• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Preaching Against Other Religions vs. Teaching Your Own

DreamQuickBook

NetDoc said:
If I were to say the things about "other" religions that atheists are allowed to say about Christianity, I would be censured on a daily basis.

If atheists said the things about Christians that Christians say about everyone else, they would be censured on a daily basis.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
NetDoc said:
If I were to say the things about "other" religions that atheists are allowed to say about Christianity, I would be censured on a daily basis.
Sadly, this is the most accurate statement on this thread.:(

Sabio

greatcalgarian said:
Christian cannot stand the idea of another prophet after Jesus Christ. They like to monopolize Jesus according to the dogma developed around 400AD. Thus Christians have been bashing Muslim, even recruiting the President of United State to help by linking Muslims with Terrorists. Similarly is the mentality of bashing Mormons.

Atheists are humanist, hence they will not allow intolerance to flourish. They 'preach' religious freedom.
Hey, I'm a Christian and I believe there were prophets after Jesus, even says so in the Bible,

Acts 13:1
Now in the church that was at Antioch there were certain prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

But there is not another "Only begotten Son of God" or "Messiah", after Jesus, He is the only one.

Sabio

DreamQuickBook

michel said:
My my, what a lovely view of the world you have!:jam:

Just doing my part to keep everyone's feet on the ground. However, people do love a prophet. :) It gives them some expectation for the future and they don't have to use their brains to figure it out for themselves. Most people don't like figuring things out for themselves. They prefer someone else to hand them their beliefs and their ideas... even their futures. Doesn't bother me as much as it makes me anxious. Once you got too many people walking around on faith, it makes people a little unpredictable. It's hard to judge whether a person is their "own man" or just someone elses sheep.

This applies to some more than others. I think most people set aside their faith for reason a majority of the time. They only worry about the words of prophets when they want to smugly brush aside someone elses' annoying rationality. "So and so said I'm going to heaven and you're not. So and So said God is going to kick your butt". lol That kind of thing. Prophets. You can make a lot of money as a prophet on the Psychic Network; though, most people just want to know if they got money or women in their future; cause like I said, people aren't interested in figuring things out for themselves.

:rolleyes:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Jocose said:
Just doing my part to keep everyone's feet on the ground. However, people do love a prophet. :) It gives them some expectation for the future and they don't have to use their brains to figure it out for themselves. Most people don't like figuring things out for themselves. They prefer someone else to hand them their beliefs and their ideas... even their futures. Doesn't bother me as much as it makes me anxious. Once you got too many people walking around on faith, it makes people a little unpredictable. It's hard to judge whether a person is their "own man" or just someone elses sheep.

This applies to some more than others. I think most people set aside their faith for reason a majority of the time. They only worry about the words of prophets when they want to smugly brush aside someone elses' annoying rationality. "So and so said I'm going to heaven and you're not. So and So said God is going to kick your butt". lol That kind of thing. Prophets. You can make a lot of money as a prophet on the Psychic Network; though, most people just want to know if they got money or women in their future; cause like I said, people aren't interested in figuring things out for themselves.

:rolleyes:
I am glad to say you are completely wrong there, my friend, as far as I am concerned. I don't deny anyone what they call their rationality - if it suits the, what reason would I have to rock their boat ?

By the way, I have a wife, and have worked hard to save money for this part of my life. I haven't got all that much - but enough to 'get by' - which is all I need, just as my wife is the only woman I will ever need.............
icon12.gif

greatcalgarian

NetDoc said:
Oh, is Pah that serious a censor?:biglaugh:

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Actually,

Pah is pretty cool. He doesn't use inflammatory language when discussing other religions. I respect that.

jonny

NetDoc said:

I agree. I've been reading a lot of comments lately (not here, of course) that are very hostile and degrading about people who are religious and hold religious beliefs.

:yes: - I did just resurrect one of my own threads.

Kcnorwood

Just kind of scaned thought the post, looks like there's more preaching going on then anything. How can you teach when your too busy preaching? Even to each other?

It seems preaching against other religions is one of the problems that christiany has.
Even with all the different demonations christiany is busy fighting with each other.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Kcnorwood said:
Just kind of scaned thought the post, looks like there's more preaching going on then anything. How can you teach when your too busy preaching? Even to each other?

It seems preaching against other religions is one of the problems that christiany has.
Even with all the different demonations christiany is busy fighting with each other.

It's not just Christianity, we must not include Pagans, Muslims, Atheists, etc. Everyone is preaching their own -- some more then others, but every group has their few.

Kcnorwood

beckysoup61 said:
It's not just Christianity, we must not include Pagans, Muslims, Atheists, etc. Everyone is preaching their own -- some more then others, but every group has their few.

This is true,however christiany being the donmiant religion it dones't look very good to the people that they are preaching too. The outside world doesn't really care if Pagans & Muslims, ETC are fighting among each other.