1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pre vs Post Incarnation

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by Fool, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Fool

Fool Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +596
    Religion:
    Exclusively no thing, inclusively everything Nuk Pu Nuk
    So if you believe in something surviving this incarnation, this human experience, why would there not be a prior existence to this incarnation?

And if there is a prior/post existence to this human experience, why is there even a need for a human experience/existence?

2. YmirGF

YmirGF Bodhisattva
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +11,937
    Religion:
    Beyond the Light
    In my weirdo view, all lives are lived simultaneously, each in their own "now" or experience of time. Though there is a loose "before" and "after", it's more like a game of leapfrog than it is a rote linear progression. A better analogy is that it is more like a police investigation, where you follow things along, but are confronted with many dead ends until new leads crop up allowing one to "leapfrog" a given mode of thought. Not perfect and not meant literally, but not a terrible analogy.

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Nakosis

Nakosis crystal soldier
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,132
    Religion:
    Transhumanist
    I think there would have to be. You just don't necessarily remember it. This doesn't seem unusual to me since about 99% of the events in my current life I've no conscious memory of. I've enough memories to feel I am the same person from childhood, but little more. I also imagine birth to be a pretty traumatic experience that might make a person forget about any previous existence.

I kind of assumed it was for entertainment. Like a immersive video game for some super conscious being. Just for the drama of the experience. No grand purpose beyond that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. David T

David T Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I have been deincarnated, like shoots and laddersl hit a shoots and wham i landed here. I am being punished, iIIbelieved something, and when I died management said "oh yeah so you want to believe! Well we will send you back in time to belief world as your punishment". I know not Germain to the thread but fun.

5. allfoak

allfoak Alchemist

Ratings:
    +1,489
    Religion:
    My Life
    It is necessary for the growth of spirit.

6. George-ananda

George-ananda Advaita and Spiritualist and Pantheist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,091
    Religion:
    Advaita and Spiritualist and Pantheist
    I think it is all a play/drama of the One consciousness. The One consciousness envelopes a spark of itself in a cloak of ignorance until after an eon of experiences returns to understanding it was always the One.

Why? To experience.

7. 'mud

'mud ~~ Life is Stuff ~~
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +764
    Religion:
    ~~ LIFE ~~
    Prior/Past.....God/Mary.....Pre/Post
    non reality at it's worst.
    sperm/egg....baby/death....truth.

8. Fool

Fool Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +596
    Religion:
    Exclusively no thing, inclusively everything Nuk Pu Nuk

i have heard it likened to the mind, body, spirit complex from the link i provided you.