• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Precedent for a “Zero Trust Policy” and its relevance.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
I have a Zero Trust Policy when it comes to government. That is to say, whatever the government states, I do not trust. This viewpoint is projected and framed to appear as the minority view point, but I don’t think it is such a minority view.
Operation Sea-Spray - Wikipedia
Operation Sea-Spray was when the US navy indiscriminately released a biological weapon on the San Francisco population, for testing purposes. The government has done similar experiments on American citizens on numerous occasions.
Tuskegee Syphilis Study - Wikipedia
then there is the Tuskegee Syphilis Study...
Currently, the government is hell bent on vaccinating the entire US population. Fellow citizens are scoffing at the idea that people are “vaccine hesitant”. I simply would like to highlight the precedent that there is. Help explain why people rightfully have a Zero Trust Policy when it comes to the government. As a result, many, including myself, will not be vaccinated.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I have a Zero Trust Policy when it comes to government. That is to say, whatever the government states, I do not trust. This viewpoint is projected and framed to appear as the minority view point, but I don’t think it is such a minority view.
Operation Sea-Spray was when the US navy indiscriminately released a biological weapon on the San Francisco population, for testing purposes. The government has done similar experiments on American citizens on numerous occasions.
Currently, the government is hell bent on vaccinating the entire US population. Fellow citizens are scoffing at the idea that people are “vaccine hesitant”. I simply would like to highlight the precedent that there is. Help explain why people rightfully have a Zero Trust Policy when it comes to the government. As a result, many, including myself, will not be vaccinated.
Precedent there might be, but you do realise that most countries have such a policy - of vaccinating as many as possible - since this appears to be the best solution in overcoming any pandemic.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
It helped that I had taken biology in school and had read some about viruses in various magazines and knew about various successful vaccines. Government vaccines helped to eliminate polio from our population. I also went to the stack exchange and looked at the data that the epidemiologists were discussing. They were taking it quite seriously. Also I knew some scientists here on RF and had seen how research was done in universities.

When I got the vaccine I wasn't merely trusting the government. I was trusting myself and various other sources.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Precedent there might be, but you do realise that most countries have such a policy - of vaccinating as many as possible - since this appears to be the best solution in overcoming any pandemic.
Perhaps the fact that all governments are pushing for vaccinations can point to a concentrated diabolical effort. Someone with a zero trust policy would generally not trust any government, not just the American government.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Perhaps the fact that all governments are pushing for vaccinations can point to a concentrated diabolical effort. Someone with a zero trust policy would generally not trust any government, not just the American government.
But you can hardly put the USA response down to some conspiracy unless you see such in most or all other countries - and where it is the supposed experts who recommend such. And apparently vaccinations work - according to history.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
It helped that I had taken biology in school and had read some about viruses in various magazines and knew about various successful vaccines. Government vaccines helped to eliminate polio from our population. I also went to the stack exchange and looked at the data that the epidemiologists were discussing. They were taking it quite seriously. Also I knew some scientists here on RF and had seen how research was done in universities.

When I got the vaccine I wasn't merely trusting the government. I was trusting myself and various other sources.
I personally believe there is a virus, and the vaccine is effective towards it. I believe that the virus was purposefully introduced, however. And that the vaccine has other purposes than just vaccinate. generally this is where people will be accused of conspiracy theory.

We Never Know

No Slack

Or this one...

Army Sprayed Bacteria on Unsuspecting Travelers

Army agents carrying suitcase atomizers sprayed unsuspecting travelers at National Airport with common bacteria 20 years ago, declassified documents revealed this week, in an experiment designed to gauge the nation's vulnerability to an enemy-launched epidemic of smallpox.

The experiment, one of a series first made public in 1977, was part of the Army's highly secret biological warfare research conducted between 1943 and 1971 at Fort Detrick, Md. and, a microbiologist said yesterday, may have been more potentially harmful to those sprayed than scientists realized at the time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...avelers/74641dc6-a873-488c-8674-eef36a12ae90/

Or this one...

In widely covered congressional hearings in 1973, pharmaceutical industry officials acknowledged they were using prisoners for testing because they were cheaper than chimpanzees.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Can you point to a place in time where vaccines have led to a net negative result?
In Nigeria, there was a general boycott of the polio vaccine as it was believed it was sterilizing people. The vaccine makers deny this, of course. Wouldn’t any example of a net negative result be denied? I couldn’t find the source right now, but the foundation behind the vaccines said that they were sterilizing for economic reasons. So they admitted to it and defended it, I have to find it but I think the Nigerians polio vaccine boycott is something interesting to look at

We Never Know

No Slack

Playing with and manipulating virus's isn't a good thing. But viral warfare is real.
Who knows maybe experiments got out of hand.

We Never Know

No Slack

Governments have done several such things to the unknowingly citizens. Sadly many people have the mentality of "our government wouldn't do that"

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
In Nigeria, there was a general boycott of the polio vaccine as it was believed it was sterilizing people. The vaccine makers deny this, of course. Wouldn’t any example of a net negative result be denied? I couldn’t find the source right now, but the foundation behind the vaccines said that they were sterilizing for economic reasons. So they admitted to it and defended it, I have to find it but I think the Nigerians polio vaccine boycott is something interesting to look at

Did the vaccine actually lead to sterilization?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I guess it depends on what it is. I generally trust the National Weather Service, even if they may sometimes get their predictions wrong.

I mean, if I go outside and it's sunny and hot, while the Weather Service is telling me that it's cold and snowing, then I would find reason to question them. However, at least of those agencies whose primary mission is to relay information or provide data/statistics, there are numerous industries and other agencies which rely on that data and need it to be as accurate as possible.

As for other government agencies (such as the State Department, Defense Department, any law enforcement, military, or intel agency, and even the courts at times), if they say something which seems senseless or that it goes against common sense or common knowledge about the world, then I would wonder. Or if they use a lot of weasel words or political speak.

We Never Know

No Slack

In northern Nigeria in 2003, the political and religious leaders of Kano, Zamfara, and Kaduna states brought the immunization campaign to a halt by calling on parents not to allow their children to be immunized. These leaders argued that the vaccine could be contaminated with anti-fertility agents (estradiol hormone), HIV, and cancerous agents.

What Led to the Nigerian Boycott of the Polio Vaccination Campaign?

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member