• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prehistoric ghosts

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Where I live in the USA, ghosts like to hang out in old creepy hotels, hospitals, and houses. All the ghosts tend to range from modern times to 200 or so years ago - so relatively modern. Something feels off about this, though

These same hotels, hospitals, and houses occupy the same land mass that entire first nations villages occupied. A lot of the roadways we use here now were originally used by first nations people, too

Why do people hardly ever see first nations ghosts, if at all? Also, why is it never incredibly ancient ghosts, like ghosts from the ice age wearing heavy furs or anything like that?

Sure, even in places like Europe with incredibly ancient structures, they tend to be haunted by ghosts dressed appropriately for the time the structure was built. What about before then, though? Where's the Otzi the iceman ghosts? What about neolithic ghosts? Why are there also never any Neanderthal ghosts?

Where did all the precontact and prehistoric ghosts go?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Where I live in the USA, ghosts like to hang out in old creepy hotels, hospitals, and houses. All the ghosts tend to range from modern times to 200 or so years ago - so relatively modern. Something feels off about this, though

These same hotels, hospitals, and houses occupy the same land mass that entire first nations villages occupied. A lot of the roadways we use here now were originally used by first nations people, too

Why do people hardly ever see first nations ghosts, if at all? Also, why is it never incredibly ancient ghosts, like ghosts from the ice age wearing heavy furs or anything like that?

Sure, even in places like Europe with incredibly ancient structures, they tend to be haunted by ghosts dressed appropriately for the time the structure was built. What about before then, though? Where's the Otzi the iceman ghosts? What about neolithic ghosts? Why are there also never any Neanderthal ghosts?

It's like reincarnation, seems everybody was someone famous in their previous life.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
It's like reincarnation, seems everybody was someone famous in their previous life.
I believe in both reincarnation and ghosts.

That being said, I am just waiting to meet someone who was a former garbage collector, shoe salesman, or bus driver in Atlantis.

I would be much more impressed with that than any former priestesses or royalty.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I believe in both reincarnation and ghosts.

That being said, I am just waiting to meet someone who was a former garbage collector, shoe salesman, or bus driver in Atlantis.

I would be much more impressed with that than any former priestesses or royalty.

Our group was once told something like: consider the bulk of humanity throughout recorded history and how few wealthy/rulers there were and how many farmers/serfs/slaves. The point was that we should be realistic if we thought about what we were in past lives.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I dunno. There are skinwalkers and the like. Do first nations have those type of legends?

There's also things like King Tuts curse and similar throughout ancient mythology.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Isn't it so?

Pretty much discloses the bogus-ness of the fantasy of reincarnation.

Nobody knows who they were or will be.

It's why rebirth seems more along the lines than reincarnation is.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think being a ghost is a temporary attachment to the physical that entities grow out of (so they are not stuck in such states forever). So ancient entities are beyond that temporary attachment stage.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member

It is an interesting thought. Why are the ghosts people describe often dressed to fit the scene familiar to the person seeing them?

Maybe it is like Dante's Inferno. He was Italian and according to his book there were a lot of Italians in Hell. So you see the ghosts you expect to see.

Maybe there is a renewal period and ghosts are big time procrastinators.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I dunno. There are skinwalkers and the like. Do first nations have those type of legends?

For sure. Some of the legends still live on, though many of them were lost when indigenous kids were punished for talking about "pagan" stories while they were at boarding schools. When those stories lost their popularity in these communities, so did the sightings of these spirits

We only know what we know due to a small handfull of people who managed to write these stories to paper before they went away entirely, or due to historians who managed to record these things. That said, the subject is so niche that not much was recorded before these things were lost forever

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Pretty much discloses the bogus-ness of the fantasy of reincarnation.

Nobody knows who they were or will be.
That is actually what most people who believe in reincarnation say. So why then do you say it discloses the bogusness of it, when pretty much no says that?

It's why rebirth seems more along the lines than reincarnation is.
What are you saying? I thought rebirth and reincarnation are the same thing. Are you saying they are different?

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!

Now, this is just what I've heard. I'm sure that someone will correct me.

Ghosts are rare. The conditions for becoming a ghost are pretty unique, like Otzi and fossils.
It basically means either the person doesn't know they're dead or can't accept it.
Trauma is often attributed, especially tragedies.

The second factor is time. Ghosts, well, fade away with time. Or if the location changes dramatically.
A ghost in a house, probably wouldn't be around very much longer if it burned down and was turned into a parking lot.
Now a castle, that's going to last for centuries, and so will the ghosts. But will fade eventually, especially when as old as cave men.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The oldest ghost I believe I've seen looked like a Celto-Roman woman.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

As a medium, I can't say for certain that there are no precontact or prehistoric earthbound spirits because I've never seen one, but that doesn't mean there aren't any out there today. I just haven't been in the right place at the right time to see one. And, as a psychic medium, I am aware that not all human spirits remain earthbound. Most human spirits cross over into the spiritual world, but some choose to remain in the physical realm because they have unfinished business or are unwilling to cross over; other spirits remain earthbound because they are trapped in the physical realm for some reason either beyond their control or because they are scared and confused; and still other spirits are stuck because they are unaware that they have died. I've only traveled within the U.S. and have never traveled abroad, so the oldest spirits that I have ever seen were from the 17th-century colonial era. I was in Boston, MA., at the time, and I have seen Native American spirits at the burial mounds in the Grand Village of the Natchez Indians in Mississippi.