• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Predicting the Next Four Years

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
The end of the world will be prophesied but not happen
We may or may not be invaded by aliens from another galaxy
Bearmageddon may or may not begin
China will overtake the US global economy
@Revoltingest will be declared lord high omnipotent ruler of Revoltingstan, declare the Pope his mentor and it all goes downhill from there
I'll be 4 years closer to retirement

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
My first child will reach adulthood.
They will continue to dwindle the vegetarian products offered to me.
I'll put on weight.
Society will complain about things around them while mostly refusing to engage with them.

I have a few hopes, though.
I hope no more cats follow me home. I have enough.
I hope they build the temple closer to my home. I'm weary of the two hour drive to attend the one we go to now.
I hope my middle son simmers down, energy-wise.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Society will complain about things around them while mostly refusing to engage with them.

aaa82c7a835628871ef8a7e0c276dfb8.gif

Although, I'm not sure that is a prediction as much as it is a certitude

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
what do you expect?.....
Predicting the Next Four Years

I am very optimistic for the next four years. Yearly only ca. 60 (+/- 5) million will die. So, the world will not end.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Here's a 6 month prophecy from a conservative I quite like. I know what the cynical will assume and those who thrive on darkness will cling to, but I'm an optimist and believe this is a reasonable prophecy.

What the Biden era will feel like, six months in

All over the country, in every small town and big city, from the high desert in rural Arizona where I grew up to the Rust Belt, from the Big Apple to the Mountain West, the spell has broken. The miasma of strategic division and malign incompetence that defined the last presidency has been discarded for a more familiar leadership model practiced by every other president since I was old enough to vote, regardless of party — reliable, compassionate, adult. Boring, even.
We conservatives succumbed to the very thing that we had once organized ourselves to oppose. We forgot that a healthy mistrust of executive power was supposed to be our most deeply held belief. We forgot that the institutions of American constitutional democracy are sacrosanct and not some twisted “deep state” plot. We aided and abetted this assault on our values and on objective reality itself. We were accessories to this deeply ugly period. We endangered our country.
And so, conservatives six months from now will have embarked on a period of soul-searching. America needs, and Americans deserve, a principled and reliable conservative party. So, to put it mildly, we Republicans have work to do. Trust to regain. And we know it. And when we are honest with ourselves in the dawn of this new era, we are just as relieved as everyone else that the malefactor was turned out, consigned to a rogue’s place in history.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
go ahead......go for it

what do you expect?.....
Baha'is believe that the old world order is dying and a new world order is slowly rising in its stead. I expect to see a continuation of the process of rolling up the old world order.

“Beseech ye the one true God to grant that all men may be graciously assisted to fulfil that which is acceptable in Our sight. Soon will the present-day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead. Verily, thy Lord speaketh the truth, and is the Knower of things unseen.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 7

I believe that the whole world is in the process of tearing down and building up, and America has a big part in that process. Trump was part of the tearing down and Biden will be part of the building up. In a way, Trump did us a favor by tearing down the old world order and setting the stage for the building of the new world order. Had it not been for Trump, status quo might have continued for who knows how long.

Unity is the only way towards peace and reconciliation. Trump was about division and Biden is all about unity.

The darkest hour is just before the dawn. I am very hopeful that a new day has dawned. :)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
treasure your cash.....and use it well

the plastic is the number in your hand and in your forehead

Thief

Rogue Theologian
your children will graduate high school with out any practicle skills

in my locale......shop class and home education were cancelled almost two decades ago

even if johnny (who cannot read) somehow brings home the bacon
susie won't know how to cook it

Thief

Rogue Theologian
after retiring.....Greenspan admitted.....
taking America off of the gold standard was a mistake

Thief

Rogue Theologian
your gps will track ALL of your personal locations on the run

the Koreans already do this
to a REMARKABLE degree of accuracy

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
go ahead......go for it

what do you expect?.....
We're much weakened because of this virus, and its showing signs of growing worse as it mutates into new strains. For a while we will pay the price. The USA churches will begin to shift away from divisiveness having come near the precipice of destruction, many people falling over the edge. The results of this will be mostly invisible for a long while as the nation slowly transforms, its employment base both shrinking and diversifying. Stock markets will slow and stall. Bitcoin will keep on plodding along, surprising certain people; and Kodak stock will go up. Gold will remain liquid. Prices will rise about 40% by the end of 2024. Mexico will file a case against one of our former presidents. Tim Black will become a well known US spokesperson and be hired by Fox news. That will shock everyone. Tucker Carlson will run for senate.