• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

praying to lord Ganesha

LilyPhoenix

i prayed to lord Ganesha today for the first time
I had a mantra but i was unsure how many times i was to say it
I covered my head with a scarf and i burned some incense and had a picture of Ganesha ( A picture i printed out )
Am unsure if i did it right or not but it felt good doing it and i am feeling more positive now

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I covered my head with a scarf and i burned some incense and had a picture of Ganesha ( A picture i printed out )
Am unsure if i did it right or not but it felt good doing it and i am feeling more positive now

Namaste,

You didn't have to cover your head with a scarf. But, I am very happy and glad that it felt good for you and that you are feeling more positive now. Bless.

M.V.

Ganesha is Dark:

He invokes more fear into His devotee than even death does.

Ganesha is Asylum:

Yet, at the same time, He makes His devotee laugh like mad.

Ganesha runs after you:

Yes, you don't run after Him.

PS: Ganesha is not god, He is REAL.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Aum Gam Ganapataye Namaha

There is no 'right' or 'wrong' so you did it 'right'. :)

Devotee91

Ganesha is Dark:

He invokes more fear into His devotee than even death does.

Ganesha is Asylum:

Yet, at the same time, He makes His devotee laugh like mad.

Ganesha runs after you:

Yes, you don't run after Him.

PS: Ganesha is not god, He is REAL.

Can you explain this, tell a little more about what you mean?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I wholeheartedly disagree with KT. Ganesha is not dark, at least in the sense of 'dark' being negative. i think it was an attempt at humour with the user's username.

Umm..ok, remember when that uncle/ brother during your childhood who would pretend to be a demon and come running after you? What was that feel? Fear? Laughter?

"Kāli kills, decapitates. Ganesha is Her favourite, see."

He lost His head aeons ago, but today can't even seem to remember, instead got an elephant head, big, humorous.

"A single encounter with Ganesha triggers an unstoppable train of irreversible processes."

So if you see Him by any chance, just run off as fast and far as you can to save yourself. And dear children, beware of someone in the particular garb of a good-natured, jovial-looking pujāri, who may after a while start talking unusual, even start looking unusual, and then suddenly invite you to a play.

And then "all hell breaks loose on you."

Beware. He is here.

As in a hide-and-seek.

P.S.: Ganesha, please go after MV. MV, run. Off to outta this world:p

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste DarkAsylum

It only gets better from here!

Now add offering some nice sweets as "food"l , He likes that! And then after your devotion, you can eat and share the sweet balls and you not only enjoy, you get blessing right inside.

Make your sweets vegi, that is no eggs in them for example.

Ganesha seems to be the One who so often is the "first", the One who "brings you in". That was true for me, in His form as Ganapati.

HE will open Doors for you.

Om Namah Sivaya