• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pre marriage course??

Brok Born

Hey everyone,

I'm getting married April 2012 and my question is when is too early to do a pre marriage course! If anybody have any idea and experience please assist me.

Thanks in advance
Brok Born

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster
I would love to read a LHP "marriage manual". Would that include unconventional arrangements?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
As far as I know members of the Temple of Set who have been ordained to the Priesthood of Set III*+ are able to preside over the marriage of other Setians as the ToS is the only Satanic religious institution fully recognized by the United States government. Therefore, at least in the US, all Setian marriages are legal. Also in the ToS, Setians are able to compose their own wedding ceremonies. Again, the wedding must be presided over by an ordained Priest or Priestess of Set III*+. A III* Initiate of the ToS would be able to verify all this.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster
As far as I know members of the Temple of Set who have been ordained to the Priesthood of Set III*+ are able to preside over the marriage of other Setians as the ToS is the only Satanic religious institution fully recognized by the United States government.

Really? So LeVey's famous public weddings in the 60's weren't legally binding arrangements? Interesting. I still like the idea of someone (not necessarily from some order or other) producing an "authoritative" Left Hand Path marriage manual in the style of similar literature produced by Catholics or Mormons. But would include sensible advice and indeed explicit instructions for polygamous/amorous arrangements and all levels of BDSM/personal slavery in accordance with the will of the betrothed. The appropriate tongue-in-cheek tone could produce a work of lasting value.

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Really? So LeVey's famous public weddings in the 60's weren't legally binding arrangements?

Actually I think members of the Priesthood of Mendes (III* members of the Church of Satan) are able to legally marry couples. As I have never been a member of the CoS I can't really verify that.

/Adramelek\

A

angellous_evangellous

I wouldn't do a pre-marriage course. This is what you need to know:

1) How to talk about money // make a budget

2) How to talk about sex // learn wants, desires, expectations -- all of which may need to be adjusted

3) How to talk about life goals and how to reach them

4) Conflict resolution // how to argue, confrount problems, and compromise

You can learn most of this from Oprah.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I wouldn't do a pre-marriage course. This is what you need to know:

1) How to talk about money // make a budget

2) How to talk about sex // learn wants, desires, expectations -- all of which may need to be adjusted

3) How to talk about life goals and how to reach them

4) Conflict resolution // how to argue, confrount problems, and compromise

I agree with A.E. on this one. There are no "Satanic" pre-marriage courses or manuals. If you wish to get an idea of what a CoS Satanic Wedding Ceremony is like you can find such ceremonies in both LaVey's "The Satanic Rituals" and in Peter H. Gilmore's "The Satanic Scriptures". As for the Temple of Set, they do have several outlines for Setian Wedding Ceremonies, but they are available only to inner-Temple Initiates. :p :D

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
To my fellow Black Brethren:

What is all this debate about the inverted cross, a useless, outdated symbol? It's only value lies in LBM shock effect. A one true and the most ancient and sacred of all our Magical symbols lay within the geometric design of the Pentagram, which is the purest and most perfect mathematical embodiment of the phi ratio. Hail the words of Our Dark Lord in His/Its most ancient Form as the Egyptian Set contained within "The Book of Coming Forth by Night":

"When I came first to this world, I gave to you my great pentagram, timeless measure of beauty through proportion. And it was shown inverse, that creation and change be exalted above rest and preservation."

Think often of the words of Set, and be aware of the sure knowledge that when you think of Him, He will think of you. :bat:

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Why don't we use the golden spiral?

Actually the mathemagical concept of the Golden Ratio is a point of interest to some Initiates of the Order of the Trapezoid within the Temple of Set. The Golden Ratio was also employed by the ancient Egyptians and the Greeks in the archeticture of their temples and other sacred structures and art (case in point the Parthenon and even the "Last Supper"). The pentagram was used by the Egyptians in the archeticture of the pyramids. The ancients Understood the mathemagical value of the phi ratio. Another case in point was the mathemagician/philosopher Pythagoras who used the pentagram as the symbol for his school of thought.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\