• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prenuptial Contracts

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I suppose if you have something to protect should the marriage go south, then they are a good idea, settle things beforehand. I don't really have much, so I don't think I would need one.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
I think that if you're so concerned that the marriage isn't going to last, or you think that your future partner is a money-grubbing so and so, then you shouldn't be marrying them in the first place. :p Save a whole lot of paperwork. ;)

huajiro

If you need a prenup....you shouldn't be getting married. Marriage is about love, trust, respect and communication. You destroy all of these with a contract, it all becomes superficial.

Rex

Founder
I dunno guys, what if that person you think will love you forever but at some point they change, not you.

Wouldn't you rather have protected yourself.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
I don't have so much that I'd need to have "protected" myself from some extremely unlikely future scenario. I'd like to think that we'd both be mature enough to deal with it like decent human beings. And, in the event that I should be taken for every penny I have, then I'd just pick myself up and dust myself off and start again. Wouldn't be the first time lol.

skills101

Vicar of Christ
huajiro said:
Marriage is about love, trust, respect and communication.
A prenuptial agreement only enforces that. If we're supposed to have that kind of trust, then it shouldn't be a problem. If you sign it, great, that's a load off my shoulders. If you don't, then I have a logical reason to worry about trust, and marriage isn't meant for that kind of worry.

And it's not a matter of "if you lover her enough to get married, you won't have to worry about that." Well, people lie, people change, people fake who they are for the sake of money.

The question is not "why should one get a pre-nup", it's "why not?"