• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prehistoric Shark Caught on Tape

A

angellous_evangellous

doppelgänger said:
I saw some video of that animal last night. Very cool. It's like it's half eel and half shark.

hahahaha

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I saw a programme on TV sometime last month; it was about very depth enable cameras that have gone deeper than any other casmera before........the life in our oceans is astounding; we don't know the half of it.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
michel said:
I saw a programme on TV sometime last month; it was about very depth enable cameras that have gone deeper than any other casmera before........the life in our oceans is astounding; we don't know the half of it.

My daughter and I watched a fascinating documentary about the first live giant squid caught on video. I think it was on Discovery Channel. If you get a chance, it's also very interesting as it deals alot with the technology we are using to explore the deep seas.

jacquie4000

This was actually on the early part of the Today show this morning the local news part. It is neat and creepy at the same time. Who knows what lies in the depths of the oceans, one of the few frontiers left.

lunamoth

Will to love
Perhaps those mythological beasts we read about are not so mytholgical after all.

Cool video NH, thank you for bringing it up. :)

yuvgotmel

Here's Another Creature from The Deep....

Recent article & photos of it are online here: http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/turtle-beaching/

Apparently this thing may be either a REALLY HUGE SEA TURTLE or a decomposing whale. However, from the flippers, it looks like a turtle....

giant-turtle-001.jpg

giant-turtle-002.jpg

giant-turtle-004.jpg

giant-turtle-003.jpg

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Looks like a decomposing humpback whale by the baleen plates you can see in that head-on picture, the long pectoral fins, and the ventral grooves (humpback ventral grooves are the most prominant of all the rorquals).

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
Quite odd for a giant turtle. For one I see no shell unless it is upside down. Like in th elast pic youcan kind of imagine the under part is a shell. Otherwise it looks maybe like a whale, however it is shaped strangely. That could be from decomposition though.

I looked at some pics of a beached humpback and the other pics look like that. i couldn't post those pics for whatever reason.....

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Looks like a decomposing humpback whale by the baleen plates you can see in that head-on picture, the long pectoral fins, and the ventral grooves (humpback ventral grooves are the most prominant of all the rorquals).
Yeah, I was thinking that. Those fins just scream 'whale'.