• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Praying to God

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Does god not hear the sinner but the fruitful only?

John 9
31 We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.

WalterTrull

Godfella

John 9
31 We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.

Oh please! God is always there for everyone, sinner and godly alike. Thing is, if you don't want to listen, it might seem like he's not there.

John 9

I think two things God looks at. Ones life, how they live/treat others, love.

And is the prayer honest? A honest prayer verses just a religious, go through the motions kinda prayer.

Honest like this > God, i loved others, treated everyone right and you took my child away from me, why!

Verses religious motion like this > our father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, ect

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Oh please! God is always there for everyone, sinner and godly alike. Thing is, if you don't want to listen, it might seem like he's not there.

"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

Matt 6:9-Matt 6:13 NIV “This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’

do unto us as you would have done unto other as all are one

WalterTrull

Godfella
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

Matt 6:9-Matt 6:13 NIV “This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’

do unto us as you would have done unto other as all are one

OK. What do YOU think. I know the references.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
OK. What do YOU think. I know the references.
jesus doesn't correct the man in john 9:31.

so for those who pray for selfish reasons love doesn't apply. love covers a multitude of sins. sin has nothing to do with righteousness, doing what is right.

love is not a man that it should lie, nor the son of man that it should change.

Last edited:

WalterTrull

Godfella
jesus doesn't correct the man in john 9:31.

so for those who pray for selfish reasons love doesn't apply. love covers a multitude of sins. sin has nothing to do with righteousness, doing what is right.

love is not a man that it should lie, nor the son of man that it should change.

Well OK. Not exactly what I was after, but OK.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
John 9:31 We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.

There are sinners and there are sinners. Sinners who refuse to repent. Sinners who do repent.
Once a person knows right from wrong, then they are accountable to God.
We all have the freedom to act responsibly toward God.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
There are sinners and there are sinners. Sinners who refuse to repent. Sinners who do repent.
Once a person knows right from wrong, then they are accountable to God.
We all have the freedom to act responsibly toward God.

being compassionate is responsible. the good samaritan parable is the epitome of loving kindness, neighborly, friendly.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

John 9

In this application, he is talking about the miracles that Jesus was doing.

God hears the sinners, if He didn't (in the Christian understanding), who would be saved? Sinners pray to get saved.

Regardless, there are many scriptures that speak of God hearing the cry of a sinner.

Trackdayguy

Speed doesn't kill, it's hitting the wall

John 9

If God can't hear the sinner then how can the sinner get connected. Has logic gone down the toilet

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In this application, he is talking about the miracles that Jesus was doing.

God hears the sinners, if He didn't (in the Christian understanding), who would be saved? Sinners pray to get saved.

Regardless, there are many scriptures that speak of God hearing the cry of a sinner.
the sinner must repent and return to love.