• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Preacher: Trump’s Family Gave Up 'Personal Comfort' for You Ungrateful People"

Skwim

Veteran Member

giphy.gif

--- "Ingrate!"
--- "Ingrate!"

"How deep does the cult of Trump go?

Here’s right-wing evangelical James Robison, host of his own TV show, yelling at a camera at all those people criticizing Donald Trump‘s despicable response to the COVID-19 epidemic because — *sniff* — don’t you know how hard this is on him?! His family has sacrificed everything for you ungrateful people!

0PbS0KY6bDrrQmpP

[To watch the video click on the "source" below]

I thanked [Trump] when I talked to him earlier this week.

“Sir, please hear this from me and every American. Thank you and every member of your family for loving your neighbor more than you love yourselves. Because there are not many people in America, in the world, who would put up with 24 hours of absolute, deceptive, manipulative, chronic assault against a man that is diligently trying to help all of us.”

And he has laid down, along with every member of his family their personal comfort. They don’t have a normal life to live. Not many of you listening to me would continue to get up every day, and even when you leave the White House to go out to the helicopter, stop and look at a bunch of paid assassins, who are, most of them, gonna misrepresent what you say instead of trying to help the American people with the freedom of speech and press that they have. And he stands there and listens to them. And talks to them, And tries to answer them. And if he answers them perfectly, they’re going to misrepresent him. They’re going to accuse him of doing it for the wrong reasons.

It’s true. Trump is playing far less golf now than he used to. His family has to pretend not to care about their own businesses even though they never divested from them. He even has to answer questions from the media as if he’s accountable for his actions. The horror!

Honestly, the media is doing too much to make him look presidential. They should quote his tweets like the crazy rants they are instead of sanitizing them for their articles, and they should play clips of him talking verbatim instead of paraphrasing his bananas statements as if they’re normal."
source

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
First thought...he who runs for public office (especially very powerful public office) does so while knowing full-well that they open themselves to incessant public scrutiny. There can be nothing so obvious as that.

Second thought...he who does the above, generally isn't in the slightest interested in quiet private life. As a matter of fact, they seem to have spent most of their lives trying to be very, very public. In Trump's case, a very public television career leaps rapidly to mind.

Pity him not -- he's getting exactly what he craves!

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Thoughts?
He should ask Americans who think it suitable to charge Trump with criminal negligence over this what we think before he has to arrogance to speak for all of. I don't want to thank Trump. For many reasons I want to kick his nuts off.

Skwim

Veteran Member
He should ask Americans who think it suitable to charge Trump with criminal negligence over this what we think before he has to arrogance to speak for all of. I don't want to thank Trump. For many reasons I want to kick his nuts off.
Allll right.