• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prepping For Camping Season

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
I seem to have camping on my mind. I have been buying gear for next season thru Amazon and at the Dollar Tree. Last night I purchased a cooler, which is due to arrive on the 3rd.

So far I have...

Two sleeping bags
A bevy tent
Foam mattress
A cooler
A coffee press
A tiny wood-burning cooking stove
Plates, cups and utensils for two
Cast iron pan with spatula and spoon
Wash towels and wash tub
Folding saw

I'm thinking I want two coolers, one for my food and one for my drinks. I'm waiting for the one I ordered to arrive and then decide whether to order another. Also, I need a folding camp chair.

I am single, so I can travel minimally.

pexels-teemu-r-1840421.jpg
Photo by Teemu R from Pexels

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Too early for prepping for Mr Van.
I'll wait till my water supply won't freeze.
Then I start carrying....
- Water
- Food
- Cleaning supplies

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I feel yah! I got my camping gear all ready, too. It's an ultralight setup that will fit into a 45 litre backpack. I'll just pack in, plunk down, and enjoy myself in the great outdoors. :) One of these days I might go and use up my stockpile of pto to do a small section hike in the upper part of the Pacific Crest Trail!

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
I feel yah! I got my camping gear all ready, too. It's an ultralight setup that will fit into a 45 litre backpack. I'll just pack in, plunk down, and enjoy myself in the great outdoors. :) One of these days I might go and use up my stockpile of pto to do a small section hike in the upper part of the Pacific Crest Trail!
Being a hiker, you might be interested in the below...
Ohuhu backpacking stove

I'm trying to avoid the waste of disposable propane bottles and such, so I bought the above. It is actually pretty cool. I still should get a camp fire grill, just the same.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Being a hiker, you might be interested in the below...
Ohuhu backpacking stove

I'm trying to avoid the waste of disposable propane bottles and such, so I bought the above. It is actually pretty cool. I still should get a camp fire grill, just the same.

You know what? That's actually a cool little device! I like that it can use alchohol and wood. Thanks for sharing that.
:)

Have you used it yet? What are your thoughts on using it?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Have you used it yet? What are your thoughts on using it?
Mine was delivered right before Christmas, so I haven't taken the time to spark it up. I did set it up to check its stability with my Stanley outdoor coffee press and my 9 inch pan. The coffee press sits nicely on the small grill provided; whereas the 9" pan feels stable sitting on the risers. There are a lot of youtube videos on it...

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Mine was delivered right before Christmas, so I haven't taken the time to spark it up. I did set it up to check its stability with my Stanley outdoor coffee press and my 9 inch pan. The coffee press sits nicely on the small grill provided; whereas the 9" pan feels stable sitting on the risers. There are a lot of youtube videos on it...

Oh ok, thanks! I actually watch this guy, so thanks for the video! :D