• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Premonition

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings poetry lovers!

Here a short poem I wrote a while back and it popped into my head again as I was listening to some jazz this morning at 1 am -

Premonition

It's too late to say good-bye
Silent objects pierce the sky
Tormented by their own delusions
Strangers speak of old solutions

If you feel like some jazz -

:)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
When I saw your title "premonition", it caught my attention in a flash as a log series of them changed my life over the last 5+ years.

I have to leave for an hour or so, but I'll be back later to listen to what you posted and to briefly tell you why this resonates so strongly with me.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I love good jazz, so thanks for the link.

As a scientist, I never believed in "premonitions" as I felt they were most likely just superstition-- until it happened to me. What I went through took 2 & 1/2 years, involved an old girlfriend that I've not seen in 50 years, and also my wife of now 54 years. To tell what happened, which I did once several years ago but involved three very lengthy posts that I'll spare you. It led to a change in my life that has been very helpful to both me and my wife, and it convinced me that there is "Something" that's involved undoubtedly more than just with myself and my little corner of the world.

BTW, Harriet Tubman had vivid "premonitions" that just amazed so many who were led by her to freedom from slavery-- a remarkable story that involved 17 "visits" into slave states by this woman who couldn't read nor read a map.