Except Ive seen first hand where your suggestions can still be twisted to suit a Evangelical Conservative view of history. As a blanket statement you have to be prepared to argue through their heavily used amd true point that you can't fit it all in a history class. It's a war of ideas, and seen them satisfy your points while still ensuring it serves their ends.